2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

LA Auto Show - Guigiaro Mustang Pix

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/06, 06:08 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG you people are too funny. There is no way that the current stang will go up in value just because the new body style comes out, he opposite is always true in fact. This isnt going to be the next mustang, it is a design exercise. Ford is basiclly looking for other ideas outside of their design team and took this opportunity to do just that and get the creative juices flowing. Will the next mustang have some of these styling cues? Possibly, and hopefully. If you can not see the mustang styling in this car you dont know what you are looking for. I think it is obvious. The front end and the grill jut scream mustang, it is the ONLY car that has ever had that face. The hips and fast back are very Mustang, and some of the things that unfortunately arent as noticeable in pics as they are in person are the very subtle muscular lines that add to this beautiful Italian influenced flowing design. It has some very sharp ridges and body lines that cut into the side of the body that have have been a long time signature of a mustang. But I do agree that at a glance I can see how it looks like many other european cars like the BMW, but more so like cars like the new Aston Martins and Jagaur body lines. Funny thing is that not everyone will ever be happy. Most people have been complaining since the introduction of the S197s that it isnt much like European cars and now that it does have some hints of Euro styling everyone is hating it.

Nice pics and vids Bill, did you get them all up yet? I have over 900 pics from the show I still need to upload but havent had an internet connection for the last couple of days, I am using my bosses comp right now at work so perhaps if he wouldnt mind I can start uploading tonight while here.

Oh and Bill, thank you very much for bouncing early before lunch....I had lunch with a couple of the Lambo models!!!!! Very nice girls.
Old 12/1/06, 11:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by G.T
dunno where to start with this one
the front lines are inspired by BMW 6 series I thought the exact same thing!
the rear reminds me of a 350Z I disagree, the quarter window flowing into the rear fenders and trunk is exactly like the current Mustang, only the quarter panel is more horizontal and the rear fenders are larger.
the rear fenders are inspired by the upcoming Challenger or Camaro
the doors are What's wrong with the doors? You mean the doors or the design on the doors?
i like the glass roof!

it's pretty nice, just not a Mustang!
How about those mirrors? They go from truck mirrors to mirrors the size of an eyeball.
Old 12/1/06, 11:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rrobello
Nice pics and vids Bill, did you get them all up yet?

Oh and Bill, thank you very much for bouncing early before lunch....I had lunch with a couple of the Lambo models!!!!! Very nice girls.
Yup, all up on the link I sent you.

btw, You suck. (I'm just jealous)
Old 12/2/06, 01:04 AM

well since I didnt get a PM Im assuming its in an email so Ill check now, and once I get my pics up Ill post a pic of which ones, oh and the hot blonde with the red low cut push up top at the Lotus booth is REALLY nice!!! I got stuck in the booth for about 45 minutes while CBS filmed some shots for a show and I couldnt get out of their area.....or did I not want to????
Old 12/2/06, 09:25 AM
V6 Member

For what this car is it is super hot. Remember it is an Italian concept of the Mustang, not the next body. That said even if it was the next body I would be getting it. As bad as people are saying it is I don't find it as horrible as when I first saw the 94' SN-95. That was a sad day for the stangs which didn't get nice again until 99'. Hate the first SN-95's so much that I would take a 74 over a 94 anyday. As long as Ford never revisits the dark days of the first SN-95 platform I will remain a happy man.
Old 12/2/06, 10:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Xanadu
For what this car is it is super hot. Remember it is an Italian concept of the Mustang, not the next body. That said even if it was the next body I would be getting it. As bad as people are saying it is I don't find it as horrible as when I first saw the 94' SN-95. That was a sad day for the stangs which didn't get nice again until 99'. Hate the first SN-95's so much that I would take a 74 over a 94 anyday. As long as Ford never revisits the dark days of the first SN-95 platform I will remain a happy man.
I'm with you on the '94. I was very disappointed when they came out.
Old 12/2/06, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm headed there on Thursday... maybe I'll get to see it. It looks nice.
Old 12/2/06, 03:38 PM

I might be going back with a friend on Wednesday or Thursday this week
Old 12/2/06, 04:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like it and would buy one if the would change the rear-end