Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2005-2009 S-197 Gen 1 Shaker1000 / A/C Vent Motor and Noise in Dash!

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/18, 10:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005-2009 S-197 Gen 1 Shaker1000 / A/C Vent Motor and Noise in Dash!

Hello,

since i live overseas i hope find some good answers here..

I bought my car 2 years ago. Everything was fine until temperatures droped and cold weather came. If the car was parked for2,3 days battery dead. So , bought a new battery , but happen d the same. So after some forums research i found that i have to change the cd drive mechanism from my sh1000, wich displayed message CD ERROR all the time, and was not working.

So, i placed the order on rockauto and change it. That happen in spring( because of a loooong shipment from usa to romania) and after change it everything worked perfect. No cd error message, cd works fine , battery hold for ever.

This until ... winter came again...

I keep the car in an unheated garage and a few days ago when i want to start the car , after 3 weeks, battery flat dead. So... i charged the battery,and start the car. Than surprize !!! Big one. Cd player not working and message CD ERROR came back , and if this isnt enough i have a strange noise in dash board ...

So my question is cd driver mechanism is broke again because of cold weather(when i parked the 3 weeks ago cd works fine) and sucked all the battery, or battery was sucked by another consumer and broke the cd drive mechanism ??

And what is that annoing noise , its related with flat battery or with shaker ? Or its just a coincidence ?

Any thoughts ??

Old 2/2/18, 11:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I was always under the impression that a new radio had to be married to the car with a Ford scanner as I had mine done under warranty for a CD skipping TSB. I've never heard that sound before but one thing I can tell you is a battery maintainer is necessary or the modules in this car will weaken the battery in short time. I always turned off all accessories including the Shaker setting on the radio before storing or knowing I wouldn't be driving for some time. If you can't use a battery maintainer I'd probably just disconnect the battery for longer no drive conditions. The radio still maintains the station presets but the KAM may be lost.
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (2/5/18)
Old 2/5/18, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Shaker 1000 and noise in Dash

I have an 2007 and I haven't experienced the Shaker killing the battery issue but regarding the noise here's a video showing you how to fix it, good luck
m05fastbackGT (2/5/18)
Old 2/5/18, 10:14 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,956 Likes on 1,584 Posts
Originally Posted by Lime GT
I was always under the impression that a new radio had to be married to the car with a Ford scanner as I had mine done under warranty for a CD skipping TSB. I've never heard that sound before but one thing I can tell you is a battery maintainer is necessary or the modules in this car will weaken the battery in short time. I always turned off all accessories including the Shaker setting on the radio before storing or knowing I wouldn't be driving for some time. If you can't use a battery maintainer I'd probably just disconnect the battery for longer no drive conditions. The radio still maintains the station presets but the KAM may be lost.
At first, I also thought it was the shaker 500/1000 that drained the batteries until taking my car to 2 different dealerships that performed a full diagnostic test of the electrical system. Needless to say, it was determined the shaker 500 was not the cause, but rather the ECM modules such as the KAM (keep alive memory) and active alarm system modules which are constantly drawing milliamp current and according to Ford, is considered as normal.

The only solutions that Ford recommends are if the vehicle is not being used for prolonged periods of time, make sure all accessories are turned off manually. If your vehicle has a factory active alarm system, do not use the remote for locking the doors, as using the remote will keep the alarm system incline sensors activated which will end up drawing current continuously. Ford also strongly recommends running either a battery maintainer/tender charger or disconnect the battery altogether. It's also recommended to not purchase a battery if it's been sitting on the shelf for more than 6 months.

Anyhow since following Ford's recommendation, my Motorcraft batteries have lasted for 3+years.

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 2/5/18 at 10:17 PM.
wanted33 (2/6/18)
Old 2/6/18, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by bbuckley777
I have an 2007 and I haven't experienced the Shaker killing the battery issue but regarding the noise here's a video showing you how to fix it, good luck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3K5JznJbGQ
I ve been thinking thats the problem BUT the noise come up ONLY when open the door . Not when start the car, or swich the ac **** or defroster or anythink else. And its just three times and stop. Always the same.It is still possible to be the actuator?
Old 2/6/18, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
At first, I also thought it was the shaker 500/1000 that drained the batteries until taking my car to 2 different dealerships that performed a full diagnostic test of the electrical system. Needless to say, it was determined the shaker 500 was not the cause, but rather the ECM modules such as the KAM (keep alive memory) and active alarm system modules which are constantly drawing milliamp current and according to Ford, is considered as normal.

The only solutions that Ford recommends are if the vehicle is not being used for prolonged periods of time, make sure all accessories are turned off manually. If your vehicle has a factory active alarm system, do not use the remote for locking the doors, as using the remote will keep the alarm system incline sensors activated which will end up drawing current continuously. Ford also strongly recommends running either a battery maintainer/tender charger or disconnect the battery altogether. It's also recommended to not purchase a battery if it's been sitting on the shelf for more than 6 months.

Anyhow since following Ford's recommendation, my Motorcraft batteries have lasted for 3+years.
I just bought a 05 and guy put new battery in it the week i bought it, car only has 1100 miles on it so i don't drive it much and it keep going dead. So i did the same thing locked car when getting out and it started just fine last weekend after sitting for a few weeks. never had a car do that before.
Old 2/6/18, 05:49 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,956 Likes on 1,584 Posts
Originally Posted by dillyrev
I just bought a 05 and guy put new battery in it the week i bought it, car only has 1100 miles on it so i don't drive it much and it keep going dead. So i did the same thing locked car when getting out and it started just fine last weekend after sitting for a few weeks. never had a car do that before.
Also, keep in mind that when a battery becomes nearly fully discharged, the ECM will drain the remaining power from the battery once there is no longer enough voltage/amps required for keeping the power accessories/modules running. This is what causes the shaker 500/1000 to power on and cycle through the CD changer just before the battery becomes completely discharged. Therefore as previously mentioned, it's recommended to use a battery maintainer/tender charger or disconnect the battery altogether during storage and for those who have a factory active alarm system, don't use the remote for locking the doors, as using the remote will activate the incline sensors of the active alarm system and end up draining more power from the battery, killing it faster by running continuously.
Old 2/8/18, 12:06 AM

So, the noise is from cd player. I ve decided to change the HU with

https://www.emag.ro/radio-cd-auto-jv...ch-Action=view

using this harness

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-IZn3GT...Interface.html

As i want to do it myself , do i need anything else ?

thanks.
Old 10/15/23, 01:27 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,526 Likes on 1,862 Posts
Vent Motor Fits 05-09

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...tra2=&filter=()

Also a Temperature Blend Motor!

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...19e616-ea.html

Updated Title For Better Searchability !

THREAD UPDATE 10/15/2023

KC
Old 10/19/23, 06:50 AM
GT Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
I have this issue in my 2005. I haven't got into it yet other then some research on the parts and how to do it but it seems like its always the top one. The hardest one to replace. Go figure.