Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Batter Acid In Trunk / Gas Door Water Leak

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/18, 10:24 PM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Batter Acid In Trunk / Gas Door Water Leak

So I was getting rid of a Better for my friend and the battery apparently overcharged and leaked a bunch of battery acid all of the floor of my trunk and so it only landed on the carpet part about a month ago and so I cleaned it, after removing my carpet and spare wheel, I noticed it had soaked through and lifted all of the paint in my trunk floor around the inside quarter panels on both sides, the seams where the wires run, and also on the inner wheel well and so my question is, I am going to put baking soda on it to neutralized all of the acid, some areas are starting to rust and I want to go in with a wire rush ASAP but was wondering if I tried to paint, would it cause any problems or should I hit it with some rust encapsulator and then just hit with some colored paint to see if there is any flaws or areas the rust has gotten worse? Any tips on this and also I noticed every time I pumped gas, that plastic piece that holds the pipe moves a lot and when I removed my trunk driver side trim, there was a gallon of water just sitting in the quarter panel pocket behind the side marker, is there a plug to filter it out?