2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ordered my 07 Droptop Today...Yahoo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/06, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Ordered my 07 Droptop Today...Yahoo!!!

I finally ordered my new Stang today and I already can't wait for it to arrive. I got the X-Plan pricing and a great salesman to boot. I had to opt for the automatic trans since my wife has to be able to drive it and she hates manual. Oh well it is still a great car even if I can't bang the gears.

I already have about $3k in upgrades I want to do when she arrives. I have this problem everytime I get something new. I just can't leave them stock.

2007 Mustang GT Convertible
Redfire Clearcoat Metallic
Black/Parchment Interior
Black Top
Automatic
18" Fanblades
Spoiler Delete
Shaker 1000
Convertible Soft Boot
IUP w/Charcoal Panel
Premier Trim Package
Comfort Group
Front Seat Mounted Airbags
Active Anti-Theft System
Locking Lugnuts
Chrome Exhaust Tips
Old 6/10/06, 07:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

congrats on your order and welcome to the best Mustang site on the web.
Old 6/10/06, 07:24 PM
Bullitt Member

BeBeep,

Congrats on your order. You picked a great color!!!
Old 6/11/06, 07:34 AM
GT Member

Exhaust Tips Question

Were you able to order it with just the exhaust tips; and not the hood scoop and the engine cover which is part of the same package?

Will your tips be welded on? or dealer installed as a bolt-on?

Thanks.
Old 6/11/06, 07:55 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats
Old 6/11/06, 04:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mail906
Were you able to order it with just the exhaust tips; and not the hood scoop and the engine cover which is part of the same package?

Will your tips be welded on? or dealer installed as a bolt-on?

Thanks.
Yes I was able to order it separately. I have no idea of how it will be attached. It is a factory option so I am assuming it is done there and not at the dealer. I really don't know for sure.

Bob
Old 6/11/06, 05:43 PM
Cobra Member

Attaboy!
Old 6/11/06, 07:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BeBeep
Yes I was able to order it separately. I have no idea of how it will be attached. It is a factory option so I am assuming it is done there and not at the dealer. I really don't know for sure.

Bob
The tips that come with the GT Appearance Package are installed at the factory. The ones that are sold separately are shipped to the dealer's parts department ahead of your car, and then they're installed by the dealership before the vehicle is delivered to you. I'm not sure if they're clamp on or welded on, but I would suspect that the dealer installed tips would be clamp on, and the ones I got as part of the Appearance Pkg would be welded. I'll post pics as soon as my car arrives. It's scheduled for build this week!
Old 6/11/06, 08:44 PM
V6 Member

I finally ordered my new Stang today
Congrats BeBeep, that's gonna be a beautiful Stang!!! I hope to get to the dealer soon and get my GT coupe ordered. I have a friend that works for Ford who was kind enough to offer me the X-plan, I have the PIN but I haven't called my local dealer yet to see if he will honor it. Hopefully he will and I won't have to look around for a participating dealership. Did your salesman give you an estimate on when you might get the car?
Old 6/12/06, 04:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by blownGT
Did your salesman give you an estimate on when you might get the car?
He told me it should arrive in August but I really don't expect it until September at the earliest. I hope he is right, the sooner the better.

Bob
Old 6/12/06, 05:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats on placing your order! Post some pics of your ragtop pony once she arrives.

EK
Old 6/30/06, 08:41 AM
Bullitt Member

I just wanted to update this thread. I called the automated line this morning and it said my Stang was released from the plant and ETA to dealer is 9 July. That is great news for me since the last ETA was 14 July. So I wonder does that mean it could be at the dealer the week of July 9 since July 9 is a Sunday?

Either way it is built and awaiting shipment!!

Bob
Old 6/30/06, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

New Drop-top Pony.

Congrats on getting your order in! We all look forward to seeing pics when it arrives. Until then, know that the rest of us drop-toppers are enjoying ours!

EK
Old 7/4/06, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Called VOPC today and the automated system said that as of July 1, my vehicle has left the factory via railcar!!! Yeah Baby!!! It also said arrival expected week of July 11.

It is almost here and I can't wait!!

Bob
Old 7/4/06, 08:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just wanted to update this thread. I called the automated line this morning and it said my Stang was released from the plant and ETA to dealer is 9 July. That is great news for me since the last ETA was 14 July. So I wonder does that mean it could be at the dealer the week of July 9 since July 9 is a Sunday?

Either way it is built and awaiting shipment!!

Bob
Wholly crap that was fast! More fodder that the autos get allocated first..
Old 7/5/06, 04:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
Exactly what I was thinking. Make sure you post pics when it arrives.

Chip
Old 7/5/06, 04:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
Yeah this has been a quick one, I think it has to do with both allocation and the fact that I ordered an automatic. I also have a great salesman who has worked for Ford for 35 years. Other than that I guess it could be just plain good luck because I have no Ford connections and nobody rushed it for me or anything. I guess it was a right place at the right time scenario.

Sorry you have not received yours yet but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be soon.

Bob
Old 7/5/06, 08:45 AM

Bob,
Let me know when you get your vert, I think mine should be delivered right around the same time. How did you get the VOPC to work every time I call the VOPC can not understand the VIN# ?
Old 7/5/06, 09:40 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Rotormd, you can use the order number if you don't have it. Or you can call the Customer Relations Center with you VIN, they can tell you what's up too, and tell you the order number if you don't have it.

By the way, BeBeep and I have been comparing, and we're about a day apart on everything, production date, released from factory date, railccar date, arrival date, etc. And my car is a Manual Trans. So some are getting through, it's not 100% automatics.

Anyone know how to find out the railcar number? I called CR and they don't know that info (at least he didn't know how to get it).
Old 7/8/06, 12:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Well my car has arrived by railcar in Mesquite, TX which is about 30 miles from my dealer. It will now be unloaded from the railcar and loaded onto a transport for delivery to the dealer. My salesman says that the car should be ready on Wednesday, man I sure hope so. I am so excited I can hardly stand myself.

Quick Reply: Ordered my 07 Droptop Today...Yahoo!!!