2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Does FORD advertise?

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/05, 05:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by porkster@December 7, 2005, 8:06 AM
I hope KWMJ-KTP dont mind. But he compiled all the Mustang commercials on his website. Its really cool, he did a great job. If you have Mustang Commercial withdrawls, visit here.

http://www.2006-mustang-gt.com/commercials.htm
Don't mind at all. Just glad to see that everyone is enjoying them.

I've not seen any new Mustang commercials in a long time, but if I run across any new ones, I'll get them posted with the others. Or if anybody else can get a copy of any new commercials, send them to me and I'll add them. I guess the best chance for a new commercial from Ford will be during the Super Bowl, but if not then, there is no telling how long it may be. Next best guess would be during the spring when sports car & convertible sales probably begin to pick up a bit during the warm months.
Old 12/8/05, 05:26 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally posted by AvtoLubitel@December 6, 2005, 9:52 PM
Good point about GMC. I missed that.
However on not having to advertise Mustangs...
Why advertise Camries or Altimas? In order to sell MORE of them. Indeed Mustang sells itself, but so do Accords, Civics, Corrolas. Make it a household name. Advertise them not only as a muscle car, but as a safe car (which according to NTSA Mustang is), an economical car (a bit of a stretch perphaps, but it does run on 87) and finally as a reliable car (lie if you have to )
I am NOT trying to demise FORD in any way. It just hurts me to hear about 8 factories closing and many hard working people getting their pink slips. I think that FORD is doing a good job (8 factories comparing to "88" by GM). Mustang, F-150 and 500 are good cars in a right time. But I feel that the image needs to be changed a bit. Innovation campaign is a right step toward that. Sorry for rambling on about it, but it really does sadden me to see factories closing. We had one in Edison NJ close not too long ago. I hear there will be a mall full of foreign made junk soon.
without getting into all my advertising jargon (of which there is a ****load), when you have fixed (albeit LARGE) budgets, you support your volume vehicles, not your niche products. i realize mustangs do outsell most of its competitors in its segement, so it is technically "volume", but not in the same way that the malibus, camrys and accords of the world are volume. or the silverados, F150, Rams, Caravans, Uplanders, Freestyles etc. the mid-car segment is VERY competitive, so you must advertise to keep "top of mind". so is vans, pick-ups and small car segments (well, more so here in Canada then in the US).

For example, in 'small car' here in Canada, we have the Cobalt, Pursuit, Focus, Elantra, SX2.0, Corolla, Civic, Aerio, Forenza, Spectra that I can think of, and that's not counting the compacts, of which we have a TON. compare that to Mustang's true segment (not counting things like the SLK and other $$ sports cars). there's what...Tiburon, 350Z, Solstice, Miata, Eclipse...? Nothing even all that direct, either...

people know about the mustang, they know the name, and most of the advertising to date was to announce "hey, there's a redesigned version of that cool american muscle car that everyone already knows about and it's the best one ever". that was done, the prodcut sold itself (as witnessed by the incredible increase in production and the volume of unfilled orders in the bank at the end of the MY2005). now it's off and running, there's really no need. Ford brands like Freestyle, Freestar, and 500 are the ones that need the help, not Mustang. Fusion is a brand new car and a brand new name, just like the previous three i mentioned. they'll probably continue with some targeted mustang support, maybe some grassroots stuff but that's about it, by my guess.

sorry for the long post!

kristina

edit: one thing i will agree with you 100% is that Ford as a DIVISION needs an image boost, and that's where Mustang and GT500 can help...people see those cars, and they think "well hey, that coolness is sorta built in to the DNA of my Fusion too"...or so you hope. At the end of the day, it's your product that sells itself, not the ads. Fusion and Mustang as products are a step in the right direction for Ford - I hope they keep it up!!
Old 10/22/06, 05:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where is the website with all the comercials now?
Old 10/22/06, 08:47 PM
GT Member

There has been a gt-500 one on. About a guy shipping his gt to Germany becasue he doesn't like the amreican speed limits.

I see adds all the time.
Old 10/22/06, 08:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1SG
I've saw one recently that advertised 300hp, 0-60 in 5.1 sec, and some other GT specs but it showed a Silver V-6 in the commercial.
They show the base model so that they can display the dirt cheap price on the screen. We have to do that all the time at our studio for commercials, put up the base model car when the price is displayed.

