2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Got The Call...It's Almost Here!

Search this Thread

Old 3/27/07, 10:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I was ready to swap the shifter **** but I like it a lot now. All the additional textures and colors/finishes in the premier group do make you feel all warm and fuzzy driving around...

I got yet another 04 M3('vert this time) in today as a trade for a re-fresh of one the favorite 'comparo' cars on here-and the interior looks a little basic next to the Mustang's when they are all dolled up. The gauges look like printed paper card stock and all the orange lighting with the $6 alarm clock orange digital displays definitely disappoint. It's also not holding up very well after just a couple years.
Old 3/28/07, 05:29 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Is true.

I have begun manifesting somnambulant behaviour.
I KNOW it is. I think I've been there before.
But don't worry. You'll be sleeping like a baby by the end of the summer.

Old 3/28/07, 05:43 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
I KNOW it is. I think I've been there before.
But don't worry. You'll be sleeping like a baby by the end of the summer.

I'll get me some of that Ambien CR. Then I can start "sleep driving".

That'd be good.

Old 3/28/07, 07:09 AM
Cobra Member

Welcome to the group. Congrats on the new arrival!
Old 3/28/07, 08:41 AM
Cobra Member

Congrats on the car, you mentioned this earlier, that our cars were built during the same week. I am still waiting to hear that mine is at the dealership as it arrived at the freight yard last week so I am hoping to hear something soon. Sorry to hear about the seat goof up but these things happen, oh by the way you suck for getting yours before me......

again congrats and I wish you the best while the miles rack up

Old 3/28/07, 03:26 PM
Closet American

Well, looks like the whole process is back on hold again.

The new GT that was being used as the "donor" car for the red seats is a convertible - and the back seats are thus different, so the swap doesn't work.

Last I heard, he was going to try to find another solution.

But as of right now, it ain't looking too good.
Old 3/28/07, 04:09 PM

Pssssssss... . . . B U L L I T T ! ! ! . . . B U L L I T T ! ! ! . . . B U L L I T T ! ! !

Old 3/28/07, 04:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear all your hard luck...When I started looking for a new Mustang my first choice was the Redfire with the red interior...It looked so good in the book...Then I seen one in person 1 year latter in 2006, it was a 2005...The red seemed to fade some what from what I remember...I then changed my mind to the black interior...

Over the next 4 months I finally decided on a Black Mustang with the black interior...Something about the black interior that is very Cool if you know what I mean...I think the Redfire with Black interior is very Hot...I almost went with that but, many Women friends said "Black Mustang with Black interior" I could not be any Happier...

Good luck with what happens...The Black interior is a good choice...take care...
Old 3/28/07, 04:20 PM
Closet American

Pssssssss... . . . B U L L I T T ! ! ! . . . B U L L I T T ! ! ! . . . B U L L I T T ! ! !

I already told Dan today that if we can't make THIS car work, to put me down as #1 on the list at his dealership for an '08 Bullitt. At least I know after all of this that they'll likely sell me a Bullitt at MSRP. Not sure what is going on with the NAV for '08 - but after having played with it again last night - it's a MUST HAVE for me.

Next step is to check other British Columbia dealerships to see if anyone else has an '07 coupe with the red interior (including the airbags and heated seats).

I leave it in the hands of fate. What will be will be...
Old 3/28/07, 04:23 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by VegasGold
The Black interior is a good choice...take care...
I honestly don't like the black. Too drab. But again, it's personal preference. On the Bullitt, I would accept it, cause it's a special edition and the seats are likely to have a different stitch pattern.

If I'm getting a "regular" GT, however, then I want it as "purtied up" as possible and exactly as ordered.
Old 3/28/07, 04:33 PM
Cobra Member

Have you and/or the dealer investigated reskinning the seats as mentioned earlier. It really isn't a big job, nor it is hard, but it obviously takes a little time. The black that's removed could be sold on ebay and recoup a lot of the cost of the red covers. Maybe you could work a deal where you pay for the covers (at cost of course) and they cover the labor? Might work. Dunno...
Old 3/28/07, 04:50 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by RobK
Have you and/or the dealer investigated reskinning the seats as mentioned earlier. It really isn't a big job, nor it is hard, but it obviously takes a little time. The black that's removed could be sold on ebay and recoup a lot of the cost of the red covers. Maybe you could work a deal where you pay for the covers (at cost of course) and they cover the labor? Might work. Dunno...
Frankly, I'm a little confused on these "skins." Are we talking about Ford OEM skins? If so, I suppose that might be another last, LAST resort.

