2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

MY CAR IS CURSED!

Search this Thread

Old 3/20/05, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Yes, my car is cursed.... or I am.

The second night I owned my Mustang, I got into a minor accident I was forced into because of a show-off motorcyclist (search my posts for the full story). It was at the body shop for nearly a month because it took forever to get parts.

Now, yesterday morning, I went into my father's garage to wash the car's wheels before I took her out. When I turned on the garage light, I got one helluva surprise! Lugnuts, a box full of replacement scrub heads, and two old volkswagon tires were laying on the HOOD OF MY CAR!! My father had stacked some stuff on shelves in the garage, and after 5 years of just sitting there, no problems, the shelf decided to bend and dump an open box of lugnuts and two 25 lb. tires on my Mustang!

There were several very deep scratches and shallow dents on the hood, two dents on the right front fender, and a few deep scratches on the left/right front fenders. I stared open-mouthed at the scene for two minutes, shellshocked. I had just finished doing a three-step wax system on the paint job, and this happens!

I had warned my father repeatedly that he should get rid of the wheels, that they were too heavy for that darn shelf... he never got around to it, and this happened! I was livid. I called my father, I was screaming at him. My father eventually calmed me down and agreed to pay for the damage in full.

I called a local body shop that has an EXCELLENT rep in my area (they have a mashed up viper in their back lot), and ran down for an estimate before they closed at 12:30 PM. Luckily, the hood dents are very minor and no parts will need to be replaced. For the dent repair/paintjob on basically the entire front end, I was quoted 1k, 900 if my father pays cash (which he will). The guy was very sympathetic and told me to bring it in first thing Monday morning so they can get to work on it. He told me it will be repaired in 3 days, so I'll have my car back Wednesday, Thursday at the very latest.

I guess I'm happy it wasn't anything worse, and I'm thanking my lucky stars that I don't need parts, since I know it takes almost a friggin' MONTH to get them in. Needless to say, I threw out the tires/lugnuts/everything that fell on my car, as well as anything else we didn't need that was sitting on the shelves.

Still, I feel like my car is cursed.
Old 3/20/05, 11:45 AM
GT Member

Talking

Sorry to hear that but don't feel so bad I was cursed with type 1 diabetes 30 years ago. I'll trade with ya any day........
Old 3/20/05, 12:07 PM
Banned

sorry to hear about that, but even more sorry that your father is paying our of pocket, this would be a comprehensive claim on your auto insurance, you could have your father pay the deductible, which I would assume would be less than 900, and it wouldn't make your insurance rates go up... PM me if you need more info.
Old 3/20/05, 12:24 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@March 20, 2005, 1:15 PM
Still, I feel like my car is cursed.
Sorry man, I can relate. My last vehicle (brand new $28,000, 2002 Chevy Venture Minivan, I know it's not a mustang, but just as expensive as the GT we are buying) was cursed too.

First spring (April), hail damage (baseball size hail), got that fixed. Found out the hood was aluminum which makes it harder to get the dents out of.

Then 3 months later (June), five car pile up on highway in Atlanta on way home from florida vacation. Had to finish trip with no low beams and no air conditioning! At least it was still drivable. Got that fixed.

Same year in December skidded on ice (darn antilock brakes, probably could of stopped without them in that situation) and ran into a barbed wire fence, bumper cover again, scratches on the driverside finder, headlight cover, bug shield. Decided not to fix that, was fed up. This was all in the first 15 months of owning it.

Then in the next fall, on a country highway, got hit on drivers side door 2" under and 4" behind the mirror by a stray bullet from hunters in the nearby woods. Loud noise made everyone in the car jump, no other cars on the road so I just figured it was a rock from the tire as we were going 65-70 mph. A few days later I noticed an indentation about a 1/4" deep with a perfect circle in the middle, caused the paint to flake off about the size of a dime, which ended up being the size of a nickel before long. Didn't fix that cause I found out the door was aluminum just like the hood, so it wasn't going to rust. This one made an interesting story when people noticed it.

Then last fall, was crossing some railroad tracks on a road I had not driven on in a few years, a truck pulling trailer was coming other way so I left him room to cross also. Used to cross these tracks all the time and always had room to allow two cars cross at the same time. Got across the tracks (these are up higher than the road by about 4 feet so you can't see the road on the other side until you're there) and went into the 4" foot drop off on the other side because the road had eroded away so bad that now you can only have one car pass at a time. Guys in the truck thought I was idiot, how embarasing! Bumper cover on the other side of course, alignment messed up, etc. Didn't fix that either, at this point who cares.

Fixed it all, exept the bullet hole (tried touch up paint on it and it didn't look so bad then) after we decided to buy the 05.

