2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Finally Shipped!

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/05, 10:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well.... it's almost over...

I've been reading this board and thinking about buying a new Mustang for more than a year now.

From that to the hours of research to find a good deal / dealer, to the excitement the day I ordered....and then finally hearing the ERL tell me I was "serialized" after many many weeks of hearing her say "clean and unscheduled," to now when I know my car is somewhere between here and the Ford plant it's been nothing but great!

I'm not sure if actually sitting in and driving the car will seem real to me for a bit, and I think the research, and the waiting was actually fun. I feel like a kid again waiting for Christmas and thinking of all the presents I might get.

Now I have many presents already here waiting for the big present

All the modifications I want are here for now...although there may be more in the future... not sure yet.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for all your advice and thanks to Brad for this great site

I'll keep you posted and show pics as soon as I can... the ERL told me my car was estimated to be delivered tomorrow!
Old 10/2/05, 11:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remember Christmas Eve when you were a kid? Good luck sleeping tonight!!
You are going to be blown away once you start driving it!
Old 10/2/05, 11:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Sweet. It will be interesting to see how quickly it gets to Mossy. Then the rest of us can get a better idea of when to expect our cars after they are shipped.
Old 10/2/05, 06:49 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Imatk@October 2, 2005, 10:45 AM
Well.... it's almost over...

I've been reading this board and thinking about buying a new Mustang for more than a year now.

From that to the hours of research to find a good deal / dealer, to the excitement the day I ordered....and then finally hearing the ERL tell me I was "serialized" after many many weeks of hearing her say "clean and unscheduled," to now when I know my car is somewhere between here and the Ford plant it's been nothing but great!

I'm not sure if actually sitting in and driving the car will seem real to me for a bit, and I think the research, and the waiting was actually fun. I feel like a kid again waiting for Christmas and thinking of all the presents I might get.

Now I have many presents already here waiting for the big present

All the modifications I want are here for now...although there may be more in the future... not sure yet.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for all your advice and thanks to Brad for this great site

I'll keep you posted and show pics as soon as I can... the ERL told me my car was estimated to be delivered tomorrow!
Jamie,
Reading and feeling your excitement is wonderful! It not only put a big smile on my face,but I even got a bit teary-eyed!
I swear ,seeing the excitement and happiness when clients (who've become friends) finally get to drive away in their dream car...this is the very best part of my job!
If I could get your car here earlier for you I would. It hurts to have to tell you it looks like another day (maybe even 2).
Old 10/2/05, 10:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's ok... I've waited this long I can wait a little longer

Thanks for everything!