I would be prepared to pay for it (if reasonable) given everything they've gone through trying to rectify this for me - though my guess is they'd have to find a local upholstery place to do it. I've also heard reskinning can cause problems if you have side mounted airbags; as in it can't be done.
Old 3/28/07, 04:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yup, the leather that covers the seats is a part just like a lug nut. If I keep a car for over 3 years, I usually replace the driver's leather.
Old 3/28/07, 05:00 PM

... What will be will be...
I didn't know you were a Doris Day afecionado.
Que sera, sera!

Old 3/28/07, 05:02 PM
Closet American

I didn't know you were a Doris Day afecionado.
I'm learning to be.

Actually, I'm more of a Shirley Bassey fan, but "Diamonds Are Forever" doesn't really apply to my situation - other than the fact Connery did drive a red Mustang with a red interior.

At least he got to drive one.
Old 3/28/07, 05:04 PM
Cobra Member

Frankly, I'm a little confused on these "skins." Are we talking about Ford OEM skins? If so, I suppose that might be another last, LAST resort.

I would be prepared to pay for it (if reasonable) given everything they've gone through trying to rectify this for me - though my guess is they'd have to find a local upholstery place to do it. I've also heard reskinning can cause problems if you have side mounted airbags; as in can't be done.
Yeah, to clarify I was referring to the OEM leather upholstery. It can be purchased over the counter as a replacment part as mentioned. I don't believe it can't be replaced with side airbags - they put it on at the seat plant didn't they? It's not a real tough proposition. It's just a matter of pulling the seat out, removing the back from the base and unzipping or removing some hog rings. An upholstery shop could probably do the entire job in about an hour. With the seats out of course. Then you can take the freshly removed leather and sell it to me so I have a backup set! Or, you can sell it for a few clams on ebay for the folks who want to upgrade their cloth.
Old 3/28/07, 05:11 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by kevinb120
Yup, the leather that covers the seats is a part just like a lug nut. If I keep a car for over 3 years, I usually replace the driver's leather.
Creates a problem if you have the side airbags, though...does it not?
Old 3/28/07, 05:19 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by RobK
Yeah, to clarify I was referring to the OEM leather upholstery. It can be purchased over the counter as a replacment part as mentioned. I don't believe it can't be replaced with side airbags - they put it on at the seat plant didn't they? It's not a real tough proposition. It's just a matter of pulling the seat out, removing the back from the base and unzipping or removing some hog rings. An upholstery shop could probably do the entire job in about an hour. With the seats out of course. Then you can take the freshly removed leather and sell it to me so I have a backup set! Or, you can sell it for a few clams on ebay for the folks who want to upgrade their cloth.
I suspect the reason he hasn't suggested reskinning is because even if we split the cost, the dealership is really starting to lose money on this deal. I'm buying the car for $500 over dealer invoice, so they're not making much as it is.

This situation is quickly putting them in the red (no pun intended).
Old 3/28/07, 05:27 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That stinks. As Bill Clinton was found of saying, "I feel your pain"
Old 3/28/07, 05:41 PM
Cobra Member

I suspect the reason he hasn't suggested reskinning is because even if we split the cost, the dealership is really starting to lose money on this deal. I'm buying the car for $500 over dealer invoice, so they're not making much as it is.

This situation is quickly putting them in the red (no pun intended).
Don't worry, they're making more than $500. There's holdback and a few other kicks they get in the mix. Also, if they're donating labor, they're not paying nearly what they're charging. So, in the end they probably wouldn't be out much if anything. Plus they really want you to come back to them for service. That's where they make their real money.