Personally, my favorite mustang commercial is the cornfield racetrack spot, where they roto in clips of Steve McQueen.
Old 10/22/06, 09:49 PM

does anyone know where i can find the comercial where the 65 mustang morphs into the 2005
Old 10/23/06, 02:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TorchRedStang
does anyone know where i can find the comercial where the 65 mustang morphs into the 2005
You might try www.youtube.com. I didn't see it there during a quick search, but did find the Steve McQueen and the returning serviceman commercials, so it might be there if you dig around a bit on that site.
Old 10/23/06, 06:48 AM
GT Member

The one where the Mustang does a long burnout and takes off and then comes back and the father tells his son that "This is a serious machine and should be respected" and the son tells father "want to do it again" and father says "YES". I love it.... Only Ford has ***** enough to show the car doing burnouts and driving it hard.
Old 10/23/06, 06:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by geo586
I know that the Mustangs sell themself without comercials but there
were some really good ones when the 05's first came out. I'd really
like to see one again but looking at Ford's sales and financial
situation I guess they are banking on the F150 saving them.
The Edge is the latest "must do right" vehicle.

The mustang alone will not save Ford advertise it or not.
Hence the recent announcements about many products being changed for the 2008 model year.

Just look at the stock price of Ford and GM comparied to Honda and Toyota. Double diget increase for them and double diget decline for Ford and GM.
Toyota has a large amount of change in their price in the last 52 weeks (86.04 - 124.00) and is currently at $115. GM has shown a significant change in the same time period (18.33 - 34.00) and is at $33. Honda's range is 26.50 - 37.95 (currently at $34), and Ford's is 6.06 - 9.48 (currently at $8). GM and Ford both have made gains in the recent 6 weeks or so, but GM's change is more significant because the financial analysts have put more emphasis on the recent GM results and made positive comments about the vehicles just out or coming out within the next 12 months. Ford needs more product hits.

I really want the American car companies to beat the foreign ones but
unless something drastic happens one of them is going down.
George
I am not so certain that would happen. I am certain there will continue to be continued downsizing at Ford, and parts of it will be sold to raise cash.
Old 10/23/06, 07:00 AM
GT Member

http://www.fordvehicles.com/features/commercials/?id=2&cat=Car

Check this out
Old 10/23/06, 07:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

To the posters who say they haven't seen any Mustang ads, I'm surprised you haven't seen the Derek Jeter/Spike Lee commercials. There are three different ones I think. And they rule!

All of them feature Derek and Spike driving a red GT coupe, sideways around every corner, through deserted NYC streets. Search youtube.com if you haven't seen them, since they're definitely worth a look.

Here in the NY/CT area, the ads are played all the time. In fact, the tv critic for the NY Post newspaper wrote a couple months back that the commercials were very irresponsible, since they were "driving like maniacs."
Old 10/23/06, 11:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Compared to my Crown Vic, the Mustang GT is an economy car!!!!!!

The Vic gets 11-13 mpg city, 19-20 mpg highway and 16-17 mpg combined.
The Mustang GT is rated for 17-18 mpg city and 25+ mpg highway.
Old 10/23/06, 12:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

The GT500 is getting a lot of recent air-time in the Pittsburgh area. The comercial is portrayed in Germany. It's a white, w/ blue stripes, GT500 getting unloaded from a ship from America. The German shipping agent asked something to the effect, "You can't find German car you like in Germany?". The American states, "No, I can't find a speed limit I like in America". I love this add!
Old 10/23/06, 01:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

It's too bad the majority of car buyers can't afford a Mustang GT, let alone a GT500.
Old 10/23/06, 01:47 PM
GT Member

I love the Mercury babe. Look what I found:
http://www.stuffmagazine.com/cover_g...rl.aspx?id=354
Old 10/23/06, 01:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

She was a major character in the Spike TV series, Blade. She starts off as a pro-gun ex-Army SGT just back from Iraq, and gets turned into a vampire. She's hot!!
Old 10/23/06, 03:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
She was a major character in the Spike TV series, Blade. She starts off as a pro-gun ex-Army SGT just back from Iraq, and gets turned into a vampire. She's hot!!
Indeed