2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Met President Bush and purchased my Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/04, 06:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Robert+October 30, 2004, 6:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robert @ October 30, 2004, 6:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dke@October 30, 2004, 4:27 AM
Bush scored higher on his military entrance exams than Kerry, and many experts believe he is smarter (even if he is not as academic sounding).

Clinton put attacked in Kosovo with less multilateral support than Bush had in Iraq. (No U.N. resolution). He gave Halliburton no bid contracts, and he promised we'd find mass graves, which we didn't. The democrats are either fools or hypocrites (or both).

Bush volunteered to go to Vietnam, but was turned down because he didn't have enough experience (as a pilot). Kerry tried to get a deferment (but failed), then joined the reserves and was called up (against his will), then tried to pick a duty as far away from combat as possible, then got out on a technicality, then he came back and worked with Fonda and the anti-American communists against our interests and troops. Bush acted more honorably in all these areas.

So the anti-Kerry ones have humor in their relationship to the truth. The anti-Bush ones have hate and vitriol, mixed with lies to try to prey on the weak of mind, young, and ignorant of the facts.

Are all your facts this erroneous?

Kerry is a multi-decorated war hero who VOLUNTEERED for duty TWICE. He's actually been under fire and bled for his country. The only shooting Bush has ever done is at defenseless animals during his days as an alcoholic - while Kerry was establishing himself as a respected attorney.

Bush never went to Nam, and Cheney ducked it FIVE times. But Cheney and his evangelical, born-again puppet President who talks to god are all too happy to send today's young people off to die. And for what? For NO weapons of mass destruction and NO Saddam connection to al Quaeda! For an immoral, empirical, Israeli-desired war that has created a chaotic cesspool that's breeding new terrorists. Saddam was an evil despot (CREATED and BACKED by the US in the '80s)...but he was also a DETERRENT to terrorism in that region! Now that he's gone, it's much, much worse than ever before.

And now the Pentagon is cooking up contradictory lies about those missing weapons that not even FOX news is buying!

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitcz and Perle should all be prosecuted for treason and racketeering!

But, hey, I guess you're smarter than the CIA, huh?

A vote for Bush is a vote for Middle East conflagration...and maybe, just maybe, Armageddon.

And that's not even getting into the worst deficit in US history (down from a SURPLUS in the Clinton years) and more lost jobs than any president in 75 years. [/b][/quote]
And I guess you buy all of the lies thrown out by CBS, ABC, and NBC. Sometimes liberals amaze me, they latch onto any story, like the 60 minutes Bush Guard docs, and accept it as truth, then conveniently choose to ignore the stories that refute what turns out to be a rumor. As for the Bush lied line, get real. If you really believe that Bush lied over WMD's, then Kerry lied, Clinton lied, Gore lied, the UN lied, and the intelligence services of Britian, Russia, Germany, and yes, even France, all lied as well.

Jason
Old 10/30/04, 06:55 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Congratulations on your new car and for meeting the president!!

dustindu4: That is a SWEET pic of airforce 1. Very Cool!!
Old 10/30/04, 07:02 AM
dke
Bullitt Member

Liberals prove the saying; "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -- Winston Churchill

Take some obvious and known, Kerry applied for a deferment. Then when he was going to get drafted, he joined the naval reserves. Then he took his first deployment in a cruise from San Deigo to Hawaii, then to South Asia, where he got within 100 miles of Vietnam and was never shot at, and he calls that a "tour of duty". For his second tour, he had to go, so he chose the safest offshore duty he could find -- which was hunting smugglers in swift boats. But by the time he got there, they changed the duty to river interdictions, and there are multiple records and witnesses saying that he tried to get out, and complained about the role of swift votes, and all of his chain of command said he was "overly concerned with his person" and was a reluctant warrior at best. Then he spent the next 30 years working against the military, and trying to rewrite his record. These are just facts, that some ignore. And each time they attack people that state the truth, they prove their ignorance, and why you shouldn't support them by voting with them. These facts are why 9 out of 10 military people are against Kerry. If you support our troops and vote against them (for Kerry).

The same with the facts mentioned about Bush. He volunteered to go to Vietnam, but was turned down. (That was according to his commanding officer). More importantly, he has supported the military with his actions, which is why the Military is overwhelmingly for him.

I don't begrudge Cheney (or anyone) from NOT volunteering to go, or trying to get deferrments. That's a personal choice. What I do have a problem with is a hypocrite like Kerry who did everything he could to get out, criticizing others who were smarter and more effective at it than he was. And doing his campaign about what a hero he was, and implying how pro-military he is, when his entire record has been against our military. I don't suffer fools or liars well. Which is why I went from being a non-partisan that would sometimes vote democrat, to being far more anti-Democrat partisan in this election. (You can't support Kerry without supporting the means he's using to get elected -- which is hiding from his record and the truth, and twisting the truth into lies. And you can't support him without supporting his allies, like the propagandist Michael Moore).

But this board is about cars, right? We can talk politics, but let's focus on how much worse Kerry would be for the Auto-Industry. "Big Business" is for Bush. Autos are "Big Business". A vote for Kerry is a vote against the auto industry and the Mustang.
Old 10/30/04, 07:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by PearBear+October 30, 2004, 9:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PearBear @ October 30, 2004, 9:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-StangFan@October 29, 2004, 11:47 PM
hopefully he will carry pa on tuesday.
He's got my vote!

Congrats dude, wish I had the income to support an 05! [/b][/quote]
alright... the upcoming elections is just none of my business, it's your country, and I didn't want to comment one single time on it, but this is quite thought-provoking...

