The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Saw an '05 V6 in Birmingham, AL! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/saw-05-v6-birmingham-al-391098/)

chocophile 9/28/04 06:00 PM

Hey guys and gals!

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I was on my way home yesterday, and saw a white 05 V6 on a car carrier. This was the first time I've seen one in person. Sorry I don't have pictures. It was on the interstate, and I was on the overpass, so I couldn't give chase.

It was a smaller carrier, more like used car lots use. There were 2-3 other vehicles on it, all obviously used.

Could it be a used car dealer was transporting it to their lot as an attention getter? The first MINI I saw was on a used car lot...

EleanorsMine 9/28/04 06:04 PM

:censored: :censored: :censored: I was out looking too. BLAST the interstate.
BTW: :pics:

chocophile 9/28/04 07:00 PM

Hey, EleanorsMine. I live in Alabaster, too! I have to admit I've been driving by Ernest McCarty a little slower than usual the past couple days...

lodom 9/28/04 08:32 PM

There's nothing quite like your first time.

Scothew 9/28/04 08:37 PM

Welcome to the board. I'm in hoover :)

I think tomm evening I'm gonna run by a few of our local Ford Dealers and check their stock :)

EleanorsMine 9/28/04 09:23 PM

Originally posted by chocophile@September 28, 2004, 8:03 PM
Hey, EleanorsMine. I live in Alabaster, too! I have to admit I've been driving by Ernest McCarty a little slower than usual the past couple days...
I have been stalking it out daily. My husband is covering Long Lewis for me.
I am SO sick of those two out front- I want a magic wand to change them into 5s.

EleanorsMine 9/28/04 09:32 PM

All right
Let's organize..

I have Ernest Mccarty covered.
My mother has Moore Stewart in Selma covered for me
Someone take Long Lewis- you Scott cause you are in Hoover.

We need people to stake out:
Adamson
Long Lewis
Maloy
Ronnie Watkins
Jim Skinner
Townsend(I hate these people)
Town & Country
Mckinnon
Picklesimer & Limbaugh
Pell City

EleanorsMine 9/28/04 09:39 PM

Just to twist the knife....

Where on 65 was it?

Scothew 9/28/04 09:41 PM

I should be able to handle that :) I'll try to swing by T&C as well :)

EleanorsMine 9/29/04 04:57 AM

Excellent.

I doubt Ernest Mc slimy is going to have one- they still have a ton of 04s but I am off to there around lunch today to see if things have changed.

Don't go on that lot, its like stepping on a pee ant bed- they POUR out at you, card in hand for their creepy handshakes.

Come on, theres more than 3 of us in Bammy........Still dealers to be staked out.

drckiss 9/29/04 05:41 AM

Im staking out Friendly ford in Montgomery and Gilmore Ford in Prattville.

chocophile 9/29/04 08:24 AM

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@September 28, 2004, 9:42 PM
Where on 65 was it?
It was on 65 North at the Lakeshore exit. I was crossing the overpass heading to the southbound on ramp. No way I could have pulled a bat turn and chased him down in rush hour traffic. :bang:

EleanorsMine 9/29/04 08:27 AM

allright-
My plan is in place.
I am calling from top to bottom again, right now.
Still waiting on emails
Have husband out looking
No email replies yet- and I ventured out into Long Island this morning(I can travel)

EleanorsMine 9/29/04 08:29 AM

Originally posted by chocophile+September 29, 2004, 9:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chocophile @ September 29, 2004, 9:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@September 28, 2004, 9:42 PM
Where on 65 was it?
It was on 65 North at the Lakeshore exit. I was crossing the overpass heading to the southbound on ramp. No way I could have pulled a bat turn and chased him down in rush hour traffic. :bang: [/b][/quote]
Pee!
I never venture above 31 by Marks!

Logic tells me where there's some, there's more.
Going south? Long Lewis perhaps?
Or hooking a right for Town and Country?
Or south to Pelham for Ernest mcslimy?

That is it, I am ducking out early today!

stock01gt 9/29/04 09:30 AM

I'll cover Woody Anderson in Huntsville

stock01gt 9/29/04 12:12 PM

Nothing on the north end of the state. I did a recon mission at Woody Anderson during lunch today. nada.

EleanorsMine 9/29/04 12:17 PM

Nothing in the center... :(
I did recon at lunchtime.

I have Central Long Island and Orlando Florida covered as well- nada so far. My buddy works across the street from the ford dealer in Patchogue NY- nada either.

wrb 9/29/04 12:30 PM

I have a salesman that's going to call my mobile # when an 05 shows up @ Woddy Anderson Ford here in the north of AL.

dcanterbury 9/29/04 12:36 PM

First time poster!!!

I just wanted to add that my cousin is a dealer at Long-Lewis in Birmingham and he is going to call me as soon as they get on the lot. I'll post when he calls!

Scothew 9/29/04 12:37 PM

Welcome to the board. I guess I dont have to swing by LL now :P