2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anyone find an easter eggs yet

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/04, 06:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my 300C there are easter eggs in the computer. When I get in the mode I can reset the electronic throttle and once I recalibrated it it was even peppier. Has engine hour meter all kinds of stuff. Anyone find any yet on our Stang?
Old 12/1/04, 06:40 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The 99-04s had something like that.
Digital tach, speedo, etc.

I'm sure the new one has it too.
Old 12/1/04, 09:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Huh?
Old 12/1/04, 09:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
Easter Eggs, Kelly, are little goodies hidden in the code. THings they don't tell you about, or are not documented. You get to hunt for them, hence - Easter Eggs.

It comes from the PC world - things like a super basic flight simulator program that is built into Excel 97, crazy stuff like that. That's real, by the way - I played with it!
Old 12/1/04, 09:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Huh, wow. Very interesting. Thanks, I figured that's somewhat what it was. But what kind of things are hidden in the new 05's computer then I wonder?
Old 12/1/04, 09:41 PM
FR500 Member

100 more horsepower
Old 12/1/04, 09:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Features that you sometimes wished they shared since they are in the car. Like engine hour meter, oil and tranny temp. Engine tech info, thing like that.
Old 12/2/04, 07:36 AM
GT Member

It would be great if they had some way to turn off the seat belt alarm.
Old 12/2/04, 07:38 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ecgirard2@December 2, 2004, 8:39 AM
It goes off when you buckle the seat belt.
Old 12/2/04, 07:39 AM
Bullitt Member

How do you get to said easter eggs? Do you get to them through the message center? How?! (I take it nobody has found any in the '05, but where might one look if they were so inclined?)
Old 12/2/04, 08:17 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

There's a flight simulator in the message center???
Old 12/2/04, 08:17 AM
V6 Member

pretty sure you can do this -- check the manual. did it for my focus svt.
Old 12/2/04, 08:21 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by holderca1+December 2, 2004, 8:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 2, 2004, 8:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ecgirard2@December 2, 2004, 8:39 AM
It goes off when you buckle the seat belt. [/b][/quote]
Old 12/2/04, 08:21 AM
V6 Member

how do you find that egg in excel 97?!
Old 12/2/04, 08:26 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@December 1, 2004, 10:44 PM
100 more horsepower
Old 12/2/04, 08:26 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Google it!

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/eastereg.htm
Old 12/2/04, 09:48 AM
Cobra R Member

The only easter eggs I found were on the Ford Mustang site... click on the flaming pony and a redfire GT jumps out @ you... then click on the red GT in front of the screen and watch it drive off...
Old 12/2/04, 10:35 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Kahdir@December 2, 2004, 11:51 AM
The only easter eggs I found were on the Ford Mustang site... click on the flaming pony and a redfire GT jumps out @ you... then click on the red GT in front of the screen and watch it drive off...
Those were cool! Never noticed that before.
Old 12/2/04, 10:54 AM
Bullitt Member

To disable the seat belt alarm do this. I "assume" it will work on the 05. I did it on my 02 stang, and in the 04 F250 and it works!

The Belt MinderTM is the electronic warning system to remind you to use your safety belt system. It's a combination of a sounding chime and the illuminating warning light on your instrument panel. The Belt Minder is active from the time the vehicle leaves the factory. When active, if the driver's safety belt is not buckled in about 5 seconds from the time the warning light has turned off, the warning light will again illuminate and the alarm chime will sound for 6 seconds, repeating itself every 30 seconds for the next 5 minutes, or until you buckle your seat belt. This procedure applies to most newer vehicles equipped with BeltMinder, not just Ford trucks.

Important Notes:
Follow these instructions at your own risk! Not wearing your seatbelt may be illegal in your area. Always be sure you're aware of your local laws, and wearing your seatbelt!

Procedures
You can Deactivate the Belt Minder two ways. First, you can deactivate it temporarily for your current "run cycle", that is after you have started your car and it's still running. Second, you completely deactivate the Belt Minder so that it never reminds you again, or at least until your reactivate it...

The first method, temporary deactivation, or one time disable: After you have started your vehicle, buckle and then un-buckle your safety belt. Be sure to buckle back up.... This will disable the Belt Minder only for that ignition cycle.

The second method, permanent deactivation: There are 9 steps you need to follow to deactivate or activate your Belt Minder system. Before doing so, make sure that:

The parking brake is set.
The truck/car is in Park (automatic), Neutral (manual).
The ignition is OFF.
All doors are closed.
The driver's safety belt is un-buckled.
The parking and headlights are OFF.
Then follow these 9 steps:

Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START.
Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes).
Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!

Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights.
Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.

Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt.
This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.

Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds.
Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again.
After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete.
Old 12/2/04, 11:23 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by porkster+December 2, 2004, 11:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (porkster @ December 2, 2004, 11:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ecgirard2@December 2, 2004, 8:39 AM
To disable the seat belt alarm do this. I "assume" it will work on the 05. I did it on my 02 stang, and in the 04 F250 and it works!

The Belt MinderTM is the electronic warning system to remind you to use your safety belt system. It's a combination of a sounding chime and the illuminating warning light on your instrument panel. The Belt Minder is active from the time the vehicle leaves the factory. When active, if the driver's safety belt is not buckled in about 5 seconds from the time the warning light has turned off, the warning light will again illuminate and the alarm chime will sound for 6 seconds, repeating itself every 30 seconds for the next 5 minutes, or until you buckle your seat belt. This procedure applies to most newer vehicles equipped with BeltMinder, not just Ford trucks.

Important Notes:
Follow these instructions at your own risk! Not wearing your seatbelt may be illegal in your area. Always be sure you're aware of your local laws, and wearing your seatbelt!

Procedures
You can Deactivate the Belt Minder two ways. First, you can deactivate it temporarily for your current "run cycle", that is after you have started your car and it's still running. Second, you completely deactivate the Belt Minder so that it never reminds you again, or at least until your reactivate it...

The first method, temporary deactivation, or one time disable: After you have started your vehicle, buckle and then un-buckle your safety belt. Be sure to buckle back up.... This will disable the Belt Minder only for that ignition cycle.

The second method, permanent deactivation: There are 9 steps you need to follow to deactivate or activate your Belt Minder system. Before doing so, make sure that:

The parking brake is set.
The truck/car is in Park (automatic), Neutral (manual).
The ignition is OFF.
All doors are closed.
The driver's safety belt is un-buckled.
The parking and headlights are OFF.
Then follow these 9 steps:

Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START.
Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes).
Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!

Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights.
After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.

Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt.
This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.

Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds.
Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again.
After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete. [/b][/quote]
Is that for real or just an attempt to make someone look dumb sitting in their car trying to do all that?

Quick Reply: Anyone find an easter eggs yet