2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Pfft American cars...

Search this Thread

Old 11/26/04, 01:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by SToNER@November 26, 2004, 2:36 AM
In reply to 2MustangJohn:

This time look at it then tell me I am an idiot. ;)
Old 11/26/04, 01:37 AM
Banned

Like I said though Ford lovers will defend the Fords with there life, after all, if I payed my hard working money for a turd I would want to atleast look a little smart.
Old 11/26/04, 01:40 AM
Banned

Thats right... no response... I would do the same, don't feel bad.

... I am OUTA HERE!
Old 11/26/04, 01:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Your username fits you well as you must be too burnt with the crap you spewed.

My fiance 93 5.0 LTD edtion has ran perfectly since it was made. The original/previous owner is a good friend of mine so we have all paper regarding maintenance. You know what? Not a darn thing went wrong. The only thing that was a problem was from the alternator. It went out once and the replacement was incorrectly installed so we had to take it back in to get fixed. Other than that, NOTHING. After 112,000 miles, not a single engine problem exists
Old 11/26/04, 01:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Dude, I sent you a PM!!BTW, You never replied to any of my remarks!!
Old 11/26/04, 01:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

You know, maybe we should keep this a free site but make all newbies take a "Test Your Mustang Knowledge" quiz!!!
Old 11/26/04, 01:51 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

OK, I'm from Europe, so I know few things about European cars. Yeah, Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Porsche are nice cars ... and really expensive.

What about average cars, like VW, Peugot, Renault, Fiat, Opel? Friend of mine bought brand new VW GTI with 180 hp few years ago. After 3 weeks transmission died.

Japanese cars have best quality, but they're so boring to drive. My mom have Camry, and I would rather walk than drive that car.

By the way, you didn't mentioned that Honda recently recalled over 260,000 Accords. Accords with V6 engine have big problems and they have more recallas than any other comapny in the United States.

I owned my Mustang since 2001. I did had one problem with it, but it had nothing to do with engine. Problem was with theft system (I don't know who and why activated it).
Old 11/26/04, 02:06 AM
Bullitt Member

This guy is so full of crap and false facts it's astounding you guys even waste the energy of typing a reply to him. Nothing he says is relevant, or even correct for that matter. He does not know how European cars are made and assembled, and he does not know how American cars are made.
Old 11/26/04, 02:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SToNER@November 26, 2004, 3:20 AM
... Why don't you just go with the Benz C-Class, for about the same price you can get a Benz, now common I would rather be riding in a European car then an American car any day, and this is coming from a guy that was born in Southern California.

I definitely would get the Benz C-Class. If only it LOOKED exactly like the 2005 Mustang. B)
Old 11/26/04, 03:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

B) B) Hmmmmm .... Had to step in here
:bang: I'm an engineer who has worked in the Military, Aerospace and Automotive MANUFACTURING industry for over 30 years. Lived and traveled most of the free world; currently residing in SoCal.
I've owned Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Cadillac, Chrysler, Porsche, Jaguar, BMW, VW, MG, Mercedes and Toyota not to mention the Harley, Honda, BSA and Kawasaki motorcycles over the years. Some were new, some were restoration projects; almost all were/are fun. American toys were much more gratifying, affordable and reliable than the majority of the others, especially European made, not to mention the Nostalgia and recognition factor of American iron. I think I can speak with some authority ....
SToNER must be stoned
His facts are wrong or misrepresented opinions not based on factual evidence. Believes M. Moore films are relevant historical information. Obviously has no concept of the TPS process most auto manufacturers and successful aerospace manufacturers are emulating. Clueless on how modern manufacturing is done, much less WHERE it is performed.
Just my 0.02
Old 11/26/04, 03:17 AM

