The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Dealers dont know? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/dealers-dont-know-386246/)

baklassen 4/2/04 03:38 PM

How come none of the dealers in my area dont know ANYTHING about the 2005? I cant confirm any information with them, including colours, order date, release date. I really dont want to miss out on getting one!!!

All I was told is that "it will be a hard car to get your hands on". IS this true? It cant be a limited edition car, is it?

Also - does anyone know if x-plan pricing will be available for the 2005 mustang?

Thanks for everyones help!

V10 4/2/04 03:40 PM

Because they can't sell you one. Why waste time learning about something you can't yet take an order for.

Galaxie 4/2/04 03:41 PM

:drunk:

the only thing worse is false information...

2 seater only
500 copies only
etc.

Horsepower844182 4/2/04 04:29 PM

yeah....you can't get any info out of a salesguy at this point. As for hard to get...maybe for the first few weeks, if that. I mean it's a mass produced car, and I wouldn't pay a mark-up on it either...

DanS.02GT 4/2/04 05:05 PM

Originally posted by Horsepower844182@Apr. 2nd, 2004, 5:32 PM
.... As for hard to get...maybe for the first few weeks, if that. I mean it's a mass produced car, and I wouldn't pay a mark-up on it either...
Look at the T-bird, New Beetle, and PT Cruiser. They were all hard to find, and selling for well above MSRP for the first few months when they came out. Within a year or so, supply catches up with demand, cars start stacking up on dealer lots, and you can find one at or below MSRP. Depending on how things go, I'll probably wait till '06 for my next Stang.

Romero 4/2/04 05:27 PM

I haven't begun asking dealers yet. Thats mostly because the ones around where I live (Pasadena/ Los Angeles area) are all filled with evil salesmen, at least he ones I have PERSONALLY talked to. In the past have told me what I wanted was wrong, that I didn't know what I wanted in a car, and tried to talk me up to a whole different car... it WAS a much nicer car but out of my limitations.

If anyone knows/ works at a dealer that is honest around here, I'd love to know. (Plus I have a Sales License and might need a job ;) if its an honest place looking for an honest Salesman ;) )

iluvstangs 4/2/04 08:51 PM

I usually know more about the vehicle than the salesman. That's really annoying. When I bought my Dakota they tried telling me that the Quad didn't come with a 5.9L V8.

I just try to educate myself as much as I can before I go into the dealership & then I end up giving them an education. And that's pretty bad since I'm a woman!!

:rolleyes:

I always go & shop for a salesperson before I buy. I know what I want & I want to buy it from the salesperson that I feel like I can trust, give me a good deal & that doesn't treat me like an idiot!

- Lori

kevinb120 4/2/04 10:24 PM

Originally posted by Galaxieboy@Apr. 2nd, 2004, 5:44 PM
:drunk:

the only thing worse is false information...

2 seater only
500 copies only
etc.

MAN how did you know that STUFF!??? Only dealers know that. Not to mention the V12! :drunk:

TMSBrad 4/3/04 09:13 AM

There has been virtually no info on the 2005 Mustang in Frontline, the magazine Ford sends to its dealers with vehicle info. The reason is that the '05 is superior to the '04 in every category, so most people would rather wait 6 months for the '05. The more '04s a dealer sells the more '05s they get, so there's a push to move the '04s.

karrnutt 4/3/04 10:47 AM

According to the guy who orders the stock and customers cars at the place I deal with,there is no ordering information available yet.

Nazgul 4/3/04 12:24 PM

Yeah, when I told my sales guy that I was going to get an 05 Mustang GT when they come out in the fall, he told me they'd cost $125,000 and be available by invitation only. Now I know the GT has the same name, but what idiot talks Mustangs with a customer for ten minutes and then suddenly assumes the person is referring to a $100 grand GT?

Get the info here from people who care about the car and the details then go into your dealer and tell him what he's gonna get for you and for how much. If he says no, walk out and move on to the next place.

