The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Acadian's "Shelby" (GT350 tribute) is up for sale (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/acadians-shelby-gt350-tribute-up-sale-422651/)

acadian 10/12/05 08:44 AM

Originally posted by raisingkahne2004+October 11, 2005, 4:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(raisingkahne2004 @ October 11, 2005, 4:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think you could do the same thing. Advertise it that you're selling tickets for $100 each and that you will sell a MAXIMUM of 350 tickets. That was a HUGE selling point on the one I saw. Heck, for a hundred bucks I'd be willing to take a 1 in 350 shot of winning a $35,000 car. Then just add in the stipulation that if all 350 tickets aren't sold, the money will be returned (or donated to charity).
[/b]

I like this idea. The idea of selling only a certain amount of tickets is a good one. That way you keep the number of tickets down, and in turn keep the chances of winning up. I think $100 might be a little steep if I want to make sure to sell all the tickets. But I'm not sure... the less they cost, the more need to be sold and therefor the chances of winning decrease. Also, $35k may be what this car is worth with all the mods, but I got the payoff amount from the bank yesterday, and then added that to 50% of what I paid for the mods (I think that's fair), and got $30,500. So, $30k is what I'd want from a raffle. That would pay off my car note, and help me a lot with the mods. That's 300 @ $100, 400 @ $75, 600 @ $50 or 1000 @ $30.

Originally posted by raisingkahne2004@October 11, 2005, 4:24 PM
And I'm definitely sorry to hear about your situation. To let you know though, things might just work out in the end. I didn't have to survive a hurricane, but I did have to put my hopes of buying on '05 on hold at the beginning of the year when we bought a new house and then had a baby in June. It's definily worth it though :)) And now things have settled down a little, so we're looking again at ordering. I can see the same thing working out for you!

I can see this happening too, trust me. I will rise back. I guess it depends on how soon things get back to normal around here. My first car was a Mustang though, and so will my last.

Sorry to hear you had to put your hopes on hold. You made the right choice though. A house is so much more important than a car. My wife and I are living in a 450 sq. ft. "guest house" right now and were starting to build the "main house" right next to it. As cozy as our little house is, it's no place to raise a child. The house has one bedroom... not even a living room or anywhere to put a crib. So, for now I have to put my hopes of owning a stang on hold again. It will be worth it in the end.

Originally posted by MilStang@October 11, 2005, 4:34 PM
Well I would be willing to buy a ticket as well. My prayers are with you and your family as well during this time. Hopefully, in a short time you will be able to get a new Stang ... maybe an SE. :nice:

Originally posted by tammijoe@October 11, 2005, 4:46 PM
Acadian, I am so sorry to hear your story. I wish I could buy her today...she is beautiful. I hope mine will look that good once I start on the mods. I will say that if you do raffle her off I would buy a ticket or two. I live in the Baton Rouge area, and I am sure I could find a few other people who would also buy one. Just let me know. Good luck B)

Thank you everyone for offering to buy a ticket. This thing may just happen. And Tammijoe, I actually evacuated to Baton Rouge for a couple weeks when Katrina hit. I know that a lot of evacuees stayed there too. With all the extra people, and traffic, there now... things aren't going to be exactly normal for you either for a while. But New Orleans couldn't get back to normal if it wasn't for cities like Baton Rouge stepping up. :nice:

<!--QuoteBegin-DanteMO
@October 11, 2005, 10:46 PM
What we've done is if we got something that cost let's say 5K (Plasma screen TV), and the amount of tickets sold doesn't reach that mark, we make it a 50-50 raffle (we openly tell people BEFORE they buy a ticket that this is the case). That way you don't have to worry about refunding the money. You draw a name and that person win's 50% of whats in the pot. What you do with the other 50% is well... something you'd have to figure out. For us, it went to the charity we are involved with.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't do the 50/50 thing though. You are a different story... in that you need all the money you can get. I understand your situation. If all of the tickets didn't sell, I'd have all the money donated to Katrina relief. Simply because there are many more people out there struggling right now who need it more than I do.

When you do a raffle like this, do you use a third party? And how would you pick the winner? I don't think I have a hat big enough to put hundreds of names in and pick one out. Maybe I could use the paper bag I wore over my head last weekend when the Packers crushed the Saints. :shame:

gshub77 10/12/05 08:52 AM

I am definatly down for a ticket or two depending on how late at night I buy these tickets. I hope all goes well for you and a big congrats on the baby.

acadian 10/12/05 09:06 AM

Originally posted by Ballz+October 11, 2005, 11:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ballz @ October 11, 2005, 11:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would gladly buy a ticket! At the same time its heart breaking because this is my absolute favorite Stang on this site or any where. Sorry to see you lose it.
[/b]

I appreciate that. And glad to see you like my car. Hopefully a TMS member like yourself will get my car. That would help me get through this a lot faster. Some people might want to not see their car again to not be reminded of it... but I would actually like to be able to see pics of my car on here, and see that someone who loves Mustangs has it. That way I could sleep at night knowing it's in good hands.

