2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Painted Fanblades

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/08, 04:39 PM
Len
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Painted Fanblades

Long time lurker finally making the plunge. I will be finalizing my order for a GT this weekend but have a question concerning the 18 inch premium wheels. In the catalog they're shown plain silver. The majority of pictures I've seen in this forum show the same with a couple of exceptions. Today I went to several dealerships to check out colors and wheels and saw a few painted grey - I didn't see any plain. Is this something new? I intended to order those wheels but doubt I will if they're all coming thru in that color. The window sticker didn't indicate it was a special order. So my question is - has Ford replace the plain with painted and, if not, how do I get the ones I want?
Old 2/14/08, 04:49 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the revised version for '08 (I believe) ... the "centers" are darker grey.
I made them take those off my 08 for polished bullets, both looked good on the black car though. They put them on a gray car, matched perfectly.g

Last edited by Okiewan; 12/12/14 at 09:47 AM.
Old 2/14/08, 05:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Len
Long time lurker finally making the plunge. I will be finalizing my order for a GT this weekend but have a question concerning the 18 inch premium wheels. In the catalog they're shown plain silver. The majority of pictures I've seen in this forum show the same with a couple of exceptions. Today I went to several dealerships to check out colors and wheels and saw a few painted grey - I didn't see any plain. Is this something new? I intended to order those wheels but doubt I will if they're all coming thru in that color. The window sticker didn't indicate it was a special order. So my question is - has Ford replace the plain with painted and, if not, how do I get the ones I want?
You could trade me for the silver centered fanblades I have.I like the revised darker wheels.
Old 2/14/08, 06:43 PM
Len
GT Member

Originally Posted by Okiewan
That's the revised version for '08 (I believe) ... the "centers" are darker grey.
I made them take those off my 08 for polished bullets, both looked good on the black car though. They put them on a gray car, matched perfectly.
Thanks for the info. Not sure if they'd look good with Vista Blue.
Old 2/14/08, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Len
Thanks for the info. Not sure if they'd look good with Vista Blue.
I just saw a blue car with the 18" polished aluminum bullits and it looked FANTASTIC. If you are sticking with the stock wheels, you gotta get those. Say no to fanblades.
Old 2/15/08, 04:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

+1 to no fanblades. Try and upgrade to polished wheels
Old 2/15/08, 04:50 AM
GT Member

Here are mine. You can't get clear Fanblades on a 08. I even didn't know that they will be colored.

Hope this helps in decision-making.
Old 2/15/08, 10:28 AM

The new 18" fanblades with the painted centers do look a bit better on darkers cars, IMO. I initially ordered my 08 Alloy GT wanting the older fanblades but soon realized that for 08 the rims had changed and was hesitant about the new ones. The dealer told me that they couldn't change to the older ones after my order had been placed but would work with me when my car came in if I didn't like them. When my car came in, I really liked the look and decided to keep them. Here's a pic for reference.
Attached Thumbnails Painted Fanblades-080114_132527.jpg  
Old 2/15/08, 10:54 AM
GT Member

Yes, i completely agree. Alloy is a perfect color for the 08 fanblades. Very nice! I was a little bit dissapointed since I wanted the white ones to make better contrast to my color. Now I'll order 20" chrome or silver...that will be contrast.
Old 2/15/08, 03:09 PM

I like those fanbaldes alot. It would look good on Tungsten
Old 2/15/08, 03:34 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I really like the darker centers alot, and had thought either of getting them painted or using vinyl as a quick way of doing it. The '07 fanblades, by the way, are painted in the center too, just a light silver metalic. Where you see the polished metal on the darker '08 rims is how they are on the '07 also. Just harder to tell the difference in pictures.
Old 2/15/08, 06:07 PM
Bullitt Member

The new 08 fanblades look awesome on Vapor, almost a exact match.
I origonally wanted pollished bullits, but the painted fan blades won me over quick. If they were only deep dish...
Old 2/16/08, 08:26 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Etnix
The new 08 fanblades look awesome on Vapor, almost a exact match.
I origonally wanted pollished bullits, but the painted fan blades won me over quick. If they were only deep dish...
The painted fanblades match my painted stripes.I would like to get a set.

Len,Congrats on getting a new Stang and welcome to the site!
Attached Thumbnails Painted Fanblades-hpim0284a.jpg  
Old 2/16/08, 03:57 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes, dark fanblades replaced the silver fanblades for '08. My '07 has the silver fanblades. While the dark fanblades look best on the darker colored cars, I still prefer the silver ones like I have on my Alloy Gray GT...
Attached Images   
Old 2/16/08, 04:14 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jayguy
I really like the darker centers alot, and had thought either of getting them painted or using vinyl as a quick way of doing it. The '07 fanblades, by the way, are painted in the center too, just a light silver metalic. Where you see the polished metal on the darker '08 rims is how they are on the '07 also. Just harder to tell the difference in pictures.
Ah thanks, that's interesting. I didn't know that though I had a lot of real life looks on 05-07 fanblades.
Old 2/16/08, 08:08 PM
Len
GT Member

Thanks for the info guys.
I was at the dealership today and saw a couple of GTs with the grey and I like the silver better so I'm scratching the fanblades. I'll either go with the 18" polished or the 17" Bright Machined Aluminum.
Here's my order so far

Vista Blue GT Premium
Black Charcoal
5 sp Manual
IUP with Satin Trim
Comfort package
Sirius
Spoiler Delete
18" Premium
According to Edmunds, dealer cost = $27,985 - not sure if that includes advertising. I have three dealers to chose from but have concentrated on only one. He gave me a price of $28,980 without incentives and without negotiating. I'll try to get him lower - any idea what the typical mark-up over their cost is? I realize it varies depending upon location.
Old 2/18/08, 01:01 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Len
Thanks for the info guys.
I was at the dealership today and saw a couple of GTs with the grey and I like the silver better so I'm scratching the fanblades. I'll either go with the 18" polished or the 17" Bright Machined Aluminum.
Here's my order so far

Vista Blue GT Premium
Black Charcoal
5 sp Manual
IUP with Satin Trim
Comfort package
Sirius
Spoiler Delete
18" Premium
According to Edmunds, dealer cost = $27,985 - not sure if that includes advertising. I have three dealers to chose from but have concentrated on only one. He gave me a price of $28,980 without incentives and without negotiating. I'll try to get him lower - any idea what the typical mark-up over their cost is? I realize it varies depending upon location.
Edmunds doesn't factor in fuel and advertising charges (FDAF), so add about $400 more (roughly). They don't factor it in as it varies by region. Sounds like your dealer is about $600 over invoice. The dealer I work for is $599 over invoice on a GT ($299 over invoice on a V6), so you're getting a decent deal. You may even find a better deal elsewhere (closer to invoice).
Old 2/18/08, 01:42 PM
Len
GT Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Edmunds doesn't factor in fuel and advertising charges (FDAF), so add about $400 more (roughly). They don't factor it in as it varies by region. Sounds like your dealer is about $600 over invoice. The dealer I work for is $599 over invoice on a GT ($299 over invoice on a V6), so you're getting a decent deal. You may even find a better deal elsewhere (closer to invoice).

I ordered the car today. I wasn't sure about the 18 inch wheels so I went with the 17" Bright Machined Aluminum figuring I can always upgrade later. Edmunds was $27,350 with the change and I ordered it today at $28,000. I'm glad this part is over.
Old 2/18/08, 11:48 PM
Bullitt Member

black fanblades ... do it
Old 2/19/08, 06:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Wheels in Accessory catalogue

Always wondered if you could order wheels in the Mustang accessory catolgue on a new vehicle as a replacement for the factory options, like the chrome 18" ones in the 2008 Mustang Accessory Catalogue (6R3Z-1007-A)
Attached Images

Quick Reply: Painted Fanblades