HairyCanary 4/4/04 09:25 AM

I was just at the local dealer yesterday, and the sales droid said the same thing I've heard posted here -- "the new Mustang should hit lots in a couple months, early summer." I told him Job1 was in September, but he swears his "new car guy" (whatever that means) said it would be more like June.

Why is it that dealers don't try to get more accurate information. You would think that they'd get sick of having customers know more about the car than them, after awhile...

ZwerRacing 4/4/04 09:33 AM

i gave up on dealers i now only rely on this site

V10 4/4/04 06:14 PM

Originally posted by BlueStangVert@Apr. 3rd, 2004, 10:16 AM
There has been virtually no info on the 2005 Mustang in Frontline, the magazine Ford sends to its dealers with vehicle info. The reason is that the '05 is superior to the '04 in every category, so most people would rather wait 6 months for the '05. The more '04s a dealer sells the more '05s they get, so there's a push to move the '04s.
Believe it or not, sales of Mustangs so far this year are up over 2003.

YTD 2004: 36,339
YTD 2003: 31,265

1 COBRA 4/4/04 06:59 PM

Originally posted by baklassen@Apr. 2nd, 2004, 5:41 PM
How come none of the dealers in my area dont know ANYTHING about the 2005? I cant confirm any information with them, including colours, order date, release date. I really dont want to miss out on getting one!!!

And you are surprised? :what:
You are no exactly dealing with Ivy Leaguers here.

Be cool. There will be plenty to choose from.

kevinb120 4/4/04 10:04 PM

Originally posted by BlueStangVert@Apr. 3rd, 2004, 11:16 AM
expect in the issue after next(august)

TGIFord 4/5/04 12:56 PM

Originally posted by V10@Apr. 4th, 2004, 6:17 PM
Believe it or not, sales of Mustangs so far this year are up over 2003.

YTD 2004: 36,339
YTD 2003: 31,265

Yeah believe it. You have to remember that 04 is the last of the FOXes. That actually appeals to to quite a few people. And while a car is one of the worst investments you could make, some people still buy them for that reason, or just to add to a collection (which makes more sense). I personally wish I could afford to have at least one representative of each generation. Dare to dream, right? :drool:

crazyhorse 4/5/04 03:09 PM

and the rebates are hefty now

Amy V6 4/5/04 03:21 PM

Originally posted by iluvstangs@Apr. 2nd, 2004, 9:54 PM
I usually know more about the vehicle than the salesman. That's really annoying. When I bought my Dakota they tried telling me that the Quad didn't come with a 5.9L V8.

I just try to educate myself as much as I can before I go into the dealership & then I end up giving them an education. And that's pretty bad since I'm a woman!!

:rolleyes:

I always go & shop for a salesperson before I buy. I know what I want & I want to buy it from the salesperson that I feel like I can trust, give me a good deal & that doesn't treat me like an idiot!

- Lori

I hear you on that :nice:

Usually, I'm the one more informed than the sales person is. It's good to go in there and drop some knowledge on them. People that work in retail (yup, I'd consider sales people as retail workers) don't keep themselves up to date with their products. They use catch phrases and rumors to get the sales.

Especially being a female, sales people do treat us differently.

I remember the one time I went into the Pontiac dealership to check out the Sunfire (when it first came out, was a poor college student at the time) and the salesman kept talking me into a Grand Am GT. He was treating me like a complete moron. Kept telling him I wasn't interested in that car, I just wanted to check out the Sunfire.

I caved and said, ok, tell me about the Grand Am GT... one of the first things out of his mouth was... "What color do you want?" I told him, doesn't matter to me as long as it gets to point A to point B and possible point C, I'll be good to go. He got all in my face with, how dare I say color isn't important.

Long story short... he let me take the car for a full day. My payments would've been $175 a month for a fully loaded Grand Am GT.. I came in the next day and returned it and said "No thanks.. I don't like the color"

Decipher 4/5/04 05:03 PM

Haha nice! Way to stick it to the man!