The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   BFG Magazine Ad with 2005 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/bfg-magazine-ad-2005-mustang-386272/)

crawFord Mustang 4/4/04 07:14 PM

This is the first advertisement I've seen in a magazine that actually uses the 05 Mustang. It's from a Magazine entitled:
Mustang Milestones: 40 Years of an American Legend
Commemorative Collector;s Edition

Published by Trader Publishing. I assume this is the AutoTrader group of periodicals.

Sorry the pic isn't that great.

Dan 4/4/04 07:42 PM

Thanks for the post. I can't say it enough, I'm quite happy the new stang is riding on BFG's.

05mach1 4/4/04 07:47 PM

Those BFG KDW tires are good I have them on my 99 Mustang. :nice:

ManEHawke 4/4/04 08:40 PM

yeah except for the 17's :(

Decipher 4/4/04 08:47 PM

Nice find. :)

What has everybody got against 17's?

dave 02 gt 4/4/04 09:05 PM

the 18" look better an the wheel to finder gap looks right, wider tires also

dustindu4 4/4/04 10:21 PM

So both BFG and Pirelli are claiming their tires are on the '05?

:dunno:

dave 02 gt 4/4/04 10:26 PM

pirelli are 17"

Boomer 4/4/04 10:49 PM

What are the 3 tires mentioned

Traction T/As
G-Force KDWs new tread design
and #3 is ???? KDWs with tradition tread?

Thats the only part I can't read!

Decipher 4/4/04 11:34 PM

Originally posted by dave 02 gt@Apr. 4th, 2004, 7:08 PM
the 18" look better an the wheel to finder gap looks right, wider tires also
Yeah, I know. So? The only problem I can see with that is the wheel gap not "looking right". Say what you will, but I think the 17's will look fine - although I reserve my final judgement until I've seen both on the car, in person.

Kotzenjunge 4/4/04 11:36 PM

I got that magazine also, wondered why they could have an ad with the real 2005, but the magazine itself only goes up to the concept 2005.

I think what cheesed me more was that it struck me as one big book full of advertisments.

crawFord Mustang 4/5/04 10:59 AM

Originally posted by Kotzenjunge@Apr. 5th, 2004, 1:39 AM
I got that magazine also, wondered why they could have an ad with the real 2005, but the magazine itself only goes up to the concept 2005.

I think what cheesed me more was that it struck me as one big book full of advertisments.

Yeah, I agree. I was pissed that they didn't show the 05 in article form.
I guess BFG had the press items before AutoTrader. That actually makes sense, considering Ford would give information to BFG before AutoTrader, if ever.

GMconvert 4/5/04 01:12 PM

Cool ad!

I just put KDWS on my Trans Am and they are SWEET. Forget that Goodyear crap that came from the factory. I am loving these tires. Glad the new 'Stang comes with 'em right off the line.

ManEHawke 4/5/04 02:56 PM

What has everybody got against 17's?
I meant that the 17's arent BFG and am kinda pissed at that, not the size.
17's are a perfect size to see some BFG lettering

Dan 4/5/04 05:01 PM

Originally posted by Boomer@Apr. 5th, 2004, 4:52 AM

Traction T/As

Boomer, I think the first tire is a g-Force KDWS, the second is the KDW with the new pattern (as you said) and I can't tell but the third looks like the original tread KDW's.

jarradasay 4/5/04 05:36 PM

What are the dimensions of the two tires for the 05. xxx-xxr-17 and xxx-xxr-18? There is a good chance that the Outside diameter is identical and that there is infact no difference in the wheel well gap at all. Now width is a different issue. Not to mention it has been said that the mustangs at the shows are wearing beefier rubber then the stock will have. My Roush 18s are the same diameter as the stock 17s were, just lower profile rubber. Truthfully there is a fractional difference,but not enough to worry about recalibrating the speedometer, etc.

montreal ponies 4/5/04 05:47 PM

It'll be riding on everything bigger(mags and tires) with me when i get it.... :nice:

jarradasay 4/5/04 05:53 PM

:lol: im with! you i'm gonna see how much I can fit!
I'd like to ride 285-45WR19s if I can. I dont follow the speed limit anyway. (this is not a good thing :angry: )

HammyZTS 4/5/04 07:25 PM

I love the BFG ads. I have the older Cobra ones on posters. The ones where the Cobra is the same color as the background and is just sitting at a profile... Very sweet. Hopefully they will do it again with this car.

crawFord Mustang 4/8/04 05:55 AM

Originally posted by Boomer@Apr. 5th, 2004, 12:52 AM

Traction T/As

Sorry I'm late with response Boomer.

The tires in order from left to right are:

g-Force T/A KDWS
Ultimate Street, Dry, Wet, and Snow

g-Force T/A KDW
Ultimate Street, Dry and Wet

g-Force T/A KD
Ultimate Street, Dry Traction

Also in small print at the bottom of the picture:

"Production prototype shown-actual production vehicle features subject to change."