The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Anyone know? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/anyone-know-398370/)

robynspony 1/13/05 01:17 PM

Just wondering if anyone has any idea when ordering of 06's will start? My dealer say's spring, I'm hoping that means March! :dunno:

I want to wait for a Titianium :nice:

Thanks, Robyn

Altoid 1/13/05 01:49 PM

Production will mostly start late August early September, I would think. So maybe late March/April might be when ordering starts but I would think the banks don’t open until July at the earliest I could be wrong though.

Nichole 1/13/05 01:59 PM

I would assume around the same time as the 05 order bank opened...May.

robynspony 1/13/05 02:02 PM

Thanks for the info. If thats the case I might go ahead and buy an 05. I don't want to get the car and have to put it away for the winter. :crying: If I can have the car by June or july at the latest, I'd wait.

I'll wait till March and see if there's any news by then.

Nichole 1/13/05 02:08 PM

An 06 model will not be out by June or July.

Karpro 1/13/05 02:15 PM

I would expect to see orders to go in around june/july and actual product to arrive august/sept. Nothing official yet, just my best guess.

Hey this was post number 500. I should start working more, lol.

Kluski 1/13/05 02:30 PM

Originally posted by Karpro@January 13, 2005, 3:18 PM

Hey this was post number 500. I should start working more, lol.

:lol:

I never understood why a model year comes out in the calendar year before.

GhostTX 1/13/05 02:33 PM

Because its by fiscal year.

Altoid 1/13/05 02:49 PM

Personally I think it's more about saying it's ahead of its time.

Kahdir 1/13/05 07:43 PM

I wonder if Ford does like GM & Chrysler... I have seen colors for the next model year appear prior to end of prodution of the current year.... -as long as the model isn't changing :dunno:
I've seen Jeep, Dodge, Chevrolet, Buick & Saturn squeeze a few vehicles in different colors(no additional cost) than what was listed in their current brochures but became available in the following model year. (Usually colors like: blue, green and silver -somtimes yellow & orange) (Cadillac would do it @ additional cost)
Karpro is it possible to place an order w/ the Titanium color code and not get rejected?

robynspony 1/14/05 10:13 AM

I just heard from my dealer and he said I should be able to order an 06 in March and it will take about 12 weeks. I hope he's right :eek:

Drivetime 1/14/05 10:18 AM

Convertibles may reportedly be classed as 06's then - but does anyone think the model year designation for coupes might change early??

Altoid 1/14/05 10:19 AM

That’s mid May. I'm positive you won’t have it until late August early September. There’s no two ways about it that’s when the 2006’s come out not mid may.