2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ship date- Help!

Search this Thread

Old 7/28/05, 07:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK my car was built on July 21st...I've checked erl, and kzinti from blueoval....

Does anyone know what it means when the vopc erl says it was shipped via convoy carrier on July 25th (I live in MI, shouldnt be long..)...yet kzinti's results show that it doesn't even have a gate release date yet??? I'm confused, and anxious
Old 7/28/05, 08:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

I live in Michigan as well.
My car was built on April 27th, shipped via convoy on the 29th.Arrived at the dealer on May 4th.
I am 150 miles from AAI.

I would go buy what the ERL has to say. Her information isn't always current, but it's not too far off. If she says shipped, it is shipped.

Hold tight, your nanner shipment is close.
Old 7/28/05, 09:00 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by eromzek@July 28, 2005, 6:57 AM
OK my car was built on July 21st...I've checked erl, and kzinti from blueoval....

Does anyone know what it means when the vopc erl says it was shipped via convoy carrier on July 25th (I live in MI, shouldnt be long..)...yet kzinti's results show that it doesn't even have a gate release date yet??? I'm confused, and anxious
eromzek: did she say "as of the week of July 25th" or "as of July 25th" your car as shipped? I wonder if her info is weekly based and she means your car is scheduled to be shipped this week... meaning it could be shipped even as late as tomorrow 7/29. hhhmmm just a thought. I'd keep bugging Kzinti. I know he's trying to find out which VIN#'s are stuck in QC... there's one guy over there that was produced back on like 5/20 and his car still hasn't shipped... That would stink.
Old 7/28/05, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I wish you nothing but the best of luck, and a speedy delivery of your car.

Here's what happened to me.
The computer said as of April 5th(I think) I was shipped convoy carrier. The dealer printed out a sheet, and the ETA was april 26th.

April 26th came and went. No car.
After tracking it down, we found it somehow shipped, but not released. (Dealer didn't even know that was possible) It ended up in a quality hold for 2 months.
It finally shipped convoy again on Early June. A few days later, train, then convoy again.

Hopefully this turns out better for you, than it did me.
Old 7/28/05, 10:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by RottenRonny@July 28, 2005, 10:26 AM
I wish you nothing but the best of luck, and a speedy delivery of your car.

The computer said as of April 5th(I think) I was shipped convoy carrier. The dealer printed out a sheet, and the ETA was april 26th.

After tracking it down, we found it somehow shipped, but not released. (Dealer didn't even know that was possible) It ended up in a quality hold for 2 months.
It finally shipped convoy again on Early June. A few days later, train, then convoy again.

Hopefully this turns out better for you, than it did me.

When you say computer do you mean erl or kzinti?? You've definitely got me worried now...
Old 7/28/05, 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

No. I know my dealer pretty well, so I talked to him every day. He just looked it up on the computer for me. THe update on the computer is the same as the erl, and what the guy from blue oval does.

I would suggest you contact your dealer, and have him look into it. He can phone VOC, and speak with an analyst, or in my case, they had to get the regional rep involved, to figure out that the car was in the quality hold.

I am sure everything is fine for you, but phone your dealer anyway.
Old 7/28/05, 11:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by RottenRonny@July 28, 2005, 11:00 AM
No. I know my dealer pretty well, so I talked to him every day. He just looked it up on the computer for me. THe update on the computer is the same as the erl, and what the guy from blue oval does.

I would suggest you contact your dealer, and have him look into it. He can phone VOC, and speak with an analyst, or in my case, they had to get the regional rep involved, to figure out that the car was in the quality hold.

I am sure everything is fine for you, but phone your dealer anyway.

Had the same thing with my personal GT. ERL and our concepts computer system showed shipped convoy but it was still sitting on the ramp. Used my regional influence to expedite it.
Old 7/28/05, 01:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Case Closed!! Thanks to everyone for their input and help, but coincidently enough...a couple hours after this post I got a call from my dealer telling me my car is in!! (See "I want nanners" post..) Someone up there likes me.....
Old 7/28/05, 01:40 PM
Bullitt Member

You will get a lot more nanners if you start a new thread stating same.

Here ya go!

By the way, what are you getting? Color, style, interior, IUP's, wheels, spoiler yes/no. It's not a GTO is it? Oh yeah, no back order on them - they can hardly give them away at employee discount rates
Old 7/28/05, 07:29 PM
V6 Member

Awesome! Congrats.

Enjoy you're new ride!
Old 7/29/05, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by RottenRonny@July 28, 2005, 9:26 AM

Now I'm a bit spooked. Our car was "shipped via convoy carrier" as of July 20th. My dealer shows an ETA of 8/1 - but now he's telling me that since he sees no rail car number listed - it's likely still in Michigan somewhere because it hasn't hit the rail yet. He doesn't think the car will be here on 8/1 because of this. "Probably in a few weeks" is what I'm getting now.

I'm bummed. Any thoughts? Hopefully - somebody just didn't update their system.
Old 8/2/05, 03:48 PM

Called the dealer after lunch and the car is there! He fumbled around looking at delivery receipts and found the car on one of them - so I'm glad I called. We're picking it up tonight at 5.

The confusing part about the whole delivery thing is that it's been listed as having been released to a convoy carrier since July 20th and never got a rail car number. So they thought it was still in Michigan. Yesterday the dealer called the Benicia DC and they said the car had been delivered to them - so they just never got a rail car entered into the system. I don't know if it was delivered to the dealer yesterday or today - but the ETA listed was yesterday - so it was pretty close to being on time.

BTW - this isn't even my car. I bought it for my wife for her birthday - which was June 3rd. I'm probably not going to even get to drive the thing for weeks!