The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Heritage Custom Grill - Moss Motors (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/heritage-custom-grill-moss-motors-450466/)

PaceStang 4/11/07 04:59 PM

Heritage Custom Grill - Moss Motors

Has anyone installed the Heritage Custom Grill, no fogs, on their pony? I have one coming and just wanted to know if it was difficult or not and if you've had any problems with it?:dunno:

06GT 4/11/07 06:02 PM

Pics?

AFBLUE 4/11/07 06:07 PM

link?

PaceStang 4/11/07 06:24 PM

Here's the link http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/View...94&SortOrder=1

WarBird69 4/11/07 06:48 PM

I have the Heritage grill for my GT. I installed it sans the ricey mesh backing, leaving only the chromed corral and "spikes" radiating from the corral and around the pre-existing GT fogs. I think it gives the car a super classy look. I also opted not to put the lower grill stuff on.

Instillation was pretty simple. Remove the grille, drill a few holes, mount the grille overlay, and reinstall.

EDIT: Here's the pic:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...Mustang6-1.jpg

pegasusphototx 4/11/07 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by WarBird69 (Post 889368)
I have the Heritage grill for my GT. I installed it sans the ricey mesh backing, leaving only the chromed corral and "spikes" radiating from the corral and around the pre-existing GT fogs. I think it gives the car a super classy look. I also opted not to put the lower grill stuff on.

Instillation was pretty simple. Remove the grille, drill a few holes, mount the grille overlay, and reinstall.

I have a pic or 2. If I can find them, I'll edit this and add the links.

Yes, please post photos of your install. It sounds clean, and a good option for the look I'm going for. Thanks.

-danny

WarBird69 4/11/07 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx (Post 889378)
Yes, please post photos of your install. It sounds clean, and a good option for the look I'm going for. Thanks.

-danny

Don't have any pics of the install, unfortunately. In hind sight, I should've taken some. It seems having this grille mod is pretty rare, probably because of the steep price for a few pieces of stainless steel.

PaceStang 4/12/07 06:32 AM

What needs to be drilled? I was under the assumption is fit right over the existing grill, per what I read. Your grill looks great Nick!! I love it!! I decided against the fogs but I still think it will give my stang the Classier look, that I'm going for.

06GT 4/12/07 01:42 PM

Whoa. Looks kinda cheesy and a bit too much bling bling for me. :-(

PaceStang 4/12/07 03:47 PM

Cheesy? Ok, guess evveryone is entitled to his/her own opinions. Thanks for the "cheesiness" dude!

DarkFireGT 4/12/07 04:49 PM

It looks a lot better without the mesh, but still not digging it. There's better versions out there, imho.

06GT 4/12/07 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by PaceStang (Post 890003)
Cheesy? Ok, guess evveryone is entitled to his/her own opinions. Thanks for the "cheesiness" dude!

Lol sorry man. I'm an "OEM-look" lover. If it doesn't look like it came from the factory, I don't want it on my car.

PaceStang 4/12/07 05:04 PM

Awwww Maaaaaannnnnn....when did I grow balls?

WarBird69 4/12/07 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by PaceStang (Post 889643)
What needs to be drilled? I was under the assumption is fit right over the existing grill, per what I read. Your grill looks great Nick!! I love it!! I decided against the fogs but I still think it will give my stang the Classier look, that I'm going for.

Its been a while, but I think 2-4 holes need to be drilled in the corners/top of the factory grill so the steel overlay fits snugly. It is secured with washers if I remember correctly. The GT version was actually 4 different pieces (left fog, center piece, right fog, corral backing), but I think I remember reading the V6 version is one piece, or maybe 2 if you count the corral backing. Either way, good luck with your install. I think if you want a classy 60ish look, go for this look minus the mesh crap.

PaceStang 4/12/07 06:17 PM

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the meshy stuff...I like the honeycomb grill. I hope it get it by Saturday. Will look great @ my cruise-in!

BEACHBOY 4/12/07 10:12 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Clean and sweat. Very easy to keep clean........

06GT 4/13/07 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by PaceStang (Post 890093)
Awwww Maaaaaannnnnn....when did I grow balls?

Whoops, sorry, didn't check the name field :o

PaceStang 4/13/07 04:23 PM

So, I get my grille tonight and am ready to install. Yeah right, I do need to drill 4 lil 5/8" holes into my grill so the overlay can snap in! Awww...man....puts a wrench into my install now. I'm not too good with a drill, or at least, on my stang. UGH!!

robair 4/13/07 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by 06GT (Post 890091)
Lol sorry man. I'm an "OEM-look" lover. If it doesn't look like it came from the factory, I don't want it on my car.

I'm with you on this one dude. Original is always better IMHO.(and brings more when selling), but to each his own.

tom_vilsack 4/13/07 05:57 PM

Ill stick my neck out...it looks bad. :bad: