The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Front seat strap (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/front-seat-strap-402074/)

hot4rd 3/1/05 03:01 PM

I didn't find this on a search. What is the little strap for that is on the back of the front seats and is attached to the bottem seat?? It can be seen when the door is opened,it is right on the side of the seat back. The thing is magnetic I think....

Nichole 3/1/05 03:03 PM

It holds the seat belt so it's easier to grab.

Big D 3/1/05 03:11 PM

hehe nice nicole!! bet he feels dumb :P

outdoorstom 3/1/05 03:35 PM

Originally posted by Big D@March 1, 2005, 4:14 PM
hehe nice nicole!! bet he feels dumb :P

\

Why should he feel dumb? That's what this forum is all about....helping each other learn!

Big D 3/1/05 03:40 PM

yea...i guess lol

RaGsHoCkEy88 3/1/05 04:18 PM

i never knew what it was for either

EleanorsMine 3/1/05 04:28 PM

Its the flux capacitor.....

:jester:

aponyfan 3/1/05 09:49 PM

I thought the flux capacitor was the little, blinking, Y-shaped thingy (that's a technocal term) under the secret panel in the back of the drivers seat...

*?*

Sorry, way too tired and trying to avoid any real work.

Couldn't resist.

basicblack 3/2/05 06:57 AM

"Holds the sealtbelt?" I don't see it happening, and mine will not stay snapped to the bottom of the seat. I was confused as to what it was also, and guess what - I still am. Maybe mine are broken. Or maybe I am just ignorant.

hgriz 3/2/05 07:20 AM

Originally posted by basicblack@March 2, 2005, 9:00 AM
"Holds the sealtbelt?" I don't see it happening, and mine will not stay snapped to the bottom of the seat. I was confused as to what it was also, and guess what - I still am. Maybe mine are broken. Or maybe I am just ignorant.

No you're right it doesn't do an extremely good job of holding it. It stays okay, but if you move the seatback forward to get to the back seat it almost always comes undone. It pops off at other random times as well. Maybe some of them hold better than others. Regardless that is what it's for.

adrenalin 3/2/05 08:08 AM

The older cars actually used a "snap". Now we are stuck with a magnet, and not even one of the good "rare earth magnets" that hold like there is no tomorrow. I find the strap always comes off. Anyhow, basicblack, go through the owners manual and you will see that it is, as others have already said, intended to hold the seatbelt in a way that makes it easier for you to reach. I can't count how many times my wife gets in the passenger seat and is strugling to reach the seatbelt because it is not in the holder.

Segal 1/19/18 03:51 PM

Seat belt holder

Would any one be interested in buying a seat belt holder that is at the top of the seat? I can manufacture them.

Ford did not make a seat belt holder for the 2005 to 2009 as far as I know.

Segal

Wolf Mxbee 1/20/18 01:27 AM

I would be interested as I’m debating on staying stock for. While or to get special or some recalls or just retrofit the 10’+ seats

Segal 1/20/18 04:40 AM

front seat strap

Wolf Mxbee: When I get them made I will make a post to you. It is a pain to reach for the seat belt, that is why I am going to start manufacturing them.
You would think Ford would still be putting them on the seats. They stopped putting them on seats in 2004.

Segal

07 Boss 1/24/18 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Segal (Post 7024462)
Seat belt holder

Would any one be interested in buying a seat belt holder that is at the top of the seat? I can manufacture them.

Segal

I might be interested. My bursitis is getting bad and sometimes it actually hurts to reach back for the belt. Stay young folks, sucks getting old.

Wolf Mxbee 1/26/18 03:32 PM

I am about 6'2 and i sit about half a foot from the backseat and have my seat straight up for a more firm fit and comfort and I agree, it hurts to put my arm over my shoulder or reach my arm back without having to face the seatbelt, I know its a small complaint but small details like that will save time so i am most definitely interested.

MustangGuy 2/14/18 02:08 PM

I would also be interested Pics? Price? Thanks

Glenn 2/15/18 11:25 AM

I have a clip holding mine so when I undo the seat belt it does not recoil. I just lay the belt next to the seat.

MustangGuy 2/25/18 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Segal (Post 7024462)
Seat belt holder

Segal

Please keep us informed!:nice: