The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Moisture problem (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/moisture-problem-423162/)

gt6974a 10/17/05 09:15 AM

Well, while I was washing my car(first time, just got my car), I noticed that on both doors, moisture had gotten on the inside of the window on the vertical rubber seal, making the window look like it had fogged up on that inside seal.

I'm thinking this can't be normal but was curious if other have had this problem.

Fastrack 10/17/05 09:21 AM

Originally posted by gt6974a@October 17, 2005, 11:18 AM
Well, while I was washing my car(first time, just got my car), I noticed that on both doors, moisture had gotten on the inside of the window on the vertical rubber seal, making the window look like it had fogged up on that inside seal.

I'm thinking this can't be normal but was curious if other have had this problem.

I have this same thing. I have yet to have water leak in though, and I've had my car for 5 months.

antdog 10/17/05 09:39 AM

me too!

Mustang69-05 10/17/05 09:53 AM

I've got the same thing. I'm waiting to see what will happen when we have a rainy day and then everything freeze's.......

dustindu4 10/17/05 10:40 AM

Mine too

tw0scoops123 10/17/05 11:26 AM

I have that too. I don't notice it when it rains. When I'm washing the car though, i just open the door and then wipe the inside window off. Had no leaks while raining or washing the car, so I wouldn't worry.

ex-Galaxie500 10/17/05 01:02 PM

Happens to me to when I wash it, I never thought much of it

clockworks 10/17/05 03:28 PM

I get the same thing. A couple months old and 2300 miles.

lodom 10/18/05 11:30 AM

The SN95's did it too. My 99 had leak at the upper rear corners of both windows. It never rained in the car, but the moisture did get in when washing the car.

atomicvibe 10/18/05 11:30 AM

Brand spanking new, and mine did it upon it's first bath.

Stadifer 11/7/05 08:38 AM

Mine does it too. I think a lot of it is not having a metal frame over the top of the door for a true seal. The strife we have for look looking doors :).

But it seems to have gotten worse when I drive on cool wet days everything in my car fogs up. It's a constant toggle between defrost and regular air to keep things defogged.

05WindveilGT 11/8/05 07:41 AM

Mine does it also, but it's really now big deal. My buddy who has a subaru impreza has the same style windows as us (where they lay against rubber) and his do the same thing. It's just how the set-up is, and as far as leaking or freezing up a.) I wouldn't worry about the leaking because it's impossible for water to come in substatially in order to call it a 'leak' and b.) there is not enough water underneath the edge of the window for it to cause noticeable freezing. I live in the northeast, I know. And as far a fogging up, it isn't from where the window meets the rubber, that's nearly impossible for a whole car to fog up from a little moisture that condences between the rubber and window. My point is, we have nothing to worry about and all is well!! :nice: :nice: Hope that helped and answers any forthcoming questions.

Matt

yossarian 8/10/08 09:59 PM

I have experienced this problem as well. I took in to the dealer who replaced some of the weather stripping but that didn't appear to do anything.

Has anyone with this problem gotten it fixed and know what the solution is?

Thanks.

adrenalin 8/11/08 07:07 AM

Wow, old thread!

It is due to the design. Nothing to worry about unless water starts running into the vehicle.

Mark S. 8/11/08 10:55 AM

Normal...don't worry yourself over it.

Cocheese 8/11/08 12:49 PM

Yep, Mine did it the first time I washed it, and every wash since... I never drive it in the rain (except once) So wouldn't know if it leaks, It doesn't look to be a big deal

Cocheese 8/11/08 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This makes a great fix :nice: Stylish too