2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Parchment seat + Vert question

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/06, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Parchment seat + Vert question

Working on my '07 Windveil Blue order sheet and have a question to the vert owners in the audience w/parchment interiors...how difficult has it been keeping the interior clean? Do cloth seats pose a greater challenge than leather in this color? I've owned a '96 GT w/a tan leather interior for 10 years now and other than some issues in the footwell with the mats, keeping it clean has not been hard (ditto w/the leather seats). My wife, OTOH, is no great fan of leather and is pushing for cloth. Thanks!

Will
'96 Pacific Green GT

P.S. Yes, it will have heated seats -- with all the titanium harware in my back (courtesy all those carrier landings) I've found heated seats have a great theraputic effect even in summer
Old 6/24/06, 03:07 PM
Bullitt Member

The tan interior is probably going to get dirty, especially in a vert, and the cloth obviously won't be as easy to clean. Also, I don't think you can get factory heated seats with cloth interior, although you could have aftermarket heaters installed. I considered cloth for my vert too (in dark charcoal though, not tan) but after looking a few Mustang rental cars with several thousand miles on them I didn't like the way the cloth was holding up. On the ones I saw, the cloth was stretched, loose, and puckered in the butt area.
Old 6/24/06, 04:54 PM

My last vert was charcoal...I now have parchment. I like the parchment better as it is cooler and it doesn't show the dust nearly as much.
Old 6/24/06, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cloth seats in a vert just don't hold up. Cloth fades way more than the leather will. My 99 GT had the tan interior and top. The top developed a couple dark spots near the bows, which I could never fully clean.
My 90 Miata had a black cloth interior. By the end of the first year, you could tell it ahd started to fade.
Old 6/24/06, 07:59 PM
FR500 Member

i have some good news though...ive used the new armoral leather care gel on my red leather and it cleans like nothing ive ever used!! but dont let the wife swing u one way...the leather is the way to go no questions asked
Old 6/24/06, 09:04 PM
Cobra Member

P.S. Yes, it will have heated seats -- with all the titanium harware in my back (courtesy all those carrier landings) I've found heated seats have a great theraputic effect even in summer [/quote]

I am going on my 4th GT vert. All have been leather as it is a lot easier to keep clean in my opinion.

Off the subject, I worked Departure and Marshall in CATTC on the Ranger on two Gulf of Tonkin cruises; also worked Patuxent Approach. I was fortunate enough to make a couple cat launches and traps myself. What did you fly? And by the way thanks for your service. Naval Aviation is the best!
Old 6/25/06, 12:10 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ISELLFORD
P.S. Yes, it will have heated seats -- with all the titanium harware in my back (courtesy all those carrier landings) I've found heated seats have a great theraputic effect even in summer
I am going on my 4th GT vert. All have been leather as it is a lot easier to keep clean in my opinion.

Off the subject, I worked Departure and Marshall in CATTC on the Ranger on two Gulf of Tonkin cruises; also worked Patuxent Approach. I was fortunate enough to make a couple cat launches and traps myself. What did you fly? And by the way thanks for your service. Naval Aviation is the best!
If you worked PAX approach we undoubtedly talked at one time or another -- flew Hawkeyes out of Norfolk. Deployed on IKE, JFK, CSEA and have traps on Forrestal, Indy, Sara Maru, America, Nimitz, Vinson, TR, Enterprise and Washington. None on Ranger though one of my airwing fighters once landed on Ranger by mistake (IO, 1980) -- was a VF-143 bird...the knuckleheads

- Will