2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New GT 500 story

Search this Thread

Old 11/30/06, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The supercharger starts working after 5 CONSECUTIVE miles or 50 starts.
Old 11/30/06, 09:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Sandyman
How does it control the blower? Clutch engagement like an A/C compressor pulley?
Old 11/30/06, 10:49 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
If it does have some sort of Clutch engagement... it would be really nice to rig a switch to activate it. I mean if you are on a long trip or just going for groceries, you could switch off the supercharge and increase your MPG.

Yes i know you don't buy a car like this for MPG, but why not have your cake and eat it to. I know the Super Stallion concept car had a switch for the supercharger.
Old 11/30/06, 10:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by AWmustang
If it does have some sort of Clutch engagement... it would be really nice to rig a switch to activate it. I mean if you are on a long trip or just going for groceries, you could switch off the supercharge and increase your MPG.

Yes i know you don't buy a car like this for MPG, but why not have your cake and eat it to. I know the Super Stallion concept car had a switch for the supercharger.

You could also do your favorite re-enactment of Mad Max with a switch to activate the supercharger!!
Old 11/30/06, 11:14 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Sandyman
2007 SHELBY GT500 - LIMITED ENGINE/POWER SUPERCHARGER BOST AT DELIVERY
"THE 2007 SHELBY GT500 POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) STRATEGY CONTAINS A FEATURE TO LIMIT SUPERCHARGER BOOST PRESSURE FOR THE FIRST 5 CONSECUTIVE MILES OF VEHICLE OPERATION OR 50 ENGINE STARTS. THIS FEATURE IS ENABLED AT ASSEMBLY PRIOR TO SHIPMENT. IF NEITHER OF THIS CONDITIONS HAS BEEN SATIFIED PRIOR TO CUSTOMER DELIVERY, FULL POWER WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE".
Old 11/30/06, 11:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

So it sounds like it just prevents the RPMs from climbing high enough.
Old 11/30/06, 12:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
So it sounds like it just prevents the RPMs from climbing high enough.

No, it does just what it says. It limits boost. Nothing to do with RPM's.
Old 11/30/06, 12:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TexaStang
No, it does just what it says. It limits boost. Nothing to do with RPM's.
How does it do it? Does it access the blow-off valve?
Old 11/30/06, 12:35 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
How does it do it? Does it access the blow-off valve?
sounds like that to me... only way to limit boost and keep rpm would be to let out the excess.
Old 12/18/06, 07:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Mad Max Supercharger Engagement Device!!

You could also do your favorite re-enactment of Mad Max with a switch to activate the supercharger!!
I know you meant this as a joke but that's the first thing that popped in my mind...and IT WOULD BE AWESOME. I grew up watching that whole series (Mad Max is best)...I even noticed he was in a Mustang (73?). Sweet Lord that was a great scene! Almost as good as Vanishing Point.

Jay
Old 12/18/06, 12:03 PM
V6 Member

The roots blower would have a built in bypass valve to allow the air to loop back to the S/C intake for efficient cruising. This bypass would have to be closed by a solenoid to make boost.
Old 12/18/06, 06:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2006stang
Mark S--I have tried to buy 2 different GT's from them and they love to try to throw in a $3000-$5000 markup on everything they sell so no I have never done business with them and never will. My '07 is doing fine--300 miles since Sept. with no complaints. Since I don't live in the dealership showroom of the place I got mine from or have spy cameras on their property for 24 hour up to date info on their car care habits I have no idea how mine was treated and I am sure NO ONE else on here really knows how their car was treated before the sale at their dealership either. TexaStang and Gearhead--I agree totally with those statements. Tostang--You seem like you have a better grip on reality than most on here. I wasn't present when the crime against humanity...carmanity happened. Dad heard it from the guys nephew and I am sure he will razz the guy over it. He thought it was dumb to but I don't think he will need threapy being exposed to the knowledge of such a pure evil act. Maybe the nephew should have opened the door and dragged his feet and sacrifice his legs to keep the car under 55 but sadly for the defenseless Shelby but the coward didn't. So for the small percentage of you who post here who get emotioally upset and boiling mad over the treatment of a car that you will never be around or ever purchase get away from the computer for a while and get some fresh air. I am sure others reading all these post can point you out and will get a laugh out of you like I have and will continue to do so. Spend more time with your families and friends if they can stand to be around you. Buy a dog. Adopt a child so you can screw them up and then really have something to be upset about. Get some new hobbies because you obviously have too much time to kill. I see why alot of people don't bother posting on message boards wheather it is to help someone else or to relay a story or incident that relates to the hobby because that small percentage of people who need attention from somewhere in their life will always use a forum to get it because is a great safe place to criticize a total stranger infront of others to get that attention. Now you got it go and find the next thread to hijack and hop on your soapbox and beat you chest while the rest of us try to go about enjoying our hobbies and life in general in the real world.
What a cockydumbasshole!
Old 12/18/06, 09:58 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm with you 2006stang some people on here are tight asses, just trying to share a story and people get all crazy . I went to about six different dealerships before I bought my car and I test drove the crap out of a bunch of gt's, so did the salesman's.
Old 12/19/06, 05:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Lime05owner
I know you meant this as a joke but that's the first thing that popped in my mind...and IT WOULD BE AWESOME. I grew up watching that whole series (Mad Max is best)...I even noticed he was in a Mustang (73?). Sweet Lord that was a great scene! Almost as good as Vanishing Point.

Jay
He had a Falcon! Those are sweet cars and are still made in Australia to this day: 5.4L quad cam V8 with 348 hp (Falcon XR8) or 388 hp (FPV GT-P). There's an available turbocharged I6 that makes close to 330 hp. It comes standard with a 6 speed manual and has an optional ZF 6-speed automatic.

If you ask me, the best car to come into the US and replace the Crown Vic, Fusion, and 500 would be the Falcon. The Falcon could also compete against the 300 / Magnum / and Charger along with the Imapala V8 that is coming out soon.
Old 12/19/06, 02:34 PM

Did he get his license revoked?

"Sir, do you know how fast you were going?"
No idea, but the car is speed limited to 155 mph...
A line I actually used once when nabbed in an E-Type V12 one sunny Sunday morning:

"What were you doing going 85mph back there?"
"Slowing down."

Cop actually let me off with a warning, don't know whether he appreciated the honesty (I could tell he was bracing himself for a load of the usual BS excuses) or the just-waxed, burgundy-red Jag V12 convertible gleaming in the morning sunlight.
Old 12/19/06, 06:33 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
LOL, I remeber some guys did this when the Terminators came out and posted thier experience one the Mustangworks forum, to bad for the mechanics that the owner also posted on the very same forum.
Old 12/19/06, 09:11 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bob
LOL, I remeber some guys did this when the Terminators came out and posted thier experience one the Mustangworks forum, to bad for the mechanics that the owner also posted on the very same forum.