2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Got Pulled Over This Morning, First Time

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/05, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@March 15, 2005, 9:58 PM
Dern it all... I thought not having my front plate would help ... oh well, I will be fighting it. I dont know why it went off, I was making a legal right hand turn, but I was in the intersection on a red. Is it possible they will see I was making a right turn and not issue a ticket?
That would depend on whether or not that intersection had a camera or video capture system. If it is just a camera then you will have to explain to the judge that you were making a legal right turn from a red light. If it is a video system then that will be your proof.

Did you get a picture of your car or something?
Old 3/15/05, 10:09 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

As I made the turn, I saw the flashbulbs go off, thats how I know I set off the cameras. I dont know the intersection very well, but always look on the pole to make sure right on reds are legal. No sign, I turn. I thought because I was turning it wouldnt have gotten my rear end, and I have no front plate.
Old 3/16/05, 06:31 AM

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@March 15, 2005, 11:12 PM
As I made the turn, I saw the flashbulbs go off, thats how I know I set off the cameras. I dont know the intersection very well, but always look on the pole to make sure right on reds are legal. No sign, I turn. I thought because I was turning it wouldnt have gotten my rear end, and I have no front plate.

If you get a ticket in the mail there should be a photo with it. If you do get it and it shows you with a blinker on, the wheels turned, or your car entering a turn then take the photo to court with you and you should be able to get it dismissed.
Old 3/16/05, 07:58 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If your waving at the camera or on a cell phone in the photo then your screwed.
Otherwise you have a chance!!
Unless they cant see you through the illegal tint
Old 3/16/05, 11:56 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by cwacaster@March 15, 2005, 9:36 PM
I agree that limo tint makes a cops life harder. So do most of our freedoms, the bill of rights, and so on. In states that don't have it, the death rate isn't measurably higher than in states that do have laws against it. It could be solved much better with a policy that cops that pull people over just say, "roll down your windows" over their PA.

Obviously people can't see our lights or hear our sirens when we are going to an emergency call or when we are trying to move traffic to over take a different car, so, what would lead you to believe you could hear a voice say "roll down your windows" over their PA. ?????????

If everyone had common sense and used it, then everyone with dark tinted windows would roll their windows down when they were stopped by the police without being told to do so, just because it was the right thing to do. As a result there would be no legislation required to force some type of compliance to a law that may or may not be warranted.

BUT, as you know, most people that have common sense all ready know that so they just accept the fact that most laws are caused by the idiots who fail to use or have common sense.

Realistically, if it weren't for law enforcement helping to maintain some type of measurable accountability for your actions as you deal with others in society then believe it or not, there are human beings that would resort to a more animalistic approach to life. You see without some type of accountability you would be living in a National Geographic video. A more dominant human would see that you had something he wanted, or you failed to avert your gaze, or maybe he was just horny and now you have to suffer the consequences of being just a little less dominate by being force to submit to him HOWEVER he chooses. That is, if you are lucky enough only to be beaten into submission instead of killed.

So, in the future you can look at the small laws as being bothersome or you can appreciate them for being the little things that keep people from doing really bad things.
Couldn't have said it any better brother
Old 3/16/05, 12:39 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Bob, LMAO!!! Right on, I wasnt on the phone, and I wasnt waving to the camera!

Seriously, *IF* I get the ticket then I will be fighting it. Cant remember if I had my blinker on, I use it most times, so chances are I did... but, I have forgotten.

There is always the chance a different car set off the cameras, and I wont be the one getting the ticket after all. Since I was turning, I didnt see if anyone went through at the same time.
Old 3/17/05, 01:16 AM

Well, I posed this very question with a couple of officers sitting in the room tonight and this wound up creating quite the little discussion.

Everyone seemed to agree that the California Vehicle Code says that you must not enter an intersection when the light is red. You are considered to have entered the intersection when your front tires cross the second white limit line just prior to the start of the intersection. Neither officer had any problem with not completely clearing an intersecton by the time the light turns red.

Then we went on to discuss red light cameras and one officer was almost positive the camera is triggered by a person entering the intersection AFTER the light has gone red. Specifically, the camera is only triggered when you cross the second white limit line that defines the start of the intersection after the light is red. Therefore, you would be in the clear if you truly entered the intersection on a yellow.

So, by a very unscientific vote of 3-0 it looks like you were in the clear. Why the strobes flashed who knows. Perhaps there was another vehicle who you didn't see who ran the light and triggered the camera.

On a side note, we also discussed those drivers who (and we all do it - myself included) pull into an intersection on a green attempting to make a left turn, but wind up sitting there a bit waiting for oncoming traffic to clear before we make the left. Except, the light turns red while you're still out there waiting for traffic to clear and you're technically running the red before you get to make the turn. One officer says no harm no foul, but admits he has no problem going after those additional 2 or 3 cars that always try to sneak around the corner following the first driver because they don't feel like waiting for the light to cycle thru again. However, both agreed that if they really wanted to be a jerk they could technically cite driver #1 for the section that covers impeading cross traffic because once the light went red you were (by legal definition) blocking the intersection. They admitted it would be a cheesy ticket, especially if it was only for one or two seconds, but they said it would be a legal ticket.

HTH's.
Old 3/17/05, 06:48 AM

Ok JessicaRabbit, where were you when the alleged incident occurred? That way we can get you a definitive answer to your question, otherwise people from every other State in the Union will have a completely different answer for you. :bang: :bang:
Old 3/17/05, 07:56 AM

Well, seeing as she's a member of Sufside Mustangs I took a chance and assumed she's in SoCal.

A huge risk on my part I know, but.....
Old 3/18/05, 08:19 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I havent put mine on either - I see so many new vettes and other sports cars without them.

Hopefully the Police will leave me alone.
Old 4/13/05, 06:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I finally took the plunge and put the front plate on. GOD I hated putting those screwed into my bumper. What a horrible thing. I even went to the dealer and offered to buy a front plate frame. "No such animal" was parts guy response. You just have to screw the plate onto the bumper.

I view this as the biggest mistake they made on this car.

Old 4/13/05, 07:25 PM
Cobra Member

Ford should have at least given the GT a flat spot on the bumper like the v6's. I do like the more rounded look of the GT bumper, but making it easier to screw the plate in would have been nice. I had to use some longer screws that I got from Advance Auto Parts to install mine, the ones my work had were too short due to the curve of the bumper.
Old 4/13/05, 07:49 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

It's a good idea to put something like weather stripping on the back of the plate so it doesn't ding up your bumper so bad.
Old 4/13/05, 10:03 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

its the law in washington - but not heavily enforced. as I sat waiting to get my leak fixed I spoke with a WSP officer who told me that if there isnt an obvious place to put the plate - chance are they will ignore it, Corvettes being the number one baddies on breaking this law.
He told me its illegal to have the plate on the dash in this state... doesnt qualify as a front plate location.
Also told me the kids move the plate off the dash board as a signal they want to race... so the cops are cracking down on them. He told me it would be unlikey that I would get pulled over for the missing front plate because there is no obvious plate holder on the car.. and Im old... :cry:
Old 4/13/05, 10:17 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm so glad I live in Louisiana where they do not require front plates.
Least not at this time :P