2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Got In trouble with my fogs

Old 1/16/06, 11:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonight i was going onto the Causeway and went to pay with the toll tag and a cop standing at the booth motioned for me to stop. i was confused since i had the toll tag as was already going liek 5. when i rolled my window down she yelled at me to turn off my brights and i was like there not on... I had my headlights and fogs. then she got pissed and told me to turn my fogs of "theres no fog out there" so i turned em off and drove off. I know its not a big deal at all. just courious if others had similar expericances like this. because i always drive with all 4 lights on..
Old 1/16/06, 11:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Happens all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I personally have never been pulled over for it, I know several who have. Not to mention the hundreds of people who flash their brights at me cause they think I have mine on.
Old 1/17/06, 12:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

They are just jealous cuz you have a cool car! I get it all the time.
Old 1/17/06, 01:45 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've gotten flashed a couple of times.

dustindu4 got pulled over, I believe.
Old 1/17/06, 03:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by loserpunk603@January 17, 2006, 1:54 AM
Tonight i was going onto the Causeway and went to pay with the toll tag and a cop standing at the booth motioned for me to stop. i was confused since i had the toll tag as was already going liek 5. when i rolled my window down she yelled at me to turn off my brights and i was like there not on... I had my headlights and fogs. then she got pissed and told me to turn my fogs of "theres no fog out there" so i turned em off and drove off. I know its not a big deal at all. just courious if others had similar expericances like this. because i always drive with all 4 lights on..
Although I have never been pulled over I get flashed a good bit. I have the factory stuff AND the roush wired to all be on at the same time....to top that I have silverstars in my factory fogs and the roush driving lights.....I see very well at night and with all 6 lit up on low beam , its brighter than my high beam with the factory fogs going off
Old 1/17/06, 03:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by nicksolheim@January 16, 2006, 11:56 PM
Happens all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I personally have never been pulled over for it, I know several who have. Not to mention the hundreds of people who flash their brights at me cause they think I have mine on.
had someone flash his brights at me for 3seconds, then flick them on and off a couple times at me. I was freaking furious at this a-hole for doin that so i flashed back twice....then i passed the car and saw it was a CHP. they didn flip around and pull me over or anything, and i already had the excuse that i was letting HIM know HIS brights were on lol.
Old 1/17/06, 04:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

I would have refused to turn my fogs off. It is perfectly legal (at least in NJ) to have your fog lights on during any weather condition. If the situation deteriorated into a traffic detainment, I would also advise the officer that he or she should know their place, and that it is to enforce, not create, laws.
Old 1/17/06, 05:15 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by GhostTX@January 17, 2006, 3:48 AM
dustindu4 got pulled over, I believe.
yes

It was funny to make the cop eat crow and prove him wrong. The link to my story is in my signature.
Old 1/17/06, 05:23 AM

"THERE ARE.....FOUR....LIGHTS!!!!" (only a nerd would know what TV show that came from)

On a side note I get flashed all the time by people, particularly in areas with no street lamps. I however find it rude that they flash me and I promptly flash them back. They get the message. One time this guy flashed me from pretty far away and we must have flashed each other back and forth like 6 times, it was funny. My girl thinks it's funny when I flash people back. I've seen other GTs on the road with the fogs on and I don't think it's bright at all.

I would NEVER get silverstars though in my lights, it's bright enough without them and can see the road just fine. I have bad night visibility so the fogs really help me out.
Old 1/17/06, 05:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by dustindu4@January 17, 2006, 7:26 AM
"THERE ARE.....FOUR....LIGHTS!!!!" (only a nerd would know what TV show that came from)

Head nerd reporting! ST:TNG David Warner as Gul Madred in "Chain Of Command"
I am such a nerd!!

BTW, they are actually driving lights not fog lights. The manual is incorrect.
Old 1/17/06, 06:17 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The day a cop pulls me over for having fog lights on I'll just tell him to give me a ticket and point out all the other cars driving with fog lights on. I'd be more than happy to go to court on this one.
Old 1/17/06, 06:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@January 17, 2006, 7:20 AM
The day a cop pulls me over for having fog lights on I'll just tell him to give me a ticket and point out all the other cars driving with fog lights on. I'd be more than happy to go to court on this one.

I totally agree.....write away.

I've only had a few people flash me and I always drive with them on.
Old 1/17/06, 06:23 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@January 17, 2006, 6:13 AM
I would have refused to turn my fogs off. It is perfectly legal (at least in NJ) to have your fog lights on during any weather condition. If the situation deteriorated into a traffic detainment, I would also advise the officer that he or she should know their place, and that it is to enforce, not create, laws.
Yes, you try that. Here's a little hint - if you do something like that, and the officer happens to be someone with a, shall we say, authority complex, the officer will find something to legitimately ticket you on.
Let's see, the choice between turning off the fogs for a few miles vs. the time and money of the stop itself and possibly going to court. Yeah, I hate it too when cops insist their wrong interpretation of the law is the correct one, but you flip the switch to off and go on your way.
Old 1/17/06, 06:27 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Tiberius1701@January 17, 2006, 7:54 AM
I am such a nerd!!

BTW, they are actually driving lights not fog lights. The manual is incorrect.
:geek: Picard said that line, Madred was trying to get him to say five.
Old 1/17/06, 06:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by HastaLaVista@January 17, 2006, 7:26 AM
Yes, you try that. Here's a little hint - if you do something like that, and the officer happens to be someone with a, shall we say, authority complex, the officer will find something to legitimately ticket you on.
Let's see, the choice between turning off the fogs for a few miles vs. the time and money of the stop itself and possibly going to court. Yeah, I hate it too when cops insist their wrong interpretation of the law is the correct one, but you flip the switch to off and go on your way.
I've gotta disagree with you on this one. He/she could look all they want and they wouldn't find anything wrong with the Stang. Sure, it'd be quicker and less hassle to just turn them off, but this one would be worth a small battle.
Old 1/17/06, 06:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

The "THERE ARE.....FOUR....LIGHTS!!!!" came from Star Trek the next generation. I'm a nerd to ....i guess
Old 1/17/06, 07:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've been flashed a couple of times. I just flash back - the brights are really bright - so they get the hint.
Old 1/17/06, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sometimes if I'm just cruising, I run all 4 on at night. However, if I'm going to be driving her hard (which I usually do), I just run with headlights because it's too easy to attract attention with the fogs.

I turned all 4 on last night because I know that they look cool and some friends from India were checking out my car. I downshifted and floored it next to them and about 2 seconds later realized that a cop was coming the other way.

I never got much above the speed limit, so it didn't really matter (I don't think he had his radar on anyway, I didn't get anything from my detector).

The cop flashed me, and at first I thought he was trying to tell me to quit messing around and stomping on the gas while at 5K RPM, but probably he just didn't like the driving lights.
Old 1/17/06, 07:32 AM

Originally posted by Tiberius1701@January 17, 2006, 7:54 AM
I am such a nerd!!
You even know the actor and the name of the episode? That's really pathetic!
Old 1/17/06, 09:03 AM

I just don't want to be pulled over for my lights and get written up for no front plate. Need the front plate here in CA.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got In trouble with my fogs