The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Ford $299 Million Air Bag Settlement (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/ford-299-million-air-bag-settlement-546305/)

fmstang68 11/7/18 03:16 PM

Ford $299 Million Air Bag Settlement

1 Attachment(s)
Just received this notice in the mail concerning the Air Bag mess. You may want to check it out.

Coatpa 11/26/18 11:27 AM

The recall has been out for a while now. I had mine done earlier this year, 2007 v6 with 141k miles.

SpectreH 11/27/18 06:24 AM

I threw the notice away. Why sue Ford? They replaced the airbags as parts became available. Tacata is the real culprit here, they knowingly sold faulty parts to Ford. Lawyers will get rich over this and throw us "victims" a few crumbs.

wanted33 11/28/18 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by SpectreH (Post 7037131)
I threw the notice away. Why sue Ford? They replaced the airbags as parts became available. Tacata is the real culprit here, they knowingly sold faulty parts to Ford. Lawyers will get rich over this and throw us "victims" a few crumbs.

:agree: Spectre. It's just another lawsuit brought by an unemployed ambulance chaser that will get all of the money when it's settled.

NC14GT 11/30/18 02:54 PM

If I may quote that lamebrain 'new' Speaker of the House. All we will get are the 'crumbs'.

mrkabc 12/29/18 03:46 PM

So what's the point of this lawsuit? I got my new airbag inflators. I am happy. Huh???

m05fastbackGT 12/29/18 09:15 PM

There is no point. Just as previously posted, just a bunch of low-life ambulance chasers looking to cash in :bad:

Mustang Freak 12/30/18 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
There is no point. Just as previously posted, just a bunch of low-life ambulance chasers looking to cash in :bad:

:agree:

ford4v429 1/1/19 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by SpectreH (Post 7037131)

I agree about the class action lawyers...legal thieves... at the same time though, I still have a hard time hanging all these millions on Takata too- wasnt like they showed up with a truckload of airbags and said 'use these', nah Ford and the others had a spec...and as such part of their QA shoulda included construction/durability testing, and I really find it impossibly unlikely that no one was aware of the PSAN bag issues before the NHTSA. recall.

Takata definitely had a bad idea with not enough testing on long term stability of their 'phase stabilized ammonium nitrate' (fertilizer bomb?) inflators, but still, every manufacturer jumped on it(most likely $ reasons only), and no one tested them till AFTER people started dying??? BS.
I truly think Ford may have been aware back in 07 when they recalled these for reprogramming the mustang passenger inflators- remember that one- to "prevent deploying with too much force" or some such thing...hmm beancounter based butt covering, folks died, lawyers got richer ant the manufacturers all point fingers only at Takata... the whole situation seems way bigger than just a vendor... just a opinion :)