The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   NBC Nightly News Anchor Drives a GT (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/nbc-nightly-news-anchor-drives-gt-453226/)

Topnotch 6/5/07 10:23 PM

NBC Nightly News Anchor Drives a GT

http://www.esquire.com/features/road.../whyidrive0607

houtex 6/5/07 11:50 PM

Exactly.

I'm gonna order mine soon. I have waited long enough, and I'm gonna make it work. So there! :grin:

Thanks, Brian, for your little article. Just the impetus I need... well, that and a decent exterior color I can live with :metal: Yeah, babies, Dark Candy Apple Red. Close enough to Emberglo that I won't pass it up (second favorite color behind my fav.)

kevinb120 6/6/07 12:13 AM

He was on Conan tonight. :nice:

DarkFireGT 6/6/07 07:48 AM

I like him enough just watching him on Conan. Now I have even more respect for him.

GottaHaveIt 6/6/07 07:53 AM

Nice read to start off a day, lets hope that there are no bugs in his unit.

Cheese302 6/6/07 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by kevinb120 (Post 933248)
He was on Conan tonight. :nice:

oh man i would love to watch that. i love conans car passion as well. hes got an original SHO, love it. neat read, kinda funny that this news anchor drives the same car as me. thats awesome

GhostTX 6/6/07 09:29 AM

Well put. :metal:

DarkFireGT 6/6/07 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt (Post 933351)
Nice read to start off a day, lets hope that there are no bugs in his unit.

Why do you care about his unit? :jester:

Vermillion06 6/6/07 10:44 AM

Are there other celebrities who are S197 drivers?

onetorquedhorse 6/6/07 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Vermillion06 (Post 933442)

Pretty sure Jay Leno has one in redfire.

GottaHaveIt 6/6/07 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT (Post 933429)
Why do you care about his unit? :jester:

I don't but if less bugs in his and he's in a possition to talk about the Mustang it can only help it look a tad better , maybe drive up the price so we can't afford them yah know/

kevinb120 6/6/07 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by onetorquedhorse (Post 933472)
Pretty sure Jay Leno has one in redfire.

Its probably a no-brainer he has at least one and HAS to have at least one GT500. the dude has everything. The Mustang GT he drove to the show when they first came out was torch red.

Boltzman 6/6/07 04:11 PM

He says for now its a GT..wonder whats next:hmm:

DarkFireGT 6/6/07 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt (Post 933625)
I don't but if less bugs in his and he's in a possition to talk about the Mustang it can only help it look a tad better , maybe drive up the price so we can't afford them yah know/

I was trying to be funny. Guess you didn't get it. But I know what you meant, and agree.

kevinb120 6/6/07 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt (Post 933625)

Well in the 'real world' outside the forums they are virtually trouble free. They are rarely in for anything other then oil changes. Half the tech's here have never done a repair on one. I was talking about strut mounts to our lead master tech and he was like 'dude, I've never had to work on one yet-just oil changes'. The lead tech asks me about stuff on mine every now and then(cause he knows I troll the forums and the official mustang squirrel at the dealer), 'this one guy is complaining about a squeaky shifter boot, ever heard of it?' 90% of repairs on mustangs were on the early shaker 500's, oh, and the e-brake cables sprinkled around.

DynamicmustangGT 6/6/07 06:53 PM

Jay Leno probably owns more s197's than days in the week

st06vert 6/6/07 07:08 PM

tom gay cruise has a saleen

kevinb120 6/6/07 07:19 PM

rainbow paint?

racerx 6/6/07 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Vermillion06 (Post 933442)

John Cena? :dunno:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZa9sFa-cl0

jedikd 6/6/07 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by kevinb120 (Post 933861)
Well in the 'real world' outside the forums they are virtually trouble free. They are rarely in for anything other then oil changes. Half the tech's here have never done a repair on one. I was talking about strut mounts to our lead master tech and he was like 'dude, I've never had to work on one yet-just oil changes'. The lead tech asks me about stuff on mine every now and then(cause he knows I troll the forums and the official mustang squirrel at the dealer), 'this one guy is complaining about a squeaky shifter boot, ever heard of it?' 90% of repairs on mustangs were on the early shaker 500's, oh, and the e-brake cables sprinkled around.

squeaky shifter boot? I thought I was the only one. It's really a minor detail but it does seem to squeak a awful lot