2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bout to.............

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/05, 06:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

.....well now this has happend twice now 2 days ago i found a black V6 IUP, Dk charcoal bucket seats, auto, ex-sport app. package. And the car my dad has been calling about getting numbers....getting close to buying it for me and some baught it today when my dad called them and we could go in there for a final look the salesman said it was gone :angry: is it just me or is my luck always running out on the 05 mustang?? im starting to think that i really really am......
Old 4/7/05, 06:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I know all your pains on how you order the 05 and your waiting a long time for it and I hope you get it soon, but i never knew buying from a lot would be soo hard.
Old 4/7/05, 06:59 PM
GT Member

That is too lame Nate... sounds they just made a few thousand more at your expense!
Old 4/7/05, 07:00 PM
Bullitt Member

what are you talking about?
Old 4/7/05, 07:03 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by stang101@April 7, 2005, 6:57 PM
.....well now this has happend twice now 2 days ago i found a black V6 IUP, Dk charcoal bucket seats, auto, ex-sport app. package. And the car my dad has been calling about getting numbers....getting close to buying it for me and some baught it today when my dad called them and we could go in there for a final look the salesman said it was gone :angry: is it just me or is my luck always running out on the 05 mustang?? im starting to think that i really really am......
you see it buy it... you should know better!!!!!!!!!!
Old 4/7/05, 07:06 PM
GT Member

I got a call from a local dealer 2 weeks after placing my order... "My car" came in!! I went straight there to see it, said "I'll take it!" and then dumb-A_ _ sales Manager said "not on X-Plan!"

Only because he knew he could get more from someone else! And what's even more sad is they're allowed to do it!!!

It's a good thing I have a good attitude... they might haven't REALLY upset someone else!
Old 4/7/05, 07:07 PM
Bullitt Member

o yes lets all make fun of what I posted your a great help
Old 4/7/05, 07:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by THE-BOSS+April 7, 2005, 7:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THE-BOSS @ April 7, 2005, 7:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-stang101@April 7, 2005, 6:57 PM
you see it buy it... you should know better!!!!!!!!!!
[/b][/quote]
My dad was on a business trip. IM 16 here i cant exactly buy a car!
Old 4/7/05, 07:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't worry about the people who jump down your throat... they don't know your whole situation. Do your best. I'm sure you'll get what you want eventually, Nate. You just have to have dedication. A V6 won't be too tough to get, and neither will a discount on it!
Old 4/7/05, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@April 7, 2005, 7:15 PM
Don't worry about the people who jump down your throat... they don't know your whole situation. Do your best. I'm sure you'll get what you want eventually, Nate. You just have to have dedication. A V6 won't be too tough to get, and neither will a discount on it!
Charlie- thanks alot, I appreciate it
Old 4/7/05, 07:15 PM
GT Member

I'm not making fun of anything. Some of these dealers have the compassion of a virus. I'm sorry but it sounds like you and your dad might have run into one.
Old 4/7/05, 07:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by McDGT@April 7, 2005, 7:09 PM
I got a call from a local dealer 2 weeks after placing my order... "My car" came in!! I went straight there to see it, said "I'll take it!" and then dumb-A_ _ sales Manager said "not on X-Plan!"

Only because he knew he could get more from someone else! And what's even more sad is they're allowed to do it!!!

It's a good thing I have a good attitude... they might haven't REALLY upset someone else!
Well, that wasn't your car you ordered. There is no way it got there 2 weeks after ordering. Of course they are allowed to sell it to smeone else and not offer x-plan on it, because it isn't the car they ordered on x-plan. Just happened one of their stock orders was what you wanted.
Old 4/7/05, 07:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by stang101@April 7, 2005, 6:57 PM
Well, with buying a car, you have to buy it as soon as you see it, especially if it is a hot car like this. If you hesitate, it can be sold to someone else. I know it stinks, but it is the way things work.
Old 4/7/05, 07:20 PM
GT Member

I think Ford dealers should call US with updates (once you've ordered)... they know how much we want the car! The only valid excuse would be that they are so swamped with work (yeah right) that they don't have time.

I say, if they made the time they really would become too busy to call every buyer!
Old 4/7/05, 07:22 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by jsheehan+April 7, 2005, 7:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jsheehan @ April 7, 2005, 7:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-McDGT@April 7, 2005, 7:09 PM

It's a good thing I have a good attitude... they might haven't REALLY upset someone else! :uzi:
Well, that wasn't your car you ordered. There is no way it got there 2 weeks after ordering. Of course they are allowed to sell it to smeone else and not offer x-plan on it, because it isn't the car they ordered on x-plan. Just happened one of their stock orders was what you wanted.
[/b][/quote]
That's true John... thEn they should not have called me to say "IT'S IN!"
Old 4/7/05, 07:27 PM
GT Member

Oh well, it sounds like the "long" waits will be over at some point... once they recheck (and fix) their supply and demand formulas! Good luck all!
Old 4/7/05, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Order a 06 and get it the way you want.. Chances are you will find one off the lot but it might not have a option that you want, then you are stuck with it. Example you want IUP and the one you find only has the interior sport appearance or nothing and you buy it. Later on you are driving it and you wished you had the IUP or whatever other option you could have, you might regret not ordering.

This is the reason I ordered mine and yes the wait is hard but it will be worth it later when I get it.
Old 4/7/05, 07:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by McDGT+April 7, 2005, 7:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(McDGT @ April 7, 2005, 7:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by jsheehan@April 7, 2005, 7:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-McDGT
@April 7, 2005, 7:09 PM

That's true John... thEn they should not have called me to say "IT'S IN!"
[/b][/quote]

True, that was a very low thing to do. I guess they were just trying to get you to bite and go ahead and buy it. They should ave told you they got a car just like yours in and explained that they wouldn't give you x-plan on it, but if you wanted to go ahead and get it without x-plan you could come down and see it.
Old 4/7/05, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I have finally calmed down....and the search continues AGAIN.......
Old 4/7/05, 09:27 PM

Nate, I don't know what all options you are looking for but my local ford dealer, Shottenkirk, in West Burlington, Ia has 10 program v6 mustangs in stock, their ad said they all had between 4-7,000 miles on them. Might be worth checking out. Good luck in your search.

Quick Reply: Bout to.............