You're complaining about not having the income to afford a 2005 Mustang and at the same time, you're voting for a president who did a major tax cut for the richest 2% of the population? sounds weird to me :notnice:
Old 10/30/04, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Old 10/30/04, 07:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Whats strange? The richest 2% pay most of the taxes! That's why they get the big savings. If you don't pay taxes and I give you a 100% tax cut your savings would be $0.00.
Oh yea George W drives a Ford pick up on his ranch, I know I've seen him.
Old 10/30/04, 07:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Boomer@October 30, 2004, 1:13 AM
So a bad thing and a good thing happened
nice
So, is that why you removed my avatar.......... Figures.
Old 10/30/04, 07:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Wombert+October 30, 2004, 9:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wombert @ October 30, 2004, 9:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by PearBear@October 30, 2004, 9:24 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-StangFan
@October 29, 2004, 11:47 PM
hopefully he will carry pa on tuesday.

He's got my vote!

Congrats dude, wish I had the income to support an 05!
alright... the upcoming elections is just none of my business, it's your country, and I didn't want to comment one single time on it, but this is quite thought-provoking...

You're complaining about not having the income to afford a 2005 Mustang and at the same time, you're voting for a president who did a major tax cut for the richest 2% of the population? sounds weird to me :notnice: [/b][/quote]
Your'e right, nuf' said, it's not YOUR country.
Old 10/30/04, 07:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Badandy@October 29, 2004, 10:23 PM
Nice, you met President Bush AND got a Torch Red GT.

Couldn't imagine a better day.
He said Black with red int. , not torch red. :scratch:
Old 10/30/04, 07:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Picture perfect.
Old 10/30/04, 07:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

congrats ejdoura! hope you enjoy your ride.
Old 10/30/04, 07:52 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Brandoman222@October 30, 2004, 3:18 AM
Congrats on the car, however I disagree on the presidency. Your car is very similar to what I'm getting. Finally saw one on the road a couple days ago, and wow, so beautiful in the rearview mirror. For the Presidency, I'm expecting a 49-48 margin for Kerry, and Kerry (like Gore) will win the electoral college with FL. Who knows though, maybe the Supreme Court will get to decide and make the ruling applicable only to that single case -again.
Sorry, but the way it looks is that if Kerry wins, Bush would be the one winning the popular vote, and Kerry would win through the electoral college.
Old 10/30/04, 07:53 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Robert@October 30, 2004, 4:10 AM
Well...congrats on the Stang, anyway.

Re: the President...hang on a second. Isn't this the same guy who shakes THOUSANDS of hands and chose NOT to have a flu shot?

I hope you washed your hands as soon as you got home!
Great way to steal my idea for an avatar
Old 10/30/04, 08:01 AM
Bullitt Member

I got to see airforce one take off right over my head here in Cleveland too. It gave me the chills. Awsome guy, congrats.
Old 10/30/04, 08:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by upstate@October 30, 2004, 3:14 PM
Whats strange? The richest 2% pay most of the taxes! That's why they get the big savings. If you don't pay taxes and I give you a 100% tax cut your savings would be $0.00.
Oh yea George W drives a Ford pick up on his ranch, I know I've seen him.
But the richest don't need the savings. The poor and the people with average and below-average income would profit way more from tax cuts. And you could give them way higher cuts, that's simple maths (because the average income of the richest 2% is extremely high). And it has a completely different impact on the economy: the richest don't buy more after a tax cut because they can afford everything they want anyway. But the below-average guy can afford... a new car, washing machine, holidays, whatever, thus helping the economy, which pays the indirect taxes (VAT etc), which needs higher capacities and thus employs more people (wasn't the last four years the only presidency in U.S. history where actually more job positions were lost than new ones were created?), these people who then have a higher income consume even more and pay more taxes etc.
Whatever. You might understand that I don't like presidents who step in front of TV cameras and start talking nonsense like "those who are not for us are against us" or trick their population by telling them Iraq is a real threat to their country while this so-dangerous Iraq has neither missiles who can reach the U.S. nor the WMDs necessary to really threaten the U.S. But I'll really quit this discussion here because for me there's no point arguing with people who couldn't even locate Iraq on a world map while backing a war against this very country.
Old 10/30/04, 08:03 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Three pages on this thread and no Mustang pics? Close it down, I get enough politics at work!
Old 10/30/04, 08:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
I cannot help but notice a distinct lack of images of any allegedly purchased Mustangs!

The ongoing tradition is; until we see pics of YOU with YOUR Mustang (preferably at home or somewhere other than the dealership), well. . .

Pics of the Mustang, that is!
Old 10/30/04, 08:11 AM
V6 Member

Nice car, but Pres. Bush I don't think so, Tuesday is going to be a LONG night.

Go Kerry 04!
Old 10/30/04, 08:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

The tax code is set up so that small business owners i.e. those employing only a few people can fill their business taxes as personel tax. This puts them in the so called rich category i.e. making over $120,000 a year. By lowering their taxes they can afford to expand or hire more people. The truly Rich Ross Perot, John Kerry Heinz have most of their money in none taxable bonds. They pay no taxes on that money so their actual income from other sources is quite low. The Kerry' s paid 12% tax rate last year.
Old 10/30/04, 08:15 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Greywolf@October 30, 2004, 8:14 AM
The tax code is set up so that small business owners i.e. those employing only a few people can fill their business taxes as personel tax. This puts them in the so called rich category i.e. making over $120,000 a year. By lowering their taxes they can afford to expand or hire more people. The truly Rich Ross Perot, John Kerry Heinz have most of their money in none taxable bonds. They pay no taxes on that money so their actual income from other sources is quite low. The Kerry' s paid 12% tax rate last year.
I think Theresa and John each file separately.

Quick Reply: Met President Bush and purchased my Mustang!