Search this Thread

Old 10/2/06, 09:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Convoy Carrier, Rail Carrier, delivery times to Cali questions

According to the ERL...

"As of September 20th your vehicle has been shipped via convoy carrier."

"As of September 26th your vehicle has been shipped via rail carrier."

Status as of October 2nd is still unchanged from shipped via rail carrier. My ETA is week of October 2nd. So, the question is, when do you think my mustang will make it to the dealer? I am beginning to think it won't come in until next week based on the fact that it took a week to put it on the train. I have no idea where the rail yard dropoffs are in Northern California. Would it be the San Francisco bay area or Sacramento? Any ideas about all of this?

Anybody else had their car listed as shipped via convoy carrier and then later have it change to shipped by rail carrier?

Thanks!
Old 10/3/06, 07:03 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shatter - I'd like to help you but it's all a mystery to me as well. Mine came to SoCal via rail carrier and was here in several days. After that it was "On Ramp" for a week before the convoy (truck) carrier picked it up and delivered it to my dealer. Hopefully yours wont sit on the ramp as long and you have it by the weekend!!
Old 10/6/06, 01:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by shatter
According to the ERL...

"As of September 20th your vehicle has been shipped via convoy carrier."

"As of September 26th your vehicle has been shipped via rail carrier."

Status as of October 2nd is still unchanged from shipped via rail carrier. My ETA is week of October 2nd. So, the question is, when do you think my mustang will make it to the dealer? I am beginning to think it won't come in until next week based on the fact that it took a week to put it on the train. I have no idea where the rail yard dropoffs are in Northern California. Would it be the San Francisco bay area or Sacramento? Any ideas about all of this?

Anybody else had their car listed as shipped via convoy carrier and then later have it change to shipped by rail carrier?

Thanks!
I have an 05 Mustang GT. According to ERL my car was built and shipped on December 14 2004 via convoy carrier and the status never changed to rail, so I'm not sure if my car was ever on a train.
(By the way I'm in Los Angeles).
Shipping times from AAI to the Dealers here in CA can range from seven days (that's right someone here on TMS picked up their Mustang one week after it was shipped).

Based on what I read here on TMS the average shipping time from AAI to CA is approximitly two weeks (give or take a few days).
If I was in your situation I would wait a few days after the ETA has passed and see what happens...no change in ERL status then call the dealer or Ford Customer Care and see what's going on.
Old 10/6/06, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the same thing happening with me. ERL say's " as of september 27th, your vehicle has been shipped via rail, with estimated arrival week of 5 October". I thought the weeks always started on a Monday not a Thursday. So I can only guess that the car should be here any day now, or is sitting on the ramp waiting to get to the dealer. Of course my dealer is clueless when trying to get information from them about when it'll be there. I hate being an informed customer (Thank's to TMS and other Forums) and knowing more about the order and delivery process than they do. It's just real frustrating.
Old 10/6/06, 05:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

I called the ERL last night and it still gives the "As of September 26th, your car is being shipped by rail." So they blew the whole week of October 2nd ETA thing. I'll call my dealer on Monday if I don't get any news tonight but the salesman just asks me what the status is when I call!! I'll go ahead and get the VIN and railcar number and start doing self tracking on Monday.

Thanks for the info everyone!
Old 10/7/06, 01:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

If I remember right mine took a little over a week to get to So Cal. It was built on or around Aug 13th and Arrived mid-week the following week. The ERL NEVER caught up to where the car really was until It had been at the dealer for a couple of days. If it was shipped on the 26th, you should have it any day now.

Oh, BTW... Congrats on the Mustang