2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Making the V6 More Attractive

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/05, 11:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont see why alot of GT v8 people are always hating on the v6 owners, sure you spent an extra few thousand on your car, sure you have a few more cylinders, but it is the same car, it is a MUSTANG, and isnt that what this forum is for? mustang owners? why cant everyone just be happy that we all have the nicest cars on the road
Old 4/16/05, 12:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by azlitigator@April 15, 2005, 11:35 PM
Your vert is beautiful Grant. Well said BTW B)
i agree...grant could you post more pics of your vert (or did i miss them already posted?)

btw...ill be buying a 06 V6...
-will be daily driver (prefer V6 gas mileage)
-dont need the V8 power (present car has 215hp,and thats more then enough for me)
-price is a issue
-prefer the V6 front end and rear (fake cap)
-what i dont like at all about the V6 is the wheels,im hoping the 06 comes with something more like mach1 rims (would mach1 rims fit a 05/06 V6?)
Old 4/16/05, 02:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey guys. I was going to start a new topic until I came across this one just now. Here are some pixs I took at the dealership today. I had like 4 hours on my hands while they installed my gas tank & new shaker.

Anyway. This dealer is hoping to sell this over the weekend. And no, before anyone asks, I am not sure of the markup because they were still working on it when I was there. And the window sticker was the old one & wasn't adjusted for the add on's.

Anyway. Here they are:
Old 4/16/05, 02:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here's 2 more.

It's a V6 Auto tranny, ESAP (No IUP) & was orginally priced at $22,580 (I think). And as you can see the dealer has added the dual black stripes (runs from the hood to the spoiler but not the bumpers), GT grill, stick on louvers, wheels, & who knows what to the price.

So, let me know what you guys think. Is this the kind of changes the V6 needs or something less?

~*~Kera~*~
Old 4/16/05, 04:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.+April 15, 2005, 9:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05GT-O.C.D. @ April 15, 2005, 9:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by gashaus34@April 15, 2005, 10:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine
@April 15, 2005, 2:53 PM
Are you mental?
My car is perfect, and just like I wanted it (sans it being an auto,but it couldn't be helped). Shes frigging beautiful. AND yes I wanted a 6, I didn't get denied a Gt and settle.
I love her I adore her and I worship her. I wouldn't trade Eleanor for Ten Gts.

Really? You wouldn't trade one six-banger for 10 GTs? That makes a lot of sense. I guess we see what sort of mind it takes to come up with such an original nickname for your car. I guess you wouldn't trade the dollar in your pocket for ten $100 bills, either... :scratch:

Give me a break. This is a stupid topic. Obviously the market for the two cars is completely different. Why spend so much effort on improving the performace of a car that people don't buy because of its performance?

Too bad they don't make a four-cylinder anymore. Maybe some of the people in this thread would prefer it!
No need to be rude, you didn't think your arguement through either. If the market is obviously so different for the 2 cars, then why can't Eleanorsmine have the car she wants? Obviously, the market's different, and she's not in the market for the GT. If you think this is such a stupid topic, don't post in it.
[/b][/quote]

Amen, want to add to this. I am getting a V6 and I love performance so it not that it is the insurance. I would rather take the money I save on insurance and put it towards the car's performance and maybe spice up the looks. This guy that said this is a stupid topic doesn't get it. Insurance is a money making scam for the insurance companies but we all need it, so to avoid the high cost of insurance I can save on the V6 and increase the performance without increasing my insurance cost. The vin# doesn't change when you modify your car.
Old 4/16/05, 04:26 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Absolutely no need to hate on the v6. I love mine, that's the way it is. I don't regret her, I didn't get her cause I couldn't get a gt...I got her cause I always said I would know "the one" and when she came off the truck, I knew she was "the one".
Nothing at all wrong with the Gt, they are beauties. I just preferred not to ****** one up. I love her, shes a mustang, thats it. I don't know why I have to "defend" buying a v6 every week someone else decides to make a bash the six topic.
I don't need to haul tail around town,so I didn't have to pay for the extra cylinders. And my car, and the 84,000 other v6es rolling around my zip code are beautiful just the way they are.
Old 4/16/05, 04:52 AM
Bullitt Member