Originally posted by 38special@October 12, 2005, 8:53 AM
I'm glad my raffle ticket idea is getting so much play here. I think it may work for you Ian. I would buy a ticket. :nice:

I would consider moving to another area if your work situation does not get better though. :dunno:

I doubt that you would want to move to the snow belt though. :-D

Mark... thanks for the raffle idea. It could actually work. And is the only way where I could get the money I want for it, as well as make sure a true Mustanger gets the car and treats her right. Plus, it would be cool as you-know-what to make somebody that happy by giving them my car for next to nothing. I could sorta feel like Chip Foose for a day. He designs and builds a car and gives it to some lucky person who you know is gonna love that car as much as he does.

And I think I'll stay down south for a while. :lol:

<!--QuoteBegin-tammijoe
@October 12, 2005, 9:39 AM
Acadian, I must say since I joined this forum yesterday all I want to do is read this thread. There are so many nice people on here, I had been reading other forums but this one seems to be the best.
[/quote]

I have been to other forums and TMS has the best people on the net. You can thank Brad, and all the Mods, for that. And all the people here too, of course. I have spent so much time on here the last year and a half, and have learned so much. And to those of you who think I'll leave once I don't have my car anymore... forget about it. I'll be around for a while. ;)

HorsC 10/12/05 06:05 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your situation! I hope everything works out for you and your family, i will keep you in my thoughts and hope that you will return to the TMS family from time to time to check in! God Bless you and your family!

ALSO...

I would LOVE to buy your car, Your car has always been one of my favorites on the site :drool:, i only wish i could buy her, and hey i'm even from LOUISIANA! I will definatly spread the word around to all my Mustang loving friends and my boyfriend, I showed him your car a while back and he was head over heels in love with her :worship: ! Also i won't tell anyone that i wouldn't be willing to sell my own car too....I know it would be hard to sell it not knowing the person would take imaculant (sp?) care of her as you so obviously have.
I think the raffle is a great idea, i like the idea of a reserve or a maximum number of tickets sold, i also think that ebay would be a great place to sell her, you could put a reserve up...also though is there some kind of law/rule or somethings that says "i reserve to right to refuse a sale to anyone"? That way you could make sure they were going to take care of her....Maybe not....maybe that just for the stupid drunks at bars! :rolleyes"

Take care!

Ballz 10/12/05 11:57 PM

Originally posted by acadian@October 12, 2005, 11:09 AM
I appreciate that. And glad to see you like my car. Hopefully a TMS member like yourself will get my car. That would help me get through this a lot faster. Some people might want to not see their car again to not be reminded of it... but I would actually like to be able to see pics of my car on here, and see that someone who loves Mustangs has it. That way I could sleep at night knowing it's in good hands.

One thing my girlfriend hated about my Mustang was how much time I spent on it. haha A little competition would be good for her. :jester:

That and my 8 month old would looooove a car with a/c. haha

The raffle really does seem to be the best bet. As a community we'll get to help you out of a bad situation and somebody will get a new Stang for a cheap price. I know its hard to let her go after all the love put into it but I know somebody will love her too.

Congrats on the baby! Kids are just as fun to buy clothes for as it is to buy parts for cars! Babies look cute in any thing.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/180312/david.jpg

CelticNut 10/13/05 07:59 AM

Ian, I'm sorry to hear of your recent misfortune. I can relate because I experienced major financial anxiety after relocating and reassessing my debt/income ratio. Lucky for me, I was able to find a way to balance my budget. I hope the best for you. I have always enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your progress. Seeing your pony leave the corral would be a sad day indeed.

acadian 10/13/05 08:23 AM

Thank you so much for the support. It means the world to me. As for the raffle, as all of you probably know, 38special started a poll to see who would be in. So, depending on whether or not I think I'll get enough support, I may be raffling my car and starting to sell tickets to TMS members within the next couple weeks.

Celeste, thanks for thinking of me. And I'm glad to see others feel the same way about my car that I do. If I did raffle off my car, I'd be depending on TMS members like yourself to spread the word to family and friends who love Mustangs like we do. That would be the only way I could hope to sell the 600 tickets that I'd need to.

Brian, thanks for posting that pic. It just helps me realize what's really important... and makes me know that I'm doing the right thing here. And that sure is a cute kid you got there!

