The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   semi-vandalism to my car tonight (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/semi-vandalism-my-car-tonight-427162/)

RaGsHoCkEy88 12/16/05 10:56 PM

ok its cold here in NJ...sooo hoses r frozen and tonight i was working and my brother drove to work cuz we work together. i left my car in the street and my mom calls saying "i have bad news" thinking something horrible happened my mom told me someone baby-powdered the whole side of my car....WHICH I JUST HAD WASHED ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! ok soo i come home, its 12:00am and from front to back on the drivers side, baby powder all over. i try to clean it and the water just freezes. im more mad i had to go outside and clean it off but still pretty pissed that someone was rediculous enough to do this. i know i shouldnt have left the car on the street but i live in a quiet neighborhood. anyway just was wonderring if baby powder would do anything which i dont think but back to the car wash again....what gives :dunno:

Enfynet 12/16/05 11:15 PM

Hopefully it was non-abrasive stuff. Otherwise you might have some hairline scratches in the clearcoat. If you have a coin-operated carwash in your area try going there, otherwise take it to the dealer and ask them to wash it for you real quick.

WERKED 66 12/17/05 01:28 AM

are you sure it was baby powder and not comet or ajax........whatever the case it i would not wipe it i would just try to rinse it off first....

Nick85 12/17/05 01:43 AM

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@December 16, 2005, 11:59 PM
ok its cold here in NJ...sooo hoses r frozen and tonight i was working and my brother drove to work cuz we work together. i left my car in the street and my mom calls saying "i have bad news" thinking something horrible happened my mom told me someone baby-powdered the whole side of my car....WHICH I JUST HAD WASHED ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! ok soo i come home, its 12:00am and from front to back on the drivers side, baby powder all over. i try to clean it and the water just freezes. im more mad i had to go outside and clean it off but still pretty pissed that someone was rediculous enough to do this. i know i shouldnt have left the car on the street but i live in a quiet neighborhood. anyway just was wonderring if baby powder would do anything which i dont think but back to the car wash again....what gives :dunno:

I wish you caught the SOB :bang:

nynvolt 12/17/05 07:48 AM

Someone put 2 half eaten dough-nuts on my car, one of which left jelly residue on the trunk, think they threw them. I was pretty annoyed but thankfull it was only dough-nuts and not eggs or rocks.

People are pretty crappy, thats just life. Would love to install a remote video camera with motion detectors in my car.

Boltzman 12/17/05 12:57 PM

can you hook up hot water on the hose?

94tbird 12/17/05 01:26 PM

hot water freezes faster than cold water. Its why zamboni's use hot water to resurface the ice for hockey games.

garyb900 12/17/05 02:26 PM

People can be such jerks!
It really makes it hard to have anything nice when you have to deal with people that can't leave other's stuff alone.
You never seem to be able to catch these guys either.
I feel for you. That kind of stuff really pisses me off!
I don't know why they get off on doing stuff like that. Just defective in the brain I guess? It's tough enough trying to keep your stuff in good shape without "bleeps" like that coming along and doing something on purpose.

RaGsHoCkEy88 12/17/05 02:29 PM

lol im sure it was baby powder cuz u cant miss a smell like that!! it smelled like a freshly powdered baby.....the clearcoat is fine i washed it because it was about 45 degrees here today....soo everything is a-ok

garyb900 12/17/05 02:36 PM

Glad to hear it turned out OK!

rap1977 12/17/05 02:57 PM

Originally posted by 94tbird@December 17, 2005, 2:29 PM
hot water freezes faster than cold water. Its why zamboni's use hot water to resurface the ice for hockey games.

Sorry but hot water does not freeze faster than cold water. It's just not true. Zamboni's use it so the water does not freezr too fast and can smooth out the ice.

GRAYPNY 12/17/05 03:03 PM

Mean people suck!

HastaLaVista 12/17/05 03:09 PM

Originally posted by rap1977@December 17, 2005, 5:00 PM
Sorry but hot water does not freeze faster than cold water. It's just not true. Zamboni's use it so the water does not freezr too fast and can smooth out the ice.

There are certain conditions where appreciably hotter water will freeze faster than colder water. But in general, no.

94tbird 12/17/05 08:03 PM

hot water can and will freeze faster than cold water because the molecues are moving in a faster state and thus are further apart which makes it easier for the molecules to chage from one state to another whereas cold water the molecules are moving slower thus takes longer for them to change state. google it. although they should both freeze the same, if the condition is when he sprays water at the car and it freezes immediately then hot water would freeze faster than cold water.

Enfynet 12/18/05 02:02 AM

Or you can just not risk using hot water in cold weather so you don't crack and glass too. :nice:

94tbird 12/18/05 10:12 AM

i washed my car at 11:30pm last night in my driveway it was 32 degrees outside. the water dripped off the car fine but froze to the driveway so i might as well have ice skated around the car to wash it haha

firststang 12/18/05 02:05 PM

The hot water in the zamboni melts momentarily the first layer of ice and tends then to give a smoother surface which is the reason for using it.

94tbird 12/18/05 08:25 PM

actually it melts the second layer as the first top layer is cut with the big blade in front of the water but lets get back on topic.

Boltzman 12/18/05 09:39 PM

Originally posted by 94tbird@December 18, 2005, 11:28 PM
actually it melts the second layer as the first top layer is cut with the big blade in front of the water but lets get back on topic.

sorry.it was my question that got us off topic :( .I did learn about science though. :D
seriously though,if it was baby powder Greg should be fine.!

RaGsHoCkEy88 12/19/05 09:31 AM

lol...well i did wash the car but its still a mess cuz i did like a 50% wash...only one side of the car. soo next week sometime we'll be back at the car wash. im just glad the salt and all that garbage is off cuz it was really bugging me. i think i found out who did it too!!!!!!!!! what should i do back!?!?