The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   LED GHOST LIGHTS in an 06 GT convertible. (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/led-ghost-lights-06-gt-convertible-539020/)

RCooke08GT 10/1/15 09:44 AM

LED GHOST LIGHTS in an 06 GT convertible.

I have been having one HELL of a hard time TRYING to Power this pair of Courtesy Lights.
:banghead:(( NOT as easy as you would think.)):banghead:
There is NO Factory Courtesy light in my Door, SO... I have been forced to Run a wire to tap into the Dome /Courtesy Light. ( Which STILL causes the Lights to remain on ALL THE TIME.) I am trying to find a GOOD easy Option to tap into, that will ONLY power the Lights when the doors are opened.:doh:
If you have any Words of Wisdom, with this type of Install would be greatly Appreciated.
THANK YOU..

stupidgenius36 10/1/15 05:09 PM

LED GHOST LIGHTS in an 06 GT convertible.

Since you have a convertible, you probably have more wires than most (and possibly even more if you have the active anti theft system).

But, at minimum, I'm thinking you should see at least three wires. I did some quick googling for you...It seems the positive wire should be black with a light blue stripe, and the negative wire should be green with a yellow stripe. Do you see those wires in the A-pillar? If not, how do you currently have it wired? And what color wires do you see?

RCooke08GT 10/2/15 11:25 AM

Thank you.. For the quick and Helpful Response..AT present.. Pos is tapped into the Power window switch, and the negative to the Interior Courtesy Light.. and the new lamps are on all the time, SO I have disconnected them, till I can find a Proper Wiring.

stupidgenius36 10/2/15 11:52 AM

No problem. This should be fairly simple. Tapping into the dome lights is pretty common. Do you see the color wires that I mentioned? Or have you not had a chance to check yet?

07 Boss 10/2/15 05:23 PM

I wired up my sill plates and all my extra interior lighting to the dome light wires and they only come on with the opening of the doors or when I turn on the interior lights with dimmer switch. I can't remember but I think Stupid is right on with the color of the wires in the A pillar.

akdoggie 10/28/15 10:14 PM

You just have the wires at the dome light hooked up backwards or on the wrong wire with the positive side, if you can understand what I'm saying. There are two wires for the dome light, you just have to tap to the opposite of the one your have. Your's is hot all the time, and the other only works with the door switch activation. Hope that helps and makes sense to you. I had the same problem, until I remembered that everything is opposite of logic with LED's and such. Good luck.

RCooke08GT 11/2/15 01:36 PM

Perfect answer.. Right on !!

GottaHaveIt 6/11/16 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by RCooke08GT (Post 6948587)
I have been having one HELL of a hard time TRYING to Power this pair of Courtesy Lights.
There is NO Factory Courtesy light in my Door, SO... I have been forced to Run a wire to tap into the Dome /Courtesy Light. ( Which STILL causes the Lights to remain on ALL THE TIME.) I am trying to find a GOOD easy Option to tap into, that will ONLY power the Lights when the doors are opened.:doh:
If you have any Words of Wisdom, with this type of Install would be greatly Appreciated.
THANK YOU..

Look into taco bills links, it will be the same as wiring in for sill plates only on when door open & times out it'll be passenger side pillar not hard at all if you follow Bills instructions . I just did these the same wayhttps://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...8a5689733.jpeg<br >

GottaHaveIt 6/19/16 09:49 PM

THANK YOU..

Just like my 07 convertable I think TBills write up on sill plates would be your fix I bet it's close to the same , that's where I wired my pony lights they time out just finehttps://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...d0d7e2731.jpeg<br >

GottaHaveIt 2/19/17 03:03 AM

THANK YOU..

sorry not reading into all of it , but when I did my lit sill plates on my 07 GT/CS I tapped into the puller on the passenger side along the winshield so they'd only come on when my door was open as I did with my pony door projection lights that I added to the bottom of my doors