2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Agent 47

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/06, 07:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok i didnt read the first post that well... oops, sorry bout that. Yeah hopefully they are powered. lok pretty cool, although it does look a tad p-chopped in that ad.
Old 9/26/06, 07:38 AM

This cage is really a waste of money in my opinion. It is not a NHRA or IHRA legal cage and therefore would not work at the track while dragracing.
A real roll cage is either welded to the chassis/floorpan or attached to the floor pan with 6 x 6 1/4" steel plates with a minimum of 4 3/8 bolts attaching the plate to the floor. This cage is screwed on the the rear plastic quarter trim panels and the kick panels. This is not going to add any structural rigidity to the car either. Why not put in a real six-point cage if you need a cage?
The vortex generators and the headlights are all very rice and not for my tastes at all. That wing is butt ugly!
Old 9/26/06, 01:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Tell us how you REALLY feel...
Old 9/26/06, 01:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by uberPony
This cage is really a waste of money in my opinion. It is not a NHRA or IHRA legal cage and therefore would not work at the track while dragracing.
A real roll cage is either welded to the chassis/floorpan or attached to the floor pan with 6 x 6 1/4" steel plates with a minimum of 4 3/8 bolts attaching the plate to the floor. This cage is screwed on the the rear plastic quarter trim panels and the kick panels. This is not going to add any structural rigidity to the car either. Why not put in a real six-point cage if you need a cage?
The vortex generators and the headlights are all very rice and not for my tastes at all. That wing is butt ugly!
i tend to agree

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Tell us how you REALLY feel...
haha
Old 9/26/06, 01:47 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally Posted by Cheese302
those mirrors look kinda photoshopped. and also the other pics he posted do not ahve them on it. However, are they going to produce them? and what he asked
yes the pic in the ad of the finished car is a photoshopped version of what their car will look like when done, but they are planning on making the mirrors, as for the rest of the questions I am getting answers now.
Old 9/26/06, 02:01 PM

Dont know how you define RICE but I dont think it has anything to do with whether or not you like the asthetics of a car, it more refers to things on a car that dont make sense or serve no purpose while often taking away from its overall appearance or performance. For instance, a bunch of stickers on a car of companies and parts that arent on the car, a giant wing that doesnt create any kind of downforce or on a car that just doesnt go fast enough to use it or even track the car, underglow, spinners, fake blowoff valves, ect. In the case of this car, it is being designed to actually run auto cross events, Agent 47 runs in NASA, so the vortex generators, while you might not like the appearance, serve a purpose and are functional. The gills and the headlights are also functional and bring cold air and ram it directly into the intake, adding to the overall performance of the car. The wing is also functional and provides a good deal of downforce which is also needed while racing autocross, and they did this while still maintaining a classic ducktail look instead of a giant GT wing. This wing is the only one that I know of that is actually wind and downforce tested. All of these "RICEY" products you mention are all tested and proven to be functional. I will provide more info on the testing as I get it.
Old 9/26/06, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by IWantMyNewGT
Do you know if the mirrors are motorized and utilize the factory switch on the driver door?
From Agent 47:
Our mirror use the factory mirror motor and controls and bolts on thru the factory holes.
Old 9/26/06, 04:26 PM

They do make race legal cages for previous model stangs and I just got this from Agent 47 about this one...
We havent got any racing approvals yet. This first version is for people that want to keep their car streetable. Our last weld in Innerframe was NHRA approved but that pretty much rendered the back seat unusable. We plan on making a race legal cage which will involve welding the rear kickers and a harness bar but that will come a little later. It is designed so you can just bolt it in but we recommend welding in a few key areas. The good thing is everywhere we recommend welding is behing the interior panels and is not visible and is done when your interior is out so nothing gets burnt.
Old 9/26/06, 04:27 PM

They are also in production of a Gurney Flap for the ducktail, which the first version of will be operated manually.
Old 9/27/06, 10:42 AM
Cobra R Member

anyone going to make a gurney flap kinda deal for the flat trunk lid. the spoiler (although functional) looks to big for my car, but a lip spoiler of some sort would look cool.
Old 9/27/06, 10:59 AM
Cobra Member

There are so many imitations of the GTR headlight treatment: this new one, the Saleen Parnelli Jones version, the little splitter that goes across the stock headlight... When will someone actually make a GTR replica fascia and headlights?
Old 9/27/06, 01:47 PM

anyone going to make a gurney flap kinda deal for the flat trunk lid. the spoiler (although functional) looks to big for my car, but a lip spoiler of some sort would look cool.
are you asking if they are going to make a gurney flap? if so the answer is yes its in the post above your question
Old 9/27/06, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Vermillion06
There are so many imitations of the GTR headlight treatment: this new one, the Saleen Parnelli Jones version, the little splitter that goes across the stock headlight... When will someone actually make a GTR replica fascia and headlights?
uhmmm the PJ car is pretty darn close

only difference is the lights and the fact that the piece of the bumper thats on the outside of the lights go straight up and down instead of slanting in

but you could always just do the Shebly front end

then add the splitter that they sell to get the look then add these headlights and youll have the exact stup
Old 10/4/06, 05:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
are you asking if they are going to make a gurney flap? if so the answer is yes its in the post above your question
i was thinknig more along the lines of a lip spoiler kind of deal for the top of the trunk. i have a spoiler delete car and would prefer to have something that didnt require the factory holes. kind of like the small lip deal that multimatic used on the 55 grand am cup car in the 05 season.

and the mirrors sound awesome, i may need to invest in a pair
Old 10/5/06, 12:32 AM

i was thinknig more along the lines of a lip spoiler kind of deal for the top of the trunk. i have a spoiler delete car and would prefer to have something that didnt require the factory holes. kind of like the small lip deal that multimatic used on the 55 grand am cup car in the 05 season.

and the mirrors sound awesome, i may need to invest in a pair
do you have a pic of what you are talking about and I can pass it along to them
Old 10/5/06, 06:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
do you have a pic of what you are talking about and I can pass it along to them
you can see it in this pic. after looking at the race photos arpparently they didnt use it, but i could have sworn it was on there during race coverage on speed.

Old 10/5/06, 01:50 PM

im sure they could make something like that, but that looks way too small to provide any kind of downforce, I could be wrong, but I do know that Agent 47 did test their spoiler and it needed to be that size to get any kind of usefull downforce.
Old 10/5/06, 04:32 PM
Cobra R Member

i have to be blatently honest with you, and this reason is very odd for me. however, i just like that spoiler because i think it looks cool. usually i only like something if its functional, but this is different. i think the reason its used is more for increasing or decreasing drag more than make actual downforce.
Old 11/6/06, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Lets get that functional cage up and running, Id liek to see a legal cage. Not just a bolt to plastic dealy
Old 11/7/06, 06:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the heads-up. I ordered their brake duct kit. Very clean design.

Not sure about the roll cage yet. Something tells me it doesn't just bolt to the plastic, though. I'd guess it looks that way, but that there is some sort of backing plate that sandwiches the tub. Hopefully this will be clarified soon.

Quick Reply: Agent 47