2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Question for members

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/04, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First let me start off by saying that I have been a long time viewer of the forums, and I consider all of you apart of my mustang family, so I hope that you guys and gals can give me alittle insight on some things. Forgive me if this is alittle long, and I know I have seen part of these questions in other topics but for some odd chance I can't find them again. I remember seeing a gentleman on here that was able to find out some dates of production if you had a vin number. Well I was able to get mine and was wondering if he might be so kind to get some information for me in his spare time? It is 1ZVFT82H855127671. Second my question is about Fords AZ and X-plan. In my area, I have some dealers that are marking up the 05 mustangs $3000 over MRSP and not accepting any Ford plans on these models. Now I know all the business point of view about supply and demand, and to a point can understand about maybe the X-Plan. But if you have an employee that wants to by one or an retire person or family member that wants to buy one why don't they accept it? And how come they can accept the plans on other models and not every model? Doe's Ford have some kind of guidelines for these plans? I have some many questions but not enough space :bang: Any help would be greatly helpfull! Thanks for listening.
Old 10/31/04, 10:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not sure about the VIN and build date but the not allowing plans part concerns me... It just doesn't seem right. If I were you, I'd call in to Ford Customer Service or something and question them on this. Looks fishy if you ask me. Hope I could help
Old 10/31/04, 11:04 AM
Bullitt Member

It seems that dealers are marking up the Mustangs they have IN STOCK, but if you order one, you can get a normal deal. Just call up dealers in your area and ask if they are willing to accept the X-plan.

I have X-plan, and I called up a couple of dealers in Atlanta last week to see if they'll accept it. One said no, but one said sure.
Old 10/31/04, 11:11 AM
Cobra Member

I do believe, but don't quote me on this that if a dealer offers any car on a letter plan, they must sell all their cars (except GTs, Aston Martins, etc) on a letter plan...

I would call the local Ford rep to ask about this....
Old 10/31/04, 11:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ok guys. My mom works for a factory that makes the motors & seat tracks for Ford, Honda, & BMW. So, she therefore is eligible for X-Plan & we've used it twicel. I asked her & she said that if you work for a place that is eligible for X-Plan the the dealer HAS to honor it. She said for you guys to call the Ford Customer Service Relationship Center & tell the that the dealer IS NOT accepting your plans & give them the name & location of the dealership & the dealer could be in major trouble.

I hope that helps you guys. Good luck.
Old 10/31/04, 11:18 AM
V6 Member

The dealer does not have to honor any plan, A for employees, Z for retirees, or X for suppliers. PERIOD. All the dealers near me have this posted in their showrooms. I live near 2 major Ford plants so there are a large number of eligible plan people around here.
Old 10/31/04, 11:20 AM
Cobra Member

Yes, I believe that a dealer does not have to honor a plan, but if it does...it must honor it on all cars...

Just call the Ford Customer Service Relationship Center and ask...
Old 10/31/04, 11:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah well. I would still call MI & tell them about the situation. And then I would defiently express my disappointment with the dealer to the dealer. And maybe even in the local newspaper. But believe me. When I was done with the dealer they would be begging me to accept their offer for my XPlan.

But that's just me.
Old 10/31/04, 11:23 AM

Thanks for all the comments so far guys. It helps out a great deal. Heres another question. When I ordered my car they didn't ask me if it was going to be on a plan or not, and from my other cars that I have bought from Ford they have always honored it, and I have bought 7 cars from Ford (I bleed Ford Blue). Anyways, I have a Father-In-law that is retired from Ford and he told me that he could get me the Z-plan. This was great news for me. When I asked the dealer about this after I found out, they said that they are not accepting any plans now but we will have to wait till your car comes in and see if they will be doing them then. He said I didn't order it on a plan so I couldn't get it. I told him that if I needed to reorder it to get it on the plan then we needed to do that. He said lets just wait and see when you car comes in. I really like this dealer as this person has always been upfront with me and honest, which goes along way with me, as the other dealer that I have bought 4 cars from before are marking it up and not accepting any plans. I'm so confussed. I just have always thought that if you have a family member that works or worked for Ford that you could get the plans.....Arrrrrrhhhhhh :bang:
Old 10/31/04, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

The car doen't have to be ordered under the plan. You go to almost any dealership & look at say a Escape that's already on the lot & then ask what plan price is on that car. And they can go get the numbers & tell you. And you didn't order that vehicle, it was already sitting on the lot.

We purchased my 03 Mustang & my mom's 03 Ranger both under X-Plan & they both were already sitting on the lot. We didn't order them. So that again sounds like a bunch of bull. Again when/if you call MI ask them about this also.

It sounds like the dealers are trying to jack us around & they think we are stupid enough to fall for it. I don't know about you guys but I for 1 work too hard for what little money I do have. And I am not about to help fatten the dealers pockets. They make enough as it is.
Old 10/31/04, 12:54 PM
Queen Of Nascar

I don't know the answer to your question, just wanted to say Welcome and Good Luck with your order.
Old 10/31/04, 12:59 PM
V6 Member

When my local dealer got their first Mustang, which was a GT, he told me they were not advertising a price because they were trying to get top dollar for it. They now have 2 GT's and 2 V-6's on the lot, the GT"s have stickers which state these vehicles not for sale, the V-6's have regular window stickers. The dealer did tell me that they would accept plan pricing somewhere around Christmas or I could order one under x-plan. When I visited another dealer in another town they had a V-6 which had a clear dealer mark up of $1500. Wow talk about price gourging.
Old 10/31/04, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally posted by FrankBullitt05@October 31, 2004, 2:23 PM
Yes, I believe that a dealer does not have to honor a plan, but if it does...it must honor it on all cars...

You are incorrect. A dealer may choose whether or not to accept a plan at its descrition. Period, end of story.

The way it is mostly working right now on 05s is if you factory order a car, you can get your plan, but if its already on the lot, you won't get it.
Old 10/31/04, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Some dealers honor plans ,some don`t. It all depends on there allocation, or how many cars they can get. The bigger dealers that get a lot of cars tend to honor them more than dealers with less cars available to them
Old 10/31/04, 02:54 PM

The Biggest dealer in our state is the one that is marking up $3000 on MRSP and not taking any plans. I thought the same thing. This is the same dealer that I bought my last 4 cars from. It was the smaller dealer that don't have that many that was selling them for MSRP and no plans.
Old 10/31/04, 03:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale+October 31, 2004, 2:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ October 31, 2004, 2:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FrankBullitt05@October 31, 2004, 2:23 PM

You are incorrect. A dealer may choose whether or not to accept a plan at its descrition. Period, end of story.

The way it is mostly working right now on 05s is if you factory order a car, you can get your plan, but if its already on the lot, you won't get it. [/b][/quote]
Grantsdale, I have heard that from family members, but I can't find any documentation to back it up...so I submit :worship: