2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ordered my 07 Droptop Today...Yahoo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/06, 02:03 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, mine may be here pretty soon too then. I ordered it 06-09, the order went in a few days later and it was estimated to be delivered the 3rd week of July. I haven't bothered getting the VIN and calling it in, but I check with the salesman every once in a while and he said it's got a high priority and should still arrive this month. Mine is on order in Terrell, wouldn't that be a hoot if yours and mine arrived on the same train
Old 7/8/06, 02:06 PM
Cobra Member

I forgot to mention that I finally finished reading your Roadrunner restoration pages, that is just so cool! You're really doing it up right and it was a pleasure reading through the process. It's going to be stunning when it's done. You'll have to let me know when you show it somewhere, I'd love to stop by and see it.
Old 7/8/06, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

That would be cool if our cars were both on that train. I hope they unload soon, I want to drive my car!!!

Thanks for the kind words about my Road Runner and my website, I really appreciate it. I decided to make the website in hopes of helping others who may be going through the same process or ateast thinking about it. It can give folks some ideas of what to do, where to get parts, or whatever to make their resto easier.

I have a friend who is also restoring a 1970 Hemi Road Runner if you are interested. His name is Sandy and he lives in Florida, his website is www.sandysgarage.com if you want to take a look.

I hope to have my car back together later this year and I will be sure to email you and let you know her show schedule. I am hoping to be ready for the Fort Worth and Dallas indoor shows in 2007.

Thanks again and take care.

Bob
Old 7/9/06, 01:00 PM
Cobra Member

I'm anxious to see my '07 too, there's some debate over what the red PTP interior looks like so I'm not even sure what I'm getting yet!

Thanks for the link to Sandy's site, I got carried away reading through everything and was up to about 2 am His site is as fascinating as yours. It's really amazing what goes into a full restoration. He really started with nothing, that's a BIG project!! I did a "resto" on a '69 Cougar Eliminator many years ago, it was nice but nothing compared to what you guys are doing. Thanks for the offer on letting me know on your car, I'll PM you my email address.

Apologies for sending this thread OT for a moment longer, but since you're a Mopar guy you might be interested in knowing my boss's brother supposedly owns the last Hemi Cuda made. My boss isn't a car guy, so he doesn't know too much about it. He did know it was a coupe and he said it is immaculate, and that his brother has trailered it to various shows. Perhaps you've heard of him, his name is Sayers. He keeps the car in a hangar with his plane.