2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Making the V6 More Attractive

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/05, 10:15 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dtdebuty@April 20, 2005, 2:49 PM
WOW..This has gone way off topic. I knew it would the second I saw the thread. But here is the deal. Its plain and simple and GT owners like myself should respect it!!

I owned a 2000 V6 prior to my current 05 GT. The reason people buy a V6 is for 5 reasons and there is nothing wrong with that.
1. Its 5 grand cheaper. Thats a lot of money!!!
2. Not everyone cares about HP and why should they? A V6 has 210 HP which is plenty of power to go back and forth to work, trips, etc. and plenty enough power to speed up and change lanes. My 2000 V6 had 190 HP and it did what I wanted it to do just fine!! Now if you are a show off and race on the tracks...you better go with the GT but then again, watch out because there are some v6's out there with the same HP as ours. LOL
3. Insurance is lower on the V6.
4. Not many people care about the fog lights. Its not like a person drives in fog everyday. Right?
5. Savings in gas.

Now I am sure you guys are wondering well why in heck did I get a GT.

Well, because I had extra 5 grand to spend that I could live without, my company gives me a credit card for all my gas. Now do I like the extra HP? Yes I do but I could live with the 210 HP with no problem.

Now here is the shame. We all love our GT's right? Without a doubt!!! Well guess what. V6 owners LOVE their cars as well. So why do you guys put their cars down? What if one day you have some serious financial problems and wanted a Mustang because it was your dream car. Dont tell me you would not buy a V6 and get some other car because you could not afford a GT. Come on guys give the V6 owners a break there cars are really nice as well.

Now here is the thing I dont understand. GT owners make fun of the V6 owners because they do things such as add fog lights, dual exhaust, increase HP, etc. Then on the other hand I see many GT owners modding there car by increasing HP, changing the GT badges, etc. In that case why do GT owners just not buy a cobra like the new Sheby? Whats up with that?

Well put... and personally I love the Saleen package! After seeing those its hard to be impressed with your basic V6 and GTs.
Old 4/22/05, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think many people are forgetting a time tested truth: "Beggers can't be choosers." This is the case for me and why I got a V6 instead of a GT. This car was a gift from my parents. I am a student who cannot afford to buy a movie ticket much less a new car. The last thing in the world I would ever do is to tell my parents that their extreme generousity is not enough! I love my car and I gaurantee that as soon as I do get a paying job (I am working for free this summer) I will be boosting the power of the car that I love. This is, to me, a situation in which no GT owner can look down on me. I think this is also true for many Mustang enthusiasts (especially those that are younger). I do not have the money currently to buy a car with the level of performance that I want (I try to limit loans and other debt as much as possible), but soon I will. When that happens, watch out, you just might get burned.

Regardless of your reasons, if you are a member of this forum, you clearly are a mustang enthusiast and you should love the car you have. I can only hope that everyone here gets the same smile that I do everytime I sit behind that wheel. I love my car and would not trade it for anything. It may be only a V6 in some people's eyes, but it is my car and I will defend her like a lion with his cubs.

"The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends" enjoy the drive.