2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Leather interior question...

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/05, 10:23 AM
NEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK...can anyone tell me the following...

Would there be any difference in the interior design or material (door panels, ceiling, etc.) between the following two setups:

Mustang GT Premium with IUP
and
Mustang GT Deluxe with IUP and Leather Bucket seats added.

In other words, I don't want the Shaker system...so I thought I would save money by going with the Deluxe and then adding the leather seats. But by doing this, does the Premium package change the door panels, ceiling, etc from leather to cloth or somehting like that? Or to cut to the chase, does it change it at all?

If any of you even understand my poorly worded question...I will be impressed. Twice as much if you also happen to know the answer.
Thanks
Old 6/2/05, 10:31 AM
V6 Member

I understand your question as I did the same thing to avoid Shaker 500. However I don't know the answer as my car hasn't arrived yet...but I think it would be the same.
Old 6/2/05, 10:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm pretty sure it would be the same. The IUP adds the colored door panels, which has no influence from whether or not you have the leather seats. They are independant of one another. The ceiling material is the same in all cars I believe as well.
Old 6/2/05, 10:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

No, there's no difference between the Deluxe leather and the Premium leather. The only difference is between the leather in the V6 and the GT. I don't know about the door panels or anything else though.
Old 6/2/05, 10:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

I believe the "aberdeen" door panels are either part of the IUP or leather package. I can't remember which.
Old 6/2/05, 10:54 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't think there is any difference in the interior other than the Shaker 500 and leather. I ordered Deluxe with leather to save some $$$$ and to avoid Shaker problems. Besides I wouldn't want the radio to drown out the sound of the engine!!!

Neil
Old 6/2/05, 11:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by mustangspeeder@June 2, 2005, 8:41 AM
No, there's no difference between the Deluxe leather and the Premium leather. The only difference is between the leather in the V6 and the GT. I don't know about the door panels or anything else though.
From the photos I've seen at the dealership, there is definitely a difference between the Deluxe Leather and the Premium Leather, but maybe it's as you said, in being different between GT & V-6.
Old 6/2/05, 11:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Giddyup@June 2, 2005, 10:40 AM
From the photos I've seen at the dealership, there is definitely a difference between the Deluxe Leather and the Premium Leather.
It's not in the catalogue that I was given by my dealership when I made my order. The only differences in leather is between the V6 and GT models. The V6 leather is smooth while the GT has holes to allow your back to get some air.
Old 6/2/05, 11:55 AM
GT Member

If you order leather in a GT, you get what is referred to as "Leather-trimmed Sport Bucket Seats" which is the "Arbadeen" leather with the little holes.....they are not really holes but you get the idea.

This differs greatly from the V6 leather, it is a completely different seat and different leather, it does not wrap around as much as the sport buckets.

To get the GT or "Leather-Trimmed Sport Bucket Seats" in a V6 you must get the ICAP (Red Leather) otherwise you get the V6 seats, leather or cloth.

ICAP in a V6 is EXACTLY the same as ICAP in a GT and the ONLY way to get the GT seats in a V6. They are sweet looking and comfortable. wn3d:
Old 6/2/05, 12:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by NDHESQ@June 2, 2005, 9:57 AM
I don't think there is any difference in the interior other than the Shaker 500 and leather. I ordered Deluxe with leather to save some $$$$ and to avoid Shaker problems. Besides I wouldn't want the radio to drown out the sound of the engine!!!

Neil
Neil,

I think the Shaker problems have been addressed by now. I took delivery on 3/24 with the Shaker 1000 and haven't had one problem with it.
Old 6/2/05, 01:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Snets@June 2, 2005, 11:58 AM
If you order leather in a GT, you get what is referred to as "Leather-trimmed Sport Bucket Seats" which is the "Arbadeen" leather with the little holes.....they are not really holes but you get the idea.

This differs greatly from the V6 leather, it is a completely different seat and different leather, it does not wrap around as much as the sport buckets.

To get the GT or "Leather-Trimmed Sport Bucket Seats" in a V6 you must get the ICAP (Red Leather) otherwise you get the V6 seats, leather or cloth.

ICAP in a V6 is EXACTLY the same as ICAP in a GT and the ONLY way to get the GT seats in a V6. They are sweet looking and comfortable.
V6 leather without ICAP has no "holes" and is almost smooth with a slightly wrinkled-looking pattern or grain to it.
Old 6/2/05, 01:39 PM
GT Member

Are the backseats all vinyl no matter which combination you get? I have the Premium GT and mine for sure failed the "leather test."
Old 6/2/05, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by chers2031@June 2, 2005, 1:42 PM
Are the backseats all vinyl no matter which combination you get? I have the Premium GT and mine for sure failed the "leather test."

Seems like everyone gets the vinyl. That really stinks. Sadly its these little corner cuts that give Ford a bad name. I mean even the GTO has full leather (and i know, the GTO MSRP is higher, but the true cost of ownership when you factor in markup on GT's, is probably lower). I really can't believe you guys aren't furious. Ford really pulled a fast one. It's not in the order guide, or the owners manual that 80% of the seating surfaces (when you count the sides and backs) are friggin vinyl.
Old 6/2/05, 04:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

That does kinda annoy me that the perforated leather/sport bucket isn't available on the V6 like the GT. It would be nice for both trims because I don't want red seats and inserts but I want the sport buckets.
Old 6/2/05, 05:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

There's a back seat?
Old 6/2/05, 08:02 PM
Bullitt Member

I asked a similar question about the vinyl back seat in the past, and one of the people on this board said that if you order ICAP the back seats are genuine leather. I haven't been able to verify it though.
Old 6/2/05, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

No, that is not the case. It's vinyl no matter what you order (well except cloth of course).
Old 6/3/05, 04:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by NEK@June 2, 2005, 10:26 AM
OK...can anyone tell me the following...

Would there be any difference in the interior design or material (door panels, ceiling, etc.) between the following two setups:

Mustang GT Premium with IUP
and
Mustang GT Deluxe with IUP and Leather Bucket seats added.

In other words, I don't want the Shaker system...so I thought I would save money by going with the Deluxe and then adding the leather seats. But by doing this, does the Premium package change the door panels, ceiling, etc from leather to cloth or somehting like that? Or to cut to the chase, does it change it at all?

If any of you even understand my poorly worded question...I will be impressed. Twice as much if you also happen to know the answer.
Thanks

That's exactly what I did. The only difference between premium and deluxe is the leather seats and shaker.
Old 6/3/05, 11:36 AM
Bullitt Member

uh...how much does that save? Ordering deluxe with IUP and Leather upgrades over Premium with IUP?

Just curious...

Jay
Old 6/3/05, 11:45 AM
V6 Member

I would be curious if people feel the shaker 500 is worth the difference between the two. Whatever that number is?

Quick Reply: Leather interior question...