The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Convertible Boot Insrtructions in Owners Manual (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/convertible-boot-insrtructions-owners-manual-389131/)

TampaBear67 8/16/04 04:02 PM

Is it just me? Did anyone else see instructions for installing the Boot on the Convertible, in the Owners Manual? Maybe I missed it, :dunno: or maybe it's not in the Manual because it doesn't have a Boot? Or is it because it has a Hard Boot? :-D

TMSBrad 8/16/04 04:56 PM

Or maybe there are no instructions because the 'verts aren't out yet. :dunno:

BlackRiderX 8/16/04 06:40 PM

Maybe they gave up with the soft boots after endless warrenty claims with them. I'm on my second one as is. The 01 and up boot just doesn't fit as well as the 99-00 one did.

TampaBear67 8/16/04 06:53 PM

Originally posted by BlueStangVert@August 16, 2004, 10:59 PM
Yeah, But the instructions to open the convertible top are in the Manual. So why arent the directions in it for the Boot? The only reason I question this is the pictures from that TV spot that had pics of the Convertible, that appeared to have a hard boot.

bobdobolina 8/16/04 07:18 PM

Or maybe there are no instructions because the 'verts aren't out yet.

Hey, look at the big brain on Brad!

LOL, sorry. I couldn't resist the Pulp Fiction quote-op. :lol:

ConvertibleJoe 8/29/04 12:59 PM

Originally posted by TampaBear67+August 16, 2004, 6:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TampaBear67 @ August 16, 2004, 6:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-BlueStangVert@August 16, 2004, 10:59 PM
Yeah, But the instructions to open the convertible top are in the Manual. So why arent the directions in it for the Boot? The only reason I question this is the pictures from that TV spot that had pics of the Convertible, that appeared to have a hard boot.[/b][/quote]
This is total speculation, but from the convertible spy photos, it looks to me like the top has four folds, which could mean that the last segment of the top forms a natural cover. This would be something like what edmunds.com describes for the BMW Z4 top:

"When the top is opened, the front-most section of the roof folds over the soft top like a cover and rests flush on the body when fastened in position, thereby eliminating the need for a tonneau cover." (Edmunds BMW Z4 review)

This is a very nice feature for convertible owners (drop and go), and I don't see any reason why it couldn't be used in a less expensive car like the Mustang. Doesn't seem like it would raise the cost much.

May just be wishful thinking on my part, though. :dunno:

grtpmkn 8/30/04 08:20 AM

Ooooooo, a hard boot! Wouldn't that be cool. The past boots, whether it is the '94-'00 or the '01-'04 version, both blow chunks if you ask me.

Bring on the hard boot. :banana:

cadmonkey12 8/30/04 12:16 PM

So...does the 2005 Vert still have manual header latches...what does the operation manual say?

TampaBear67 8/30/04 12:39 PM

Originally posted by cadmonkey12@August 30, 2004, 6:19 PM
So...does the 2005 Vert still have manual header latches...what does the operation manual say?
Yes! One per side.

stoic21 8/30/04 12:49 PM

I love my boot. mine is the same as the ones on the 99-00s. it is a really nicely finished vinyl and fits great. I like them much better than the current ones. plus i don't have two little button holes on my back panel for it to clip into. they went to the new ones because the old ones were, and are, expensive. one from the factory is as much as a saleen hard cover.

scottie1113 8/30/04 02:15 PM

The boot in the trunk of my 95 vert has never been used. Therefore, instructions are superfluous.