Stoner,

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. I have lived in Germany for the last 15 years. I have been inside the Porsche factory (if you are going to try to use Porsche to support your argument you could at least spell it correctly), Mercedes Benz, VW, and BMW plants. None of these cars are "hand built". They all (without exception) use sophisticated robotics to assemble these cars. There are a lot of "humans" involved in the assembly process but to suggest they are "hand built" is silly on your part. As far as quality goes...you have got to be kidding. Mercedes Benz (MB) is having HUGE quality issues and have been for several years. I live in a neigborhood that is largely populated by MB employees and they speak often about the quality issues. And guess what make of car a lot of them have parked in their garages.....Fords and Opels. I have owned three Porsches since I have lived over here...a Carrera, a Carrera 4S, and a Boxter S...all of them a dream to drive and great cars..but they were expensive to keep up and guess what...I had several warranty issues with all three of them. The new Cayenne (a $70,000 and up SUV) has had so many recalls that it is hard to keep up with them. My wife prefers American cars and she likes the Mustang. She has owned 99 V6, a 2002 GT, and is awaiting her new 2005 GT. I sold her first Mustang (it had 72,000 miles on it) to a German. Other than routine maintenance it never (slept) in the shop. Zero warranty work. The GT had to have the rear brake pads replaced and I just sold it (with 47,000 miles) to another German. The bottom line here is that you of course are entitled to your opinion...it is just that it seems your opinions are not based on facts as almost everything you have said about European cars is simply not true. If you want to own a European car then please do so in good health...but one has to wonder what your true motivation is for going to a Mustang enthusiast web site and attempting to spread such...how can I put this nicely...bovine feces.... I am sure you will have some feable attempt at a response to this, but I will not waste anymore time reading or responding to your nonsense.
Old 11/26/04, 03:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow!! Talk about painting yourself with blood and jumping in a shark tank!

Let me be the first to call you a stupid moron, Stoner. The only thing worse than your misspelling are your erroneous facts.

Let’s break it down, shall we, troll?

American cars are known to break down, and the name Ford is nothing special. Why don't you just go with the Benz C-Class, for about the same price you can get a Benz, now common I would rather be riding in a European car then an American car any day, and this is coming from a guy that was born in Southern California.
Mercedes’ reputation has all but disintegrated in recent years. If you doubt this, look at the recent problems the E-Class has had with its electrical system…or the recalls they’ve suffered over their “advanced†breaking system.

European cars are carefully hand made and expected for excellency before each car leaves the factory, they are known for quality The Benz, BMW and Ferrari are just a few of the cars they have.
Most European cars are most definitely NOT hand made, troll! And Ferrari’s are ALWAYS in the shop for tune-ups or repairs.

Here are the best types of cars to get in there category:
Asian cars: They will last FOREVER, literally, my mother and father both got a 1986 Camry (NEW) and they ended up selling them without a single problem. And something else to consider is that Asian cars have an EXCELENT resale value.
Forever, huh? Yeah, Japanese cars are well made, reasonably reliable and have good resale…I ought to know I’ve owned them - among other things. But then you look at the recent recalls Infiniti had with the G35…Honda’s had for the Accord…and the fires in CRVs, and you say to yourself: hmmm. Oh, and by the way: “there category†is spelled, “their.â€

world, no Asian or American car companies name comes close to any European car, not one. The repairs are expensive since few repair shops are needed that specialize in repairing European cars since they almost never break down. You will find European car companies are very generous to give free things standard like leather seats (in fact, ALL European car models have standard leather seats) and you don't have to pay extra for automatic.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! NEVER break down, huh? Audi has one of the worst reliability ratings in the industry. Electrical problems ALL THE TIME.

Hey troll, explain to me why a $63K (CDN) BMW 535 comes standard with PLASTIC SEATS! Tell me why I CAN’T EVEN ORDER leather seats in the new Mini (made by BMW).

Then read this and weep: http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/roadtests/r....roadtests.1g.*

C’mon, Stoner, take me on if you think you've got the "stones." Otherwise, **** off before someone here knocks you down and makes you cry.

That's right, folks, I’m declaring open @#$&ing season on trolls!! Sick of 'em.

