2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

All Shaker Systems Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 11/30/04, 05:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, that is scary. Sounds like a recall in the works!!!
Old 11/30/04, 09:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Originally posted by patcannone@November 30, 2004, 5:33 PM
I have the Shaker500 system. I had the CD Player replaced 2 weeks ago because the cds whether new or burned would emit occassional garbled sound, then it would restart from the point of the garbled sound. This would happen more frequently on burned discs. Also, regarding all burned discs, as the laser reached songs toward the end of the cd, the music would have a static sound coming out of the speakers, then disc stops abruptly and shifts to the next disc. Fogetabout MP3, it would only read the first 3 tracks of the first folder, before shifting the cd or spitting it out.

These were are all discs that are read clearly on all my other cd systems including my cheap cd walkman and including my cd component from my stereo system purchased in 1989. Also, I am cautious when handling my cds to avoid fingerprints and/or scratching of the discs.

Now to Shaker500 Player #2 placed in my TorchRed GT 2 weeks ago... Unfortunately same problem...brand new cd...put in...plays perfectly, next day one of the tracks is garbled, player resamples the track, starts back at the point of error and plays through. Same Problems with other original cds. You cannot predict when or if it will occur, sometimes it does on one track, sometimes not. But unfortunately, even on this replacement model, it is rare the cd that plays through without a problem.

Burned CDs? Unfortunately I have yet to be able to play one yet through without some garbling of music including static towards the end of burned cds. I cannot and will not accept the excuse of brandname of cdr as I do use brandname cdrs and burn at the lowest speed.

I own a 1994 Buick beater that I will use over the winter with a cheapeo BestBuy indash CD player...which has never given me any problems. All CDs burned or original play without any problem.

With this said, I do love my Mustang, however I purchased the Shaker500 for my Mustang because I enjoy to listen to music and I thought that with its mp3 capability I would be able to listen to a wide range of my music on my business trips. Ford must know that there is a problem. I would hope that it's addressed asap.

According to the poll 25% of us are having some kind of trouble overall with this system.

FORD are you listening???? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Pat you are dead on right in your comments. I have no problems with my burned or bought CDs in any CD player, home, Jeep, or 65 fastback.

I typically burn it at the fastest speed I can, and fill up the disc as full as possible.

I've had problems burning CDs on Sony blank CDRs; no problems with Memorex.

Regardless of brand, if it burns, it plays in anything I own.

And they should play in the Shaker 500 or 1000; all the more so considering the incremental cost for these systems.

My GT Deluxe is on order, but I hope and pray that Ford gets this fixed soon -- for all you guys who already have the problem, and for us still on or waiting to order.

Inexcusable in a $20k - $30k car.
Old 12/1/04, 09:04 AM

Pat you are dead on right in your comments. I have no problems with my burned or bought CDs in any CD player, home, Jeep, or 65 fastback.

I typically burn it at the fastest speed I can, and fill up the disc as full as possible.

I've had problems burning CDs on Sony blank CDRs; no problems with Memorex.

Regardless of brand, if it burns, it plays in anything I own.

And they should play in the Shaker 500 or 1000; all the more so considering the incremental cost for these systems.

My GT Deluxe is on order, but I hope and pray that Ford gets this fixed soon -- for all you guys who already have the problem, and for us still on or waiting to order.

Inexcusable in a $20k - $30k car.[/QUOTE]
Mike, I agree, we paid a premium to have a player installed that was supposed to provide enhanced performance, but for a good many of us, it has caused more headaches than enjoyment.

I hope for your sake, and everyone else who will be getting their new Mustangs soon that Ford will have resolved the problems. As for myself, I will once again report the issues that I'm having, but probably won't have it addressed until after the winter, as I don't want to drive it in our wintery/salty roads. We got as much as 5 inches of snow last night, so the Mustang is tucked away in my garage.
Old 12/1/04, 09:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Pat: Brrrrr---that's why I live in the deep South. I'd much rather rake leaves in December and mow the lawn in January than shovel snow or have to avoid salty roads.

God bless you, man. Good luck with your Shaker problesm; please keep us posted on how you make out.
Old 12/2/04, 03:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Dealer called. My new Shaker 1000 system is in along with a new alarm sensor (problem with that as well. see earlier reply in this post). Having both installed tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Old 12/2/04, 03:40 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Mtang78@December 2, 2004, 4:27 PM
Dealer called. My new Shaker 1000 system is in along with a new alarm sensor (problem with that as well. see earlier reply in this post). Having both installed tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Good luck! Let us know how it works out.
Old 12/2/04, 05:03 PM
GT Member

I didn't think I would have to post anything here because my Shaker 1000 was working just fine, but now, it won't play any CD's at all. I talked to the dealer, and the place that they have replace them, won't have them in until the beginning of next year. That means that I have to go a whole month or so without listening to CD's. That stinks. I would suggest to anyone ordering now, wait until the problem is fixed. I am sure someone will come out with the system in the aftermarket (without problems) sooner or later, just like they did with the Mach 1000 system. Well, that's my 2 cents worth. Later.

-Andy
Old 12/3/04, 01:02 PM
Bullitt Member

My Shaker 1000 just went bad today, have had the car for a week and 2 days. I ejected a cd, put in another, it did hte read deisc thing, spit it out. Then one got stuck in there ...

this is not good
Old 12/3/04, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by patcannone@November 30, 2004, 5:33 PM
According to the poll 25% of us are having some kind of trouble overall with this system.

FORD are you listening???? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Answer of Ford: may be your hands just grow out of the wrong place?

Just a joke
Old 9/18/05, 08:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mine Shaker 500 is pooch screwed. It simply won't load any CDs - it spits them all out saying "Bad Disc". Doesn't matter if it's store bought music CDs or burned CDs.
Old 9/19/05, 03:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

It's been a little less than a month, but I've played nothing but Verbatim CDRW's with MP3's, and no skips. I did try a couple Memorex CDRW's, but the unit wouldn't read them. I won't try that brand again!
Old 9/19/05, 11:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

My shaker 500 skips a lot (burned audio CD's). It is very annoying. My build date was the first week of July, 2005.
Old 9/19/05, 01:26 PM
GT Member

I just picked up my '06 on Saturday. First mp3 disk I put in skipped. :angry:

I burned a new one today at work and I'm going to try it on my commute home tonight. If it skips too, I'm afraid I will have to give the dealer a call.
Old 10/3/05, 07:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

My Shaker 1000 worked fine when I first got it, but now it doesn't want to read my burned MP3 CDR. I can't remember what brand the CDR is offhand, but I am using the same disc that worked a week ago...
Old 10/3/05, 07:54 AM
GT Member

Just to follow up my previous post, new disks that I have burned play fine. The one that was skipping had numerous subfolders on it and I think that may have been the problem.

I burned the new disks with only one level of folders, and I burned them at a slow speed (2X). So far so good.
Old 10/4/05, 05:27 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My second shaker has been just fine....99% of the time.
The first one however, blew.
Didn't work right at all most of the time.
Old 10/4/05, 08:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
Don't burn at your burner's top speed. 2x or 4x. Yeah, I know that's slow.

One level of folders only.

If you still have no joy, call the dealer!