Old 6/29/06, 05:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Already posted.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=49353
Old 6/29/06, 05:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suggest that this not be moved, it will see more of a response here. I want to be the first to congratulate Ford on making this. Finally facing reality and actually having a plan to do something about it.
Old 6/29/06, 09:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Makes you sad to see what might be in the future if people continue to buy foreign cars over American cars. Buy American!
Old 6/30/06, 10:35 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To change to survive, you have to shake up the status quo.

I like it.
Old 6/30/06, 11:01 AM
Bullitt Member

At least Ford is finally acknowledging there is a problem! Hopefully they can turn it around.
Old 6/30/06, 10:31 PM
Cobra R Member

lets hope so it will be tough though, i think the big trick is to have bill ford go drive around europe for a year, see what a proper drivers car is.... lol

just seems like topgear is oh so right, americans just like going in straight lines.

i think the most imprtant thing to come out of the video is the line about "Ford has to come out with new fresh designs, not just copy designs from foreign manufacturers and hope to sell competitively." other comanies have better product for less money, thats the end of it.
Old 7/1/06, 03:40 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Cheese302
i think the most imprtant thing to come out of the video is the line about "Ford has to come out with new fresh designs, not just copy designs from foreign manufacturers and hope to sell competitively." other comanies have better product for less money, thats the end of it.
Time to stop talking about it and get it done. Talk is cheap and there are still many straightforward things they need to be doing that they're not.
Old 7/1/06, 03:45 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by newbreedgt05
Makes you sad to see what might be in the future if people continue to buy foreign cars over American cars. Buy American!
Makes you sad that the American auto industry built crap for 25 years and then now try to foist the blame on the public because the public chooses to buy imports that generally provide a superior ownership experience in return for their hard-earned dollars.

And don't even get me started on Ford customer service. There are endless complaints on this board about it.

Hopefully the company is starting to "get it," though I still see plenty of evidence that they don't.
Old 7/2/06, 08:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Makes you sad that the American auto industry built crap for 25 years and then now try to foist the blame on the public because the public chooses to buy imports that generally provide a superior ownership experience in return for their hard-earned dollars.

And don't even get me started on Ford customer service. There are endless complaints on this board about it.

Hopefully the company is starting to "get it," though I still see plenty of evidence that they don't.
Hello my friend. Sorry to hear you think the 1993 Cobra is a peice of crap being that is was built in the past 25 years. There are a lot of other good examples IMO.
Attached Thumbnails Ford Bold Moves Video-93cobra.jpg  
Old 7/2/06, 08:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by newbreedgt05
+1
Old 7/2/06, 09:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

+2
Old 7/2/06, 09:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Oh the Euro dealers give you coffee - yippee!!! Like the customer service on my BMW when the put me in an office and closed the door to tell me that my oil change was going to be $300. I told them they weren't going to shake me down like the mob. Then when I went to pay the price was only $175. What great customer service. NOT
Or how bout when I tried a Saab Viggen and one of my pristine Viggen wheels was switced out and I went right back and said I would go to the police and they gave me a new one out of the box. I didn't know dealers just gave away new rims out of the box for no reason. I traded the car the next week. Just an opinion.
Old 7/2/06, 09:27 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Inovation and creation of a high quality product that lasts at a good price that the public needs with great service makes you a winner .
Toyota has stated that they will be the number 1 of the top 3 within 10 years.
It takes years to win customer loyalty in some case's and one bad car or service experiance can ruin that very quickly to the point where they never buy that product again.

I Can say Bill Ford is on the right track since he has taken over Ford and I'm Proud of what has been done for the product ..the 2005 Mustang is one of the best examples of getting it togeather and bringing the best out of the company .
Old 7/2/06, 09:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2005GTDELUXE
Oh the Euro dealers give you coffee - yippee!!! Like the customer service on my BMW when the put me in an office and closed the door to tell me that my oil change was going to be $300. I told them they weren't going to shake me down like the mob. Then when I went to pay the price was only $175. What great customer service. NOT
Or how bout when I tried a Saab Viggen and one of my pristine Viggen wheels was switced out and I went right back and said I would go to the police and they gave me a new one out of the box. I didn't know dealers just gave away new rims out of the box for no reason. I traded the car the next week. Just an opinion.
Yeah, they were asking $300 for each tire for my wife's VW, charging $70 for the oil change, and told us that the front rotors need to be replaced for $450 after 35K miles.
Oh, I forgot to mention, they had free coffee in the dealership.
We decided to trade in that thing after 3 years of rip off.
Old 7/3/06, 02:10 AM
Cobra Member

i agree with you my parents have HORROR stories about toyota .. ford was the only company that would give our so-so credit a chance and we havent let them down and with good APR's to boot! theyve been the best and i cant in my heart, bring myself to buy a foreign car i just cant its not right. i could not sleep knowing i helped hard working americans lose theyre jobs for a couple corporate japanese people to be rich and buy more robots. i also feel awkward in any other car .. i rented a GM van once to move and after working at the dealer and driving my fathers E150 and 250 ..i dont know something just felt off. I love ford .. alot of people hate them and arent even sure why!

my girlfriend comes from a long line a auto idiots. her mother just traded her 02 civic because it kept stalling every other day for no reason and nobody was able to fix it ( omg a civic..that impossible i know *insert sarcasm here*) and kept calling my girls mustang a POS american car..but kept calling her when the civic died ... the stangs got 109k on it now..runs perfect..then bought a scion.....same person complaining she cant find a decent job ...oh well ...when i met my girlfriend she had a nissan stanza and i picked out her used car a 98 mustang v6 and she has a order in for a 07 v6 mustang convert due in beginning of august and would love to get a explorer if she had the funds... once i exposed her to the hypocrisy that surrounds the public, the media and ford she would now never buy anything foreign and is now a ford chick

my toyota dealer washed my car for me! ..well yea ..they probably hosed you for 7k on your car so they dont mind hosing your car either... i get my mustang for 800 over invoice im not expecting the manager to take me to TGI fridays afterwards
Old 7/3/06, 02:58 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Let me just throw in for a added statement that I do not own a Toyota ,Honda or any other foreign car or truck ,I stated that toyota had said it was going to be number 1 within 10 years .
My car and trucks that I own are all North American ..Ford and Chev.
Old 7/4/06, 03:38 AM
Closet American

None of which has anything to do with poor quality service from Ford dealers. And BMW is a bad example. Why? Because BMW is not facing financial collapse. You might wish to consider arguing that Ford ought to raise the bar for customer service in order to recapture customer loyalty and market share, as opposed to making excuses for Ford by equating their poor service to "other companies poor service."

What I hear you saying is: "Well, those guys are doing a crappy job of service, too, so why shouldn't Ford be allowed to do a crappy job of service?"

Is that seriously what you're advocating?
Old 7/4/06, 03:42 AM
Closet American

Hello my friend. Sorry to hear you think the 1993 Cobra[SIZE=2] is a peice of crap being that is was built in the past 25 years.
Don't be sorry. Facts are facts whether we happen to like them or not. The American auto industry is in trouble because it dropped the ball and built inferior vehicles, while the imports (Japanese in particular) focused on quality, efficiency, and giving customers what they wanted.

Quick Reply: Ford Bold Moves Video