2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Newbie with a Gt on order

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/06, 06:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's all good Frank. I'm sorry I mentioned the price now, because this thread has taken a diferent direction than I intended. I can afford this car easy, and I'm excited about it. Nuf Said. Happy Holidays everyone, Carl
Old 12/15/06, 07:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crucut
It's all good Frank. I'm sorry I mentioned the price now, because this thread has taken a diferent direction than I intended. I can afford this car easy, and I'm excited about it. Nuf Said. Happy Holidays everyone, Carl
Hey Carl, don't worry what Frank is saying. You did fine on your deal. Like I said before, both parties were happy, you got a great discount, and the dealer made a small profit (not counting holdback people, salespeople don't see it) and your excited to the max! That is what I like to see. Its like when I go to local stores. I rather pay a little more to the local businesses, rather than saving a few bucks at the Megastore. Call me old fashioned, but I don't browbeat people down on things, and hopefully think they will reciprocate the favor when they want to order a car.

Oh, Frank, the average "fair deal" listed on most internet auto sites, is anywhere from $300 to $700 over invoice, depending on vehicle. In Carl's case, the salesman will get a little more than the flat pay, which if its like most places, when sold at invoice is only $75 BEFORE tax. Just to let you know
Old 12/15/06, 09:49 AM

Maybe I'm in an alternative universe here. I'll repeat this one more time. An X-Plan pin gets you your Mustang at slightly below invoice. No questions. In fact, the participating dealer must show you the invoice when he accepts an X-Plan purchase. X-Plan pins are free. They don't cost anything. Nada. Zip. Zero. Why anyone would not want to use this opportunity is right up there with turning down free money. The X-Plan negates any "fair deal". That's the whole point of it. It is a set price listed on the invoice for you and the dealer to see. Your cost is under invoice and most dealers participate in it, and in fact, welcome it. But, if your happy forking over an extra $500 bucks for no real purpose (except to make the dealer more money) more power to you. Sorry, I won't make these inane comments anymore. Now, I need to go and take an Advil, my head hurts trying to understand this.
Old 12/15/06, 10:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Congratulations Carl.....you're gonna love your new Stang when it arrives!
Old 12/15/06, 03:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Frank
Screwed with? What's the big deal about control over delivery? I told them what I wanted and they listened. Maybe it's because they're not dealing with another snot nosed kid (no offense), but a middle aged man - I don't know. They left all the shipping plastic on the vehicle as I requested and delivered it to my house for me because I was unable to make it over to the dealership. I signed the paperwork on my kitchen table. And, this was at invoice price plus rebates. This thread has me completely confused. I'm still shaking my head over it. The opportunity to purchase at invoice with an x-plan pin number and some here STILL rather give the dealership more money?
You let someone from the dealership drive it on the road !
Interesting point of view you have there.
I guess if I am a "snot nosed kid" you must be so old you are close to death and don't need any money, so what is the big deal?
The owner of the dealership has already given me so many thousands of dollars for the privilege of having me around, what's a few hundred.
Sorry if I confused you by treating salesmen and dealerships like people .
Old 12/15/06, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by karman
You let someone from the dealership drive it on the road !
Interesting point of view you have there.
I guess if I am a "snot nosed kid" you must be so old you are close to death and don't need any money, so what is the big deal?
The owner of the dealership has already given me so many thousands of dollars for the privilege of having me around, what's a few hundred.
Sorry if I confused you by treating salesmen and dealerships like people .
I have no idea what you just said and the funny thing is, I don't think you do either. Regardless, I'll let your reply speak for itself. Have a nice day.
Old 12/15/06, 07:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
This thread has me completely confused. I'm still shaking my head over it.
Maybe I'm in an alternative universe here. Now, I need to go and take an Advil, my head hurts trying to understand this.
Why am I not surprised you have no idea what I said.
You need to cut down on the Advil. Happy Holidays
Old 12/16/06, 06:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Frank, just out of curiosity, when the salesperson took the car you bought (at invoice granted) to your home, and delivered it to you, did you happen to give him a tip by any chance?
Old 12/16/06, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt

Frank, just out of curiosity, when the salesperson took the car you bought (at invoice granted) to your home, and delivered it to you, did you happen to give him a tip by any chance?
Why? The last time I checked, Ford was not hiring Waiters or Waitresses or hair dressers to sell cars (although your comment has me thinking otherwise now). I was unable to make it to the dealership. He was gracious enough to offer this to me. I accepted. It's why I went to him and not another local dealership (get it?). It's called great customer service and it is appreciated. I'll go back to him again next year for another car as well.
Old 12/16/06, 10:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Why? The last time I checked, Ford was not hiring Waiters or Waitresses or hair dressers to sell cars (although your comment has me thinking otherwise now). I was unable to make it to the dealership. He was gracious enough to offer this to me. I accepted. It's why I went to him and not another local dealership (get it?). It's called great customer service and it is appreciated. I'll go back to him again next year for another car as well.
Thats what I like to hear. A customer who appreciates good service, and will go back to the same salesperson again. I only asked the question, and you answered it graciously. Thank you. No worries dude!
Old 12/18/06, 08:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We don't need to hijack this guys post, he is excited there is nothing else to it, When I ordered my V6 back in late 2005 every V6 on every lot with in 25 miles of where I live was selling (yes selling, not sitting) for 3K over MSRP. Were these people stupid? Thats not for me to decide, if they were happy who cares? Some people would think I am foolish for paying 500 over invoice for my V6, but I was so excited to be getting a Mustang and for nowhere near what the others were selling for, that I could not have cared less. I went home happy and whats wrong with that?

Crucut welcome to the Mustang source! You will love your car and you will love it here! Great color by the way, here are some nana's for ya!