Needless to say I'm glad it's gone. Hope this is the end of the curse for you!
Old 3/20/05, 12:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I wouldn't make my Father pay for something that you knew was a potential accident waiting to happen. Just my 2 cents and sorry about the Mustang.
Old 3/20/05, 01:57 PM

I was with you all the way until you started screaming at your dad. No matter what has happened, that's always a no-no.
Old 3/20/05, 02:08 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Rich@March 20, 2005, 1:31 PM
I wouldn't make my Father pay for something that you knew was a potential accident waiting to happen. Just my 2 cents and sorry about the Mustang.
I was thinking the same thing. I could see if his father parked the car there and this happened, but he parked it there knowing about it.... Poor father, probably feels bad.

So give your father a break man!
Old 3/20/05, 03:28 PM
Bullitt Member

I'd be upset too but it's just a car...your dad is family. It'll get fixed,just be thankful your dad is still alive and your able to see him anytime you want.
Old 3/20/05, 03:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Makes you wish for a force field thing around the car doesn't it? Shields Up! I have really bad allergies and my kid always remarks that I need to live in a bubble, with the way I am about the cars they need there own bubbles! Sorry about the rotten luck, but at least the stuff didn't fall on someones head!
Old 3/20/05, 05:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by sharkstang@March 20, 2005, 12:48 PM
Sorry to hear that but don't feel so bad I was cursed with type 1 diabetes 30 years ago. I'll trade with ya any day........

Don't take this wrong because I'm really sorry you have type 1 diabetes, but how can you compare the two?

Also, Charlie.....give your Dad a break! He certainly didn't do that deliberately. You mentioned you noticed the wheels were too heavy for that shelf....why didn't you take them down?
Old 3/20/05, 05:57 PM
V6 Member

Things dont seem to be going my way either, in the last 15 months my wife hit a deer on christmas eve 03, then june 04 I got rearended, jan. 05 I hit a deer, then march 18 wife was in our new 05 and got smashed.
Old 3/20/05, 06:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by bubba@March 20, 2005, 7:00 PM
Things dont seem to be going my way either, in the last 15 months my wife hit a deer on christmas eve 03, then june 04 I got rearended, jan. 05 I hit a deer, then march 18 wife was in our new 05 and got smashed.

Wow...now that is what you call a run of bad luck! Hopefully that's the end of it!! :bang:
Old 3/20/05, 06:07 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least it wasn't your Shelby GT500
Old 3/20/05, 06:10 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Scootr@March 20, 2005, 5:31 PM
I'd be upset too but it's just a car...your dad is family. It'll get fixed,just be thankful your dad is still alive and your able to see him anytime you want.
I agree
Old 3/20/05, 06:14 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car again I'm sure your dad feels as bad about this as you do .If you got a good body man that car will be as good as new in no time

You know your friends might have put a dent magnet in your car please find and remove it
Old 3/20/05, 06:31 PM

I dont know whats more disturbing, your behavior toward you father, or your so proudly posting for the world your behavior. It was after all his garage he was allowing you to park you car in not yours. You acted like a spoiled little punk and should be ashamed.
Old 3/20/05, 06:41 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that, but be glad you have a nice father. His garage that you parked in so he really shouldn't pay now should he I know I wouldn't have. I think you were to harsh on your dad. If you don't have your "own" garage to park it in you should have at least made sure it would have been safe to park it in there. Now don't get tooooo mad at me when I say "the only one at fault here is you". When I stored my 97 GT at my dad's place 1 year I made sure nothing was going to fall onto or against my car. I know my dad would still go into the garage and get paint supplies etc. Well, the day I took my car out of there I found a scratch on the passenger side. He saw me looking at the car and asked "What's wrong". I just said, "looks like it got scratched". He figured it was one day he was getting some painting supplies and they were on that side of the car. He knew he brushed up along the car but couldn't tell if he scratched it because of where it was parked. I told him not to worry about it because after all, it was his garage and he had every right to be in there. Did he feel bad, sure he did, but I didn't have to yell at him. I knew he was upset about it but hey, at the time I didn't have my own garage to store it in.
Old 3/20/05, 06:54 PM
Bullitt Member

If I had done that my Father would of knocked me senseless and then said who do you think paid for this garage you park in. Shame on you!!
Old 3/20/05, 07:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah what's up with that, Charlie?! I suppose you're going to tell us you've never cost your father $900 before, eh? Paid for your own upbringing and education, did you? Out of curiosity, why were you parking in his garage in the first place? And if there was a drop hazard sitting just feet above your car, why park it there? :scratch:
Old 3/20/05, 07:32 PM
GT Member

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but cut your dad some slack. It sounds like an unfortunate accident and that is what insurance is for. Definitely a bummer to have this happen though, hope it is fixed good as new real quick.

Quick Reply: MY CAR IS CURSED!