Chris... so you know what I'm going through. I'm tellin' you, it's rough. One day you are flying along, and the next day your world is basically turned upside down. I'm just glad I have you guys and gals here to help me through this. And if I did raffle off my car, you'd be helping me more than you know... by getting me what I want, and need, for my car. Also, you'd be helping me by not making me sell it to a complete stranger.

davids2toys 10/14/05 07:06 PM

Originally posted by Vegasjay@October 11, 2005, 7:42 PM
Man Ian, I was having a good day until now...I'm not one to tear up, but this thread is not an easy one to get through without that occuring. I don't have the word's to describe how heart wrenching your situation is. You are the only one that I know that was in the huricane wrecked region and it really drive's home what a disaster this is and will continue to be for a long time...If I had the extra money I would buy her for you and store it till you could get her back. :nice: I can tell you this much, if this raffle thing work's out I will buy a few ticket's and were luck to favor me I will crate her up for you. I will miss you Ian. Take care of yourself and your family. I hope nothing but good fortune find's your way. :nice:

I agree with all that you have said Justin...Ian will surely be missed by us all, I am still keeping his car as my wallpaper on my computer. I have also watch this car make the transformation to it's present modded state. Ian great car has been a role model for my car......Thanks Ian, for your input, helpful PM's, and for being a man of integrity doing the right thing for his family...GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS!!! :nice: ...............Dave

acadian 10/17/05 08:48 AM

Dave, thanks! I know you are one of the people who has been following my car since the start. Glad to know I've affected people in a good way, and have even been an inspiration. :nice:

acadian 10/17/05 10:29 AM

As for the raffle, I just posted some new info here in my poll. Anyone interested in the raffle should definitely read it. And don't hesitate to let me know if you'd change anything. Any ideas are welcome.

Ripstang 10/18/05 06:19 PM

Ian I really hate to hear you give up your pride and joy ,i myself about 11 years ago had to give up my favorite classic car (a 1959 Chevrolet ) because of a severe depression here ,a lot of people were out of work including myself and my wife at the time had lost here job as well ,Her car was sold off and that left us with 1 good used pickup .
It got us through the rough spot and I did manage to get a job that payed not to bad within a month but its not the same when you had 2 good paying jobs for income ,Selling that chev really bothered me but like a good friend told me there will always be cars .....when you ready for it again and you have the money you'll find another one ...all in good time .
You family comes first ,friends then toys when the time is right who knows you may get it back or find another ...either way You been a great insperation to all of us here and I wish you the best of luck with the new addition to the family thats sure to keep you busy for some time to come ,if you put as much effort in you new child as your Mustang the world will surely be a better place :cheers:

acadian 10/19/05 08:00 AM

Craig, thanks for the words of encouragement. The closer I get to actually having to part with my car, the harder it gets. I'm sure I will go through a state of depression when we part. But, that will probably end when my child is born and I see what's really important.

acadian 10/21/05 09:06 AM

The raffle idea is looking like it won't happen afterall. It's illegal for me to raffle it myself, and I haven't had any luck with getting a third-party non-profit organization to host it for me. I also have had no luck with any lawyers. So, for now I am still trying to sell it. I calculated the very least I can afford to get for it, and that is $28,500. The NADA private seller value on my car, with almost 16k miles, is $27k. If you take into account that the car has about $7k in mods, and is a one of a kind, that's not a bad deal at all. I am still trying to decide if I want to list it on eBay, because if it doesn't sell, it'll cost me close to $100 just to list it. Before I go listing it on eBay or Autotrader, I thought I'd post here with the 28.5k firm offer, and see what happens. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Donna 10/21/05 09:33 AM

Best of luck to you! I hope you sell it soon. Someone will be getting a dream car.

Donna 10/21/05 09:39 AM

Another thing...
Take Tony up on his idea to create you a page. Even if you list it on Autotrader its a great way to add all your info and alot more pics. I linked my page to my Autotrader ad.

travste 10/21/05 09:44 AM

you can list it for free on www.mustangtrader.com
I sold my 1999 V6 that way, worked out pretty good.

Good luck with selling it

acadian 10/21/05 09:50 AM

Donna, thanks for the reminder about a webpage. I actually got an e-mail from another member, named Travis, offering to make me a webpage. He is an actual webpage designer, so I may let him do it. Just because he's got a lot of experience, and has some time off to do it right now. Tony, I appreciate your offer though. :nice:

I plan to do a complete wash/wax/detail of the car this weekend and take a bunch of pics. If I don't hear back from anyone who I am in contact with about hosting the auction by the beginning of next week, I'll go ahead and post an ad on autotrader.com with a link to my webpage. I'll be sure to post it here so that everyone can take a look, and hopefully spread the word.

SixtySix 10/21/05 12:19 PM

No problem, Ian.

For the record though, I'm a professional Web Developer for the largest publisher of Alternative Newsweeklies in the country.

D'oh! :jaw:

azlitigator 10/21/05 12:42 PM

:rofl2:

MojoKhan 10/21/05 01:26 PM

Originally posted by SixtySix@October 21, 2005, 12:22 PM
No problem, Ian.

For the record though, I'm a professional Web Developer for the largest publisher of Alternative Newsweeklies in the country.

D'oh! :jaw:

Please define "alternative".