2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Availability of GT Appearance Package?

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/06, 11:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Availability of GT Appearance Package?

Have any of our regularly contributing salespeople or insiders heard about the availability of the new GT appearance package? One of the forum members who drove by AAI recently said he did see '07s in the lots with hood sccops, so I am assuming there is not anything with this option that would cause an order to be held.

Any information is appreciated.
Old 6/12/06, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Have any of our regularly contributing salespeople or insiders heard about the availability of the new GT appearance package? One of the forum members who drove by AAI recently said he did see '07s in the lots with hood sccops, so I am assuming there is not anything with this option that would cause an order to be held.

Any information is appreciated.
I have one on order with the appearance pkg and my status recently changed from "locked in" back to "scheduled". I don't necessarily know if that's a negative, but it sounds like it is, especially since the ETA to the dealer also changed with it: from "week of June 26th" to "week of July 4th". According to the ERL, I'm still scheduled for build this week though.
Old 6/12/06, 08:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Bob99b5
I have one on order with the appearance pkg and my status recently changed from "locked in" back to "scheduled". I don't necessarily know if that's a negative, but it sounds like it is, especially since the ETA to the dealer also changed with it: from "week of June 26th" to "week of July 4th". According to the ERL, I'm still scheduled for build this week though.
Thanks for posting. A sales person did let me know today that this would most likely not stop an order but possibly delay it some as the suppliers come up to speed with it.

When did you order your vehicle?
Old 6/13/06, 08:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for posting. A sales person did let me know today that this would most likely not stop an order but possibly delay it some as the suppliers come up to speed with it.

When did you order your vehicle?
Well, I *tried* to order it on March 13th but my uninformed dealer insisted that they couldn't take it then. I threw the BS flag at them but they still wouldn't take the order. It was finally placed on April 1st.

As of today, my delivery date has slipped again - its gone from June 26th, to July 4th, to July 11th today. They might as well just tell me that I'm going to get the car in October instead of stringing me along like this!!!!
Old 6/21/06, 01:59 PM
GT Member

My salesman claims that my order is on hold because of the GT Appearance package.
Old 6/21/06, 02:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by VVVROOM
My salesman claims that my order is on hold because of the GT Appearance package.
When and where did you order? Thanks for any info.
Old 6/21/06, 02:14 PM
Bullitt Member

My car with the appearance package was built last Thursday and it's in shipping to me now via convoy. The ETA is next week.
Old 6/21/06, 03:00 PM
GT Member

When and where did you order? Thanks for any info.
I ordered on June 9th from Lilliston Ford in Vineland, NJ.
Old 6/22/06, 08:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Take a look at this thread I posted on BlueOvalNews.
Old 6/22/06, 09:00 PM
GT Member

Take a look at this thread I posted on BlueOvalNews.
Thanks for the info Tony. I feel better about the GT Appearance package...to bad they added the 18" polished wheel to the delay list (cuz I have them on my order too)
Old 6/23/06, 07:16 PM
Cobra Member

I also ordered on 06-09. The salesman is VERY knowledgeable, he seems to be on top of the game. He said that 64W wheels and manual trannys are both causing production problems (I notice they're both mentioned in the other thread as well), but it only pushed production of my car back a week. No big deal in my opinion, I'd rather wait a bit to get exactly what I want My car is scheduled to be made next week, shipment is hopefully before the shutdown, but hard to say at this point.
Old 6/23/06, 08:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
I also ordered on 06-09. The salesman is VERY knowledgeable, he seems to be on top of the game. He said that 64W wheels and manual trannys are both causing production problems (I notice they're both mentioned in the other thread as well), but it only pushed production of my car back a week. No big deal in my opinion, I'd rather wait a bit to get exactly what I want My car is scheduled to be made next week, shipment is hopefully before the shutdown, but hard to say at this point.
Thanks for the information!