i dont feel that the v6 should be made more like the GT in standard form. neither do i think that adding useless hood scoops, decals and fog lights will do anthing other then make it a cruddy attempt at a gt. the brige the gap between a gt and v6 i would like to see a small performance package for the v6. definately true DUAL EXHAUST (hello ford are you there? its been more then 10 years for late model v6's with a "limp bizkit" exhaust pipe), mayby better gearing,and a 10 hp bump.
i like the fact that the v6 doesnt have grille lights, it makes it distinct from the gt, i always hated the 99-04 "pony package", its pointless, gimme a little performance for a little more money rather then an imitation!
Old 4/16/05, 07:17 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by mister_e+April 15, 2005, 9:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mister_e @ April 15, 2005, 9:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-rex@April 15, 2005, 9:11 PM
I would have bought a GT if it had looked like the V6...money or insurance was not an issue with me...I bought the car I felt had cleaner, more retro and better looks...the V6...The GT has a bloated look with the painted rocker panels, bumper lips and oversized foglights.....The new Shelby also borrows it's looks more from the V6 than the GT...
I don't understand why people make comments like this. I see lots of people say that they prefer the "look" of the V6 over the GT or vice versa, but other than a few minor differences, they look like the same friggin' car. Oh, yeah a notch in the front bumper, smaller wheels, no fog lights...wow, it's like night and day

I'm willing to bet that more than half of the people that claim they went with the V6 over the GT because they prefered the "look" of the V6 is only making excuses to themselves for why they went with the V6. And before anyone gives me any flak for that comment, I speak from experience...I currently drive a 2000 V6. I'll leave it at that.

BTW, I'm not trying to start any arguments, I'm just saying that the V6 and the GT look nearly identical
[/b][/quote]

Agreed as stated that the looks are only minor differences. I personally do happen to like the overall look of the V6 better but the main reason I bought the 6 was mostly the cost factor. So it worked out great for me. I paid less for a car that I cosmetically prefer. Well except the dual exhaust is nice!
Old 4/16/05, 08:04 AM
Cobra Member

Guys (and girls) -- this was NEVER meant to be another V6 v. V8 debate. And this was not directed for the people that already bought their cars (though it is great to hear everyone is happy with them).

The point was for those looking for a GT but can't get one, would upgrading all the little things and keeping it within a couple hundred dollars make it more attractive, or is the allure of the GT all about the V8?

And, alternatively, would the fever die down and bring the ordering ratio back to the 70:30 V6:GT.

Brad was about the only person who posted on topic for 3 pages. Though it does point out the details seem to be of little consequence. I am still not sure if this new car will change the long-standing purchase ratio.

I think that since it is such a better car, it appeals to a wider (and older) audience who can afford more and want the GT, so I think the GTs will be in short supply for a long time.
Old 4/16/05, 08:05 AM
V6 Member

The six is perfect the way it is. I have not bought yet and I am undecided as to whether I will order the six or the GT. The question is whether I want a true aggressive, rumbling American muscle car (GT) or the classy, understated, and maybe cleaner-looking six. The six has more than enough power and will appeal maybe to a different group of consumer who may feel that the GT is too aggressive. I personally think that the six resebles more the original '65 Stang that does the GT. From '65 onward, the Mustang got progressively more aggressive in appearance. Anyway, Ford did a great job on both models and neither one needs to be changed. There is no reason for any six bashing since the car is the perfect design! Can't wait to buy my Mustang at the end of the year.
Old 4/16/05, 08:09 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel the same way about the V6! That's why I bought one!

Originally posted by MorrisMustang@April 16, 2005, 8:08 AM
The six is perfect the way it is. I have not bought yet and I am undecided as to whether I will order the six or the GT. The question is whether I want a true aggressive, rumbling American muscle car (GT) or the classy, understated, and maybe cleaner-looking six. The six has more than enough power and will appeal maybe to a different group of consumer who may feel that the GT is too aggressive. I personally think that the six resebles more the original '65 Stang that does the GT. From '65 onward, the Mustang got progressively more aggressive in appearance. Anyway, Ford did a great job on both models and neither one needs to be changed. There is no reason for any six bashing since the car is the perfect design! Can't wait to buy my Mustang at the end of the year.
Old 4/16/05, 08:12 AM
GT Member

After having my 6 for a few days and 250 miles.....Ford doesn't need to change a thing! I love this car! I probably won't make any mods....at least for a little while!
Old 4/16/05, 08:16 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MorrisMustang@April 16, 2005, 8:08 AM
The question is whether I want a true aggressive, rumbling American muscle car (GT) or the classy, understated, and maybe cleaner-looking six.
So, you are saying there is virtually no cross-shopping between the V6 and GT?
I can believe that. That is why I was curious when Ford was saying to its dealers "no more '05 GTs, but try and push the V6."
Old 4/16/05, 10:13 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Rampant+April 16, 2005, 9:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rampant @ April 16, 2005, 9:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MorrisMustang@April 16, 2005, 8:08 AM
The question is whether I want a true aggressive, rumbling American muscle car (GT) or the classy, understated, and maybe cleaner-looking six.
So, you are saying there is virtually no cross-shopping between the V6 and GT?
I can believe that. That is why I was curious when Ford was saying to its dealers "no more '05 GTs, but try and push the V6."
[/b][/quote]

