2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Gauge Bezel blemish

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/05, 09:38 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[attachmentid=20482]I was cleaning my dash and found this on the inside lip of my tach bezel it looks like a blob of jb weld or some type of filler. I have never used any solvent or chemicals on my gauge bezels only clean microfiber cloths and Plexis which is specifcly for clear plastic. I also noticed that the chrome(chrome Paint) did not completly cover the area between the speedo and tach bezels at he bottom. So whin I went in for my first oil change I asked the sevice advisor to take al look at it. I should have know I was in trouble when she asked me what yr model my car was :scratch: So after a few more :scratch: she came over and informed me thats the way the chrome was supposed to be even though I just looked at three other models on the show room floor which were done right, and then she informed me I would need to take my car back to the selling dealer 200 miles away to get the blob looked at. Love that good old Ford waranty! anybody got any ideas as to what it is or how to remove it?
Old 5/8/05, 09:56 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What year is it??? - It's supposed to be like that??? You've got to be joking. I'd find the service manager at that dealer. Ford's warranty does not say it's only good at the place you bought it. Let them fix it, because if YOU screw it up, then it WON'T be under warranty.
Old 5/8/05, 12:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@May 8, 2005, 9:59 AM
What year is it??? - It's supposed to be like that??? You've got to be joking. I'd find the service manager at that dealer. Ford's warranty does not say it's only good at the place you bought it. Let them fix it, because if YOU screw it up, then it WON'T be under warranty.

DITTO
Old 5/9/05, 07:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
And take him or her to the other cars in the showroom and have them look at the cars that are done right.