Old 11/26/04, 03:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

One word: TROLL
Old 11/26/04, 03:30 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Regular service and parts prices for euro cars are insane. A friend of mine has a BMW 3 Series and his 45,000 service prices was almost 3 times the price of mine for my Mustang. Has anyone else seen this? My saying, "I'd rather pay Bob to work on my car then Hans". His BMW has had problems but overall it's a nice car. Pricey though.
Old 11/26/04, 04:17 AM
dke
Bullitt Member

Don't feed the trolls; ignore them. There are a couple of remotely valid points so overstated by stoner as to be completely clueless. (It's like watching a John Kerry speech). The guy is a self stated stoner and troll; don't feed it.

As was mentioned; many cars are built globally now days; so generalizations don't work well. Cars are from everywhere. What is mare american a Chrysler with 70% of it's parts coming from overseas, or a BMW or Honda assembled in the U.S. with 60% coming from overseas? Hard to say, and who should really care? Buy good cars, and they all help Americans -- some slightly more than others, but that's not really our concern -- just the quality of the car (and it's ability to meet our needs).

I agree that some foreign services are more. My M3 is a nice car. But then so is the Mustang and the 500 and so on. I tend to pay more in service, because there are fewer parts and fewer repair places. So you pay for the exclusivity of the club you belong to (and the size of the market in your area). Whatever.

Buy a car you like, whoever makes it, and get over brand crap. I didn't buy an M3 because I needed a label -- I bought it because I drove it, and it was a fantastic car. The same for the new Mustang, or many little rice cars. They all do certain things well, just find one that fits what you want to own, and be happy with it.
Old 11/26/04, 04:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by dke@November 26, 2004, 5:20 AM
Don't feed the trolls; ignore them.
Sorry, dke, but this is one troll that just rubbed me the wrong way because of how obviously blatant he was.

I want to feed him...I'm looking forward to feeding him...can't wait to feed him, in fact.

Feed him to the lions, that is. :angry:

My guess is he'd have to grow a set of ***** first, though. Hear me, "Stoner"?

Maybe I'm just grumpy this morning. B)
Old 11/26/04, 04:50 AM
Bullitt Member

>>>European cars are carefully hand made

WHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

SToNER that by far the dumbest posting I have ever read on this forum.

If you really think that what you are writing is true than I would seriously invite the moderator of this forum to ban you from any further posting.

I agree that Ford doesn't have the best quality rep in the business but the generalizations you are making on Fords compared to other brands and the ideas you have on how European cars are being produced and where they are produced cleerly prove you have no clue about the 21st century global automotive industy.

I'm not proclaiming myself to be an expert and I always value and respect other peoples opinions, but what you are writing is first class nonsense. This forum is for people who share a mutual interest in the new Mustang. Please take your crap somewhere else, for I think nobody here is interested in the first place.
Old 11/26/04, 05:08 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Stoner.........From a European, On reliability issues, can you say ALFA ROMEO????? Owners resign themselves to the fact that they will get to their destination on the back of a tow truck 10% of the time. My Brother had a Spider, owned it for 6 months, it was in the shop for 7 weeks.....he handed it back to the dealer and demanded his money back.......... Mercedes 'M' Class, voted WORST CAR in a customer satisfaction survey (Top Gear Magazine, Nov 2004)

Get back to your normal forums you simpering little get, and leave the real petrolheads to their (correct seplling) own.

BUH-BYE
Old 11/26/04, 05:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is all a matter of personal preference. Just look at all the debates on this site over color, stripes, scoops, wheels, etc. All viewpoints are equally valid.

Ever try to break up a Ford / Mopar / Chevy arguement?

The problem begins when one person ridicules another because he/she does not see things the same way. And lets add some insult to injury by twisting facts - that always helps.

And if Mr. SToNER thinks a Mustang looks like a Pinto, then so be it. He may very well think Janet Reno is a hottie too...
Old 11/26/04, 05:44 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by SToNER@November 26, 2004, 1:20 AM
Why don't you just go with the Benz C-Class, for about the same price you can get a Benz
The Benz C-Class, which starts at $2000 more than the 2005 Mustang GT, has 189 horsepower--about HALF what the Mustang has. And Mercedez has fallen below industry average for reliability.

Quick Reply: Pfft American cars...