Probably because they anticipated more action on the 6's and less demand for the GT. Now they have their hands full trying to accomodate all the GT orders and many 6's sitting on the lots from over manufacturing. Chances are all the die hards that were set on GT would still have bought one regardless of any improvements so to speak on the 6's. I don't think there are that many people undecided on weather to buy the 6 or the GT. Its either one or the other for most. JMO
Old 4/16/05, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack+April 16, 2005, 1:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tom_vilsack @ April 16, 2005, 1:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-azlitigator@April 15, 2005, 11:35 PM
Your vert is beautiful Grant. Well said BTW B)
i agree...grant could you post more pics of your vert (or did i miss them already posted?)

btw...ill be buying a 06 V6...
-will be daily driver (prefer V6 gas mileage)
-dont need the V8 power (present car has 215hp,and thats more then enough for me)
-price is a issue
-prefer the V6 front end and rear (fake cap)
-what i dont like at all about the V6 is the wheels,im hoping the 06 comes with something more like mach1 rims (would mach1 rims fit a 05/06 V6?)
[/b][/quote]

dude, the v6 gets 1 mpg better, 1!
Old 4/16/05, 11:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rex@April 15, 2005, 9:11 PM
I would have bought a GT if it had looked like the V6...money or insurance was not an issue with me...I bought the car I felt had cleaner lines, was more true to the retro theme and had the overall better looks...the V6....The GT has a bloated look with the painted rocker panels, bumper lips, tacky badging and the oversized unattractive foglights....I'll get the V8 only when I can get one that looks like the current V6...but hey..that may not be that far off because the 2007 Shelby borrows it's looks more from the V6 than the GT....
Oversized unattracitive foglights? LOL I see a lot of people trying to put them on their V6, I haven't yet heard of anyone taking them off the GT.
Old 4/16/05, 11:32 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang+April 16, 2005, 5:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Super Sonic Blue Mustang @ April 16, 2005, 5:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@April 15, 2005, 9:33 PM
Originally posted by gashaus34@April 15, 2005, 10:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine
@April 15, 2005, 2:53 PM
Are you mental?
My car is perfect, and just like I wanted it (sans it being an auto,but it couldn't be helped). Shes frigging beautiful. AND yes I wanted a 6, I didn't get denied a Gt and settle.
I love her I adore her and I worship her. I wouldn't trade Eleanor for Ten Gts.

Really? You wouldn't trade one six-banger for 10 GTs? That makes a lot of sense. I guess we see what sort of mind it takes to come up with such an original nickname for your car. I guess you wouldn't trade the dollar in your pocket for ten $100 bills, either... :scratch:

Give me a break. This is a stupid topic. Obviously the market for the two cars is completely different. Why spend so much effort on improving the performace of a car that people don't buy because of its performance?

Too bad they don't make a four-cylinder anymore. Maybe some of the people in this thread would prefer it!

No need to be rude, you didn't think your arguement through either. If the market is obviously so different for the 2 cars, then why can't Eleanorsmine have the car she wants? Obviously, the market's different, and she's not in the market for the GT. If you think this is such a stupid topic, don't post in it.
Amen, want to add to this. I am getting a V6 and I love performance so it not that it is the insurance. I would rather take the money I save on insurance and put it towards the car's performance and maybe spice up the looks. This guy that said this is a stupid topic doesn't get it. Insurance is a money making scam for the insurance companies but we all need it, so to avoid the high cost of insurance I can save on the V6 and increase the performance without increasing my insurance cost. The vin# doesn't change when you modify your car.
[/b][/quote]

I would make sure your insurance co knows that your car has performance mods which may or may not effect the rate. If you don't they may not cover a claim if you need one. Just a thought.
Old 4/16/05, 11:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

My cousin asked me to look at the Scion Tc for her and when I opened up the booklet on it I couldn't get over all the options for that car. Exhaust upgrade option, 18" wheel option, and coming soon a supercharger option. I think Ford should have the same thing for the V6. Make a dual exhaust option and at least the 17" Bullitt wheel option.
Old 4/16/05, 12:30 PM
GT Member

The dealership by me has had the same 5 V6's for almost a month, and they got two GT's in last week, and no ones bought them either, im really surprised!
Old 4/16/05, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I believe the one thing for sure, Ford should have made available on the V-6, the option of ordering the 17" Bullits from the factory. I bought this set from eBay and put them on the V-6 we have, and it totally makes the car look beefier.
Jack

Quick Reply: Making the V6 More Attractive