The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Greetings from Germany (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/greetings-germany-391834/)

tuckers 10/13/04 06:43 AM

I have been visiting this site for several months and finally decided to dive in....I ordered a fully loaded 05 GT from AAFES new car sales back in June. I have a VIN and have paperwork stating that the car was built on 27 September. The car is in Baltimore awaiting transportation to Bremmerhaven. I should be able to pick it up mid November. I will post pictures when that happens. I am really enjoying the great information that is shared on this site. I cannot wait to see if I get any second looks from Porsche and Mercedes drivers on the Autobahn. By the way I am an American contractor working for the DoD in Germany.

:-D

migg 10/13/04 06:52 AM

Originally posted by tuckers@October 13, 2004, 6:46 AM
I have been visiting this site for several months and finally decided to dive in....I ordered a fully loaded 05 GT from AAFES new car sales back in June. I have a VIN and have paperwork stating that the car was built on 27 September. The car is in Baltimore awaiting transportation to Bremmerhaven. I should be able to pick it up mid November. I will post pictures when that happens. I am really enjoying the great information that is shared on this site. I cannot wait to see if I get any second looks from Porsche and Mercedes drivers on the Autobahn. By the way I am an American contractor working for the DoD in Germany.

:-D

Servus from Memmingen (Bavaria)! :wave2:

You know a cheap way to import a mustang to gemany?

gamach1 10/13/04 06:53 AM

Welcome to the board my friend. :burnout:

cyoda44 10/13/04 06:55 AM

Buy Tuckers when he leaves Germany.

Wombert 10/13/04 07:04 AM

greetings from Munich, John! Where exactly are you in Germany?
Can't wait to see pics of your ride :nice:

afcop13 10/13/04 07:07 AM

Congrats on the purchase - I got mine through ENCS too........it is on a railcar headed to Tampa.

tuckers 10/13/04 08:06 AM

I live in Herrenberg (near Stuttgart) and work in Vaihingen. If you cannot buy throught AAFES new car sales...you would have to buy in the U.S. and ship back to Germany at your own expense (probably have to pay German taxes and customs)

Wombert 10/13/04 08:12 AM

yeah you have to pay 10% customs and 16% VAT (which makes 27,6% total), but the dollar has been quite weak for some time now (~1.20$ = 1 €)

mach1fever 10/13/04 08:46 AM

Schoene gruesse aus Orlando, hoffentlich kommt deine neue mustang bald. Vielen glueck.

Roger

JustAnotherDude 10/13/04 10:04 AM

tuckers... you got your through a DoD contact, right?

Us civvies can't import stangs that easily from what I understand. As you see on my sig...

RalphBullit 10/13/04 10:16 AM

Hallo!
Ich wohne in Polen,nachstes Jahr will Ich auch der neue Mustang kaufen!
Viel Gluck !

scottie1113 10/13/04 07:03 PM

Originally posted by RalphBullit@October 13, 2004, 10:19 AM
Hallo!
Ich wohne in Polen,nachstes Jahr will Ich auch der neue Mustang kaufen!
Viel Gluck !

Ralph, where are you? I may be in Poland next year. Wouldn't it be great to have a Mustang there?

Have you guys checked out the Europe forum?