2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

So Where are they all? Area reps say sales brisk

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/05, 02:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i live near santa monica and i see at least 5-10 05 mustangs a day, mostly V6's but in the last few days I have also seen 4 conv. (3 of which were V6's)
Old 4/4/05, 07:44 AM
V6 Member

Here in Kansas City, you see several V6 models around, but very few GTs. Went to a cruise night / show the other night and saw a black GT and a "bronze" colored GT. Heck, none of the Johnson County dealerships have a single GT. All V6 models.
Old 4/4/05, 10:23 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by aponyfan+April 3, 2005, 8:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aponyfan @ April 3, 2005, 8:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@April 3, 2005, 7:52 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Shannon
@April 3, 2005, 4:37 PM
I don't see many either. I drove to Dallas Friday and only saw two, a V6 and a GT. Didn't see any while I was up there. The cars are moving off the lots, but where are they all going to? Some secret Mustang community?

Alabama...........

I am not even special anymore.. Too blasted many 05s on the road.
Well, that explains the mystery. They're all going to 'Bama. Must be a plot to destabalize the Northern economy.

April,

We're going to need you to start 'jacking them and shipping them elsewhere...
[/b][/quote]

Jeebus. Just taking my kid to school I pass three other than mine. Two of them Gts.
Pass two more if I want to go out anywhere, and always get to play with one or two on the roads while I'm going. (Except frigging Bizarro Eleanor, I hate her)
We won't mention the total of jillions on all the dealer lots here, including verts and Gts.
Old 4/4/05, 10:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

I live in Maine and even with the snow I have seen 2 v-6's on ther road in the last month. The only GT's I have seen was last week. I was heading up the pike and came up on a car carrier and he had 2 GT's on it! I almost went off the darn road following beside him in the fast lane gawking at the cars. He went right by my exit and north so I dont know what dealer he went to and the big ones I called in my area said it wasnt for them. Theer are 2 lucky owenrs alot happier out there this week.
Old 4/4/05, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@April 4, 2005, 1:05 AM
Here's another strange bit of info. My father recently drove down to Florida in his Envoy and told me that the further South he went, the more common '05 Mustangs were. By the time he got to Florida, he said he couldn't drive more than two miles without seeing one or two!

Weirdness, indeed.
I don't know about seeing one every couple of miles, but here in Tampa/St.Pete, Fla area, I do see 4-5 a week, almost excusivly V-6's. However, almost every morning I am in the same traffic flow as a MG GT. As well, there is a SS GT in one of the retail shopping center parking lots on the route to my house that I see a couple of times a week. And, in this same parking lot, I have seen a SS V-6 with black stripes, tint, and custom wheels.

All in all, since January, I have only seen 4 GT's on the road, the two above as well as a TR one and one other MG. Plenty of 6's though. Also, I have yet to see a LL or SB of any version on the street. Are not that many people going for these colors? The main colors I see are MG, white, SS, and black.
Old 4/4/05, 12:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, thanks everyone for chiming in. At least, I know I'm not crazy.
Old 4/4/05, 12:33 PM
V6 Member

In the DC metro area I've only seen 2 05 v6's. Plus the GT I get into every day.
Old 4/4/05, 12:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I live in central NJ and I have seen maybe 5-6 in the last 3 months. However, I just came back from a brief Florida vacation where I saw no less than 12-15 in 3 days!!! OBleedingMe and mustp51 have the same observations. It looks like Florida had a better allocation during the winter months.
Old 4/4/05, 12:40 PM
Cobra Member

I live in south florida and so far I have seen two white v-6, one silver v-6, one redfire v-6, two legend lime v-6, one black GT, one mineral grey GT, two sonic blue GT, and one redfire GT.
This does not count the seven or eight that were at the South Florida Mustang show.
Old 4/4/05, 12:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Live in NYC. I've seen one v6 in Brooklyn, one v6 in Manhattan, and one v6 in central jersey. Other than that, have only seen a couple v6's on lots. I can't believe how sparse they are still...
Old 4/4/05, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ILikeBond@April 4, 2005, 12:56 PM
Live in NYC. I've seen one v6 in Brooklyn, one v6 in Manhattan, and one v6 in central jersey. Other than that, have only seen a couple v6's on lots. I can't believe how sparse they are still...
That's for sure. I moved from Manhattan about a month ago without ever seeing one outside a showroom.
Old 4/4/05, 02:14 PM
GT Member

I live in Birmingham and have seen 4 in this area and I seen one near Chattanooga a few weeks ago. I keep hoping the next on that I see is mine. Now get this, the last one I seen was the guy who ordered is before me. The blasted thing was mine exactly. Talking about almost having a heart attack. I had to go get the VIN# for mine and call Ford to make sure they haven't screwed up and that mine was still coming. I felt like offering the guys some $$$$ to go away and just let me have that one, but I figured he had waited for his, just like I am waiting for mine.

Oscar
Old 4/4/05, 02:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Atlanta, Ga here, Ihave seen a couple of v-6 cars here and there and a grand total of three GT's since christmas...there are a bunch of v-6 cars on the dealer lots here, and several Gt,s now, just dont see them on the road much.
Old 4/4/05, 02:53 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I still get giddy when I see another 05. They are like lovebugs down here- all over the place.
My husbands response because he's so sick of seeing them and hearing me squeal..
GUESS WHAT? I still don't give a
Old 4/4/05, 02:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Throughout the winter, Ford has allocated more Mustangs to southern states that have warmer winters. Expect to see a little shift to allow more cars in northern states soon.
Old 4/4/05, 03:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@April 4, 2005, 2:56 PM
I still get giddy when I see another 05. They are like lovebugs down here- all over the place.
My husbands response because he's so sick of seeing them and hearing me squeal..
And, April, I'm guessing, you'll keep doing it regardless of his response.
Old 4/4/05, 03:10 PM
GT Member

We got our 05gt convert about three weeks ago. From what I have heard is that Ford was shipping them to the Southern states first. That is why they have more south of us. I live in Pa. and drive to Towson Maryland eveyday. Some days I see up to 5 of the 05. There is a Steal blue gt, red gt, yellow v6, bullet gray and sonic blue convert. These I see all the time. I want to see more but I will be patient. Rite now I am the only gt convert in southern york county Pa. And it is great, we get looks and smile everywhere. We ordered ours last November. Well I know ford did a great job with this car and where ever they end up in show rooms they don't stay long, so we should see more soon.
Old 4/4/05, 03:15 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@April 4, 2005, 3:56 PM

April I still squeal too. It drives my driver nuts. But it's fun, and she tells me all the time,"You are such a car crazy girl" Yea thats me!!! Too bad!
Old 4/4/05, 03:17 PM
FR500 Member

There are many days that go by that I don't see a new Mustang. I probably average 1 or 2 V6's a week, and maybe 1 GT a month, in the New Orleans area (not so much in the city as around it). The other day (last Thursday) I saw a refire GT convertible on the interstate north of New Orleans. That was the first convertible I have seen. The top was down too. Pretty nice.
Old 4/4/05, 03:31 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by acadian@April 4, 2005, 4:20 PM
There are many days that go by that I don't see a new Mustang. I probably average 1 or 2 V6's a week, and maybe 1 GT a month, in the New Orleans area (not so much in the city as around it). The other day (last Thursday) I saw a refire GT convertible on the interstate north of New Orleans. That was the first convertible I have seen. The top was down too. Pretty nice.

Wish It was me!! My hubby wants to go to Orleans. I will have to tell him

Quick Reply: So Where are they all? Area reps say sales brisk