The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Got The Call! - Now with pictures! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/got-call-now-pictures-394390/)

Kluski 11/18/04 07:35 AM

Since I kept bugging my dealer to see when it would be here, I think he got great pleasure in calling the first thing this morning. That way he knew I would have to wait till I got off work. :jester:

He called yesterday to say that it was loaded onto a truck in Michigan and therefore should be here by the weekend. So it is a day early. I can handle that.

But it is here, and I have to wait 7 more hours. I am totally useless right now. In fact, I am just staring at these threads. I am not reading them, I am just thinking of driving the new baby home.

I will have plenty of pictures to post after I pick it up (and drive around).

KenP 11/18/04 07:59 AM

***Cough****,****Cough****,****Hack****

Is that the flu I hear, got to go home and get over it. :)

......and make a quick stop at the dealer, I mean drug store.

Cmon Chris be creative!!!!

Congrats, Hope its not to painfull dragging those 7 hours out.

-Ken

Radman 11/18/04 08:01 AM

Congrats! Mine is scheduled for Delivery between the 18th and 25th so it could be any day now.

Jason

Fastbackman 11/18/04 11:28 AM

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics.

freebass55 11/18/04 11:35 AM

Dude, I wold definitely take the rest of the day off. Priorities! :jester:

SixtySix 11/18/04 11:40 AM

Thankfully my boss is a car nut, all I'll have to say is, "It's here" and he'll tell me to go get it :nice:

Enjoy, I know I will be in few weeks!

tekman13 11/18/04 11:43 AM

Hahaha...just tell your boss your mustang is HERE. I'm sure he will understand. :-D

Especially if you take him for a drive in it...:drive:

:peace:

jimascenz 11/18/04 04:40 PM

Tell your boss that call was from your doctor. You have Mad Horse Disease! :spin:

38special 11/18/04 05:51 PM

Ah. Mustang foreplay! :banana:

hispony 11/18/04 06:09 PM

When you separate yourself from the car, some observations:

You look pale.
Your forehead feels really warm.
You've been *CHOOSE BODILY FUNCTION* all night. :shock:
Your throat is sore and your glands feel swollen.

I called my wife, a doctor recommends you stay home tomorrow and get some fresh air by driving with ventilation :-D

wild stray 11/18/04 10:17 PM

What he said!

Enfynet 11/18/04 10:41 PM

I got my call today too... at 3pm. However I worked til 8:30 and live a half hour from there. The dealership closed at 9, but I did get to see it in the garage getting cleaned when I drove through the lot. I switched my schedule for Saturday to go pick it up. :)

... I only WISH I could call in sick. (stupid entertainment business)

Kluski 11/19/04 06:04 AM

My old T-Bird and my new Mustang. The dealer want to give me $800 for the T-Bird. KBB said $2000 for a trade-in. So I kept the T-bird

Kluski 11/19/04 06:05 AM

While my wife and me were looking at it, the neighbor (a preacher) asks what did I get (it was dark - so he couldn't see it). I said and 05 Mustang. He about passed out. He said he loves that car and really wants one. I said sorry if I wake you in the morning with the loud exhaust noise. He said he would love it, it would be music to his ears. He would not sit in it b/c he though he would not get out. We talked a little while. I told him that some of them had a whinning noise when decelerating. He laughed, and told me that I will hear a whinning too. But it will be coming from him and not the car.

Kluski 11/19/04 06:06 AM

My wife wanted to see how much room was in the trunk. Apparently it is 5" wide (She is 4"-11")

Kluski 11/19/04 06:07 AM

The trunk is wide and deep.

I don't like the placement of the trunk light. When the lid is open, it only lights the front part of the trunk, not the whole trunk. I guess I can deal with that.

Kluski 11/19/04 06:09 AM

The dealer honored X-plan. I had one thru my step dad, but would need to get him involve. The bad part was he lives 8 hrs away. So the dealer contacted a friend and got me an xplan thru him. Therefore I did not need to drag my step-dad up here for anything. That was great.

Kluski 11/19/04 06:10 AM

I tried taking some with the fogs on, but it ended up only showing the lights, and not the car. So I turned off the fogs

Burke0011 11/19/04 06:10 AM

Sweet man!! :banana:

You got your Pony!
Congrats man - love that color - my sister-in-law's Redfire should hopefully show up within the next week or so.

Wow - that's all they wanted to give you for the T-bird?.... It'll be more of a hassle but sell it on your own - you'll definitely rake in more $$....

And LOVE that last pic - need to drop a word bubble in there like "I'd rather ride in the trunk than not get to ride in an '05 at all!"

Kluski 11/19/04 06:10 AM

And then tried on with a flash