2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Do Over

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/05, 09:58 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got back from my local Ford store with a new, torch red Mustang GT. I couldn't help but feel a strong sense of deja vu. This is probably best explained by the fact that this is my second 05 Mustang GT purchase in less than three months.

Let me explain. I was not happy with the Mineral Gray color of my first Mustang. I simply thought that it looked more brown or bronze than gray. I played around with and researched the costs and timing of getting my car painted another color. Both the people at the paint shops and lots of people on this board told me not to do it. Depreciation, high probability of less than quality or reliable rebuild, and the risk of a paint job that looks even worse than original are just a few of the reasons that people suggested that I not repaint the car.

Well, I headed your advice. Thank you. I went back to the dealership and told them that I wanted a "do over". I was willing to spend the cash that it would have cost to repaint the car to get a color that I liked. Well, I got it. Now I'm going to make it look just like the Galpin Ford Mustang GT.[attachmentid=11326]
Old 2/5/05, 10:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

THATS GREAT!!
Hey dude, wanna share the wealth
Old 2/5/05, 10:22 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by legend05@February 5, 2005, 9:22 PM
THATS GREAT!!
Thanks, man. I'd share the wealth, but I had to raid my kids' college funds because of this little change of heart. I sure hope they can shoot a basketball and/or throw a football because scholarships will be the only way that they'll get through college now.
Old 2/6/05, 12:17 AM
Bullitt Member

well at least you got the car you want now.
Old 2/6/05, 03:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rcinco@February 6, 2005, 1:01 AM
I was not happy with the Mineral Gray color of my first Mustang. I simply thought that it looked more brown or bronze than gray.
No offence to any owners of Mineral Gray but I have to agree with you. The color I really wanted was the Dark Shadow Gray But, it was not available so I went with Redfire.

The Boss Hog
Old 2/6/05, 03:47 AM
V6 Member

I think in the end you made the best choice, you will be happier for a longer period of time
Old 2/6/05, 06:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

No offense, to each his own but I picked MG because of the bronze look it gives at times.
Old 2/6/05, 08:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rcinco+February 6, 2005, 12:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rcinco @ February 6, 2005, 12:25 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-legend05@February 5, 2005, 9:22 PM
THATS GREAT!!
Thanks, man. I'd share the wealth, but I had to raid my kids' college funds because of this little change of heart. I sure hope they can shoot a basketball and/or throw a football because scholarships will be the only way that they'll get through college now.
[/b][/quote]

Don't worry about the kiddies...there's always student loans. Worked for me. My folks couldn't afford to put any of my five brothers and sisters through school. Paying your own way makes you appreciate the end result all the more!

btw, I agree with you on the Mineral Gray. It looks more brown than gray in some light. That, when coupled with the optional ICAP makes me want to vomit.
Old 2/6/05, 09:13 AM
Bullitt Member

i was going back and forthe between a redfire vert and a satin silver...went satin silve because i think it will look hotter with the IUP........specially with the top down........
Old 2/6/05, 09:30 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by rcinco@February 5, 2005, 11:01 PM
Now I'm going to make it look just like the Galpin Ford Mustang GT
Not too fond of those wheels.
Old 2/6/05, 09:53 AM
rex
Mach 1 Member

so just what did it cost you and what's the dealer selling your MG GT for?
Old 2/6/05, 09:59 AM
Cobra Member

Heck yeah....Torch Red is my favorite color.
Old 2/6/05, 10:07 AM
V6 Member

Eh, I like the mineral grey color. Brown? Huh? I've never seen a brown color at all. I still don't get that. Everyone asks me what exact color "grey" that is. I've never heard brown. But to each his own. We talked about this over at Stangnet and I still really am interested to see pics. Good luck with the conversion!
Old 2/6/05, 11:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by PalaceOfStangs1@February 6, 2005, 11:10 AM
Eh, I like the mineral grey color. Brown? Huh? I've never seen a brown color at all. I still don't get that. Everyone asks me what exact color "grey" that is. I've never heard brown. But to each his own. We talked about this over at Stangnet and I still really am interested to see pics. Good luck with the conversion!
It could be that everyone interprets colors a little differently? I saw a mineral grey in person outside in the sunlight at a dealer lot, and I could definitely see a bronze hue to it. I could imagine that someone might even call it a brown. It's a tricky color for sure, with the different hues showing up depending on the lighting, but if you like it, that's all that matters.

To me, the toughest choice about picking an '05 is easily the color choice. I went back and forth myself, and actually ordered a car and then later changed the color. The important thing is that you NEED to see the cars in person - pictures can't capture exactly what they look like - only an actual paint chip can.
Old 2/6/05, 11:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rcinco@February 5, 2005, 11:01 PM
I just got back from my local Ford store with a new, torch red Mustang GT. I couldn't help but feel a strong sense of deja vu. This is probably best explained by the fact that this is my second 05 Mustang GT purchase in less than three months.

Let me explain. I was not happy with the Mineral Gray color of my first Mustang. I simply thought that it looked more brown or bronze than gray.
rcinco, did you actually see the mineral grey in person before ordering the car? my bet is no. Let this be a lesson boys and girls...

Anyway, it's great that you were able to get what you really wanted in the end. Looking forward to some pics, before and after you modify it!
Old 2/6/05, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Ranger@February 6, 2005, 8:32 AM
No offense, to each his own but I picked MG because of the bronze look it gives at times.
hence the name- "mineral",as in ,from the earth, grey....it gives off "earth tones"

I saw it at the Boston auto show,under fluorescent lighting,with red interior, and I thought it looked great! The real truth is- the 05 Mustang looks GREAT in EVERY color!
Old 2/6/05, 12:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

I had an 02 in Mineral Grey & loved it. In fact whenever I saw it was offered again in 05 I knew which color I wanted. Decision over. I never never never had anyone ask me if my car was brown. They almost always asked if it was pewter. Either that or "What color would you call that?". That was what the highway patrol asked when they were filling out my accident report from when some guy ran me over.

Anyway. To each their own. As long as you are happy with the color I guess that's all that matters.
Cheers
~*~Kera~*~
Old 2/6/05, 12:23 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats on the new ride! Sorry you weren't pleased with the color. I like it, I think it will be easier to take care of. Won't show dirt as much. To each thier own.
Old 2/6/05, 12:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mineral Gray and red interior....I love mine!
Old 2/6/05, 02:51 PM
V6 Member

SMART MOVE.