2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acadian's "Shelby" (GT350 tribute) is up for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/05, 03:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about the difficulties and hope everything works out for you and the new family. That is a gorgeous car and someone will be very lucky to own it!

With all the money that has been raised for the disaster, it is a shame there is so little that is actually going to the people affected.
Old 10/10/05, 03:57 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think the problem is that too much of the money is being given to those looking for a 'hand out' , and not enough being given to those like Ian, looking for a 'hand up'.
Old 10/10/05, 03:59 PM
Cobra Member

Sorry to hear about your situation, but judging by the response in this thread, you'll obviously be missed here if you leave.

Good luck with selling your car!
Old 10/10/05, 04:00 PM
FR500 Member

Thanks again for the comments. I appreciate all the advice too. This is why I joined TMS in the first place. Without a doubt the best group of people on the net. :worship:

I may try to set up some sort of raffle. I could put a link to my website here at TMS (if allowed), as well as any other forums I can, with a link to a paypal site where everyone would send $30- or whatever it may be. At the end of the raffle, anything over the minimum price I want to make for the car could be donated to the Red Cross for Katrina relief in the names of any forums that hosted my link. I think it would be possible to get enough people wanting to pay $30 for the chance at winning a new car... and at the very least helping out the Red Cross or an individual Katrina victim who is selling the car.
Old 10/10/05, 04:21 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally posted by acadian@October 10, 2005, 6:03 PM
Thanks again for the comments. I appreciate all the advice too. This is why I joined TMS in the first place. Without a doubt the best group of people on the net. :worship:

I may try to set up some sort of raffle. I could put a link to my website here at TMS (if allowed), as well as any other forums I can, with a link to a paypal site where everyone would send $30- or whatever it may be. At the end of the raffle, anything over the minimum price I want to make for the car could be donated to the Red Cross for Katrina relief in the names of any forums that hosted my link. I think it would be possible to get enough people wanting to pay $30 for the chance at winning a new car... and at the very least helping out the Red Cross or an individual Katrina victim who is selling the car.
i don't even know you but after reading this thread, i'd buy a ticket just to help you out...
Old 10/10/05, 04:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I weep for you friend, literally. Having to sell such a piece of artwork must be devastating, but I know it cannot nearly match the financial pain you're also facing at the moment. Best of luck and hope to see you soon.
Old 10/10/05, 04:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ian, this is such a bummer! I have thoroughly enjoyed watching you build up your Mustang. I certainly hope you find the right person to buy it from you and as beautiful as it is I don't think that will be a problem. Good luck to you and your family in the future. Be sure to let us know how your doing and if you need anything you know where to find us.
Old 10/10/05, 05:10 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Ian-

Good luck to you and your family!! Please stick around even after you sell. This place is more about the people than the cars!!
Old 10/10/05, 06:18 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by TheMustangSource@October 10, 2005, 11:38 AM
As an Alabama-based business, it is illegal for us to do a raffle.
Would it be illegal for you to put up a sticky thread and help him promote his raffle or something like that? All I know is that if I had the money, I'd jump at his car, but I'm too busy paying off my own. But I'd sure-as-heck buy a ticket!

And Ian, I'm sorry to see you go and I do hope you'll be back from time to time. Yours was one of the names I was always glad to see contributing. You will be missed... and good luck!
Old 10/10/05, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ian,

I hope everything works out for you and your family. I know it is very hard to give up your car, but think about all the great things ahead of you. I mean, I don't really know what it must feel like to be a dad, but I can tell you that it must feel really good. I hope all will be okay for you, and hopefully you will be back one day.

Even though I've only been on these forums for a few short months, I can tell you that I will really miss you.

Again, I hope all of this works out. We love you!

///Chris
Old 10/10/05, 06:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Ian, just because you won't have your car, doesn't mean you can't still be on the site. Like the others said, alot of us don't have the new Mustang, so don't hesitate to stick around and contribute. Take care, your car is beautiful.
Old 10/10/05, 07:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just remember that the 07 and 08 models are just around the corner. As soon as your situation improves, you will be 'back in the saddle again'...
Old 10/10/05, 08:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear about your financial problems but you have your priorities in line and the house and the family should always come first. I hope that your car winds up with someone who can appreciate the time and engery that you have put into your beautiful car. Good luck my friend!
Old 10/10/05, 10:09 PM
FR500 Member

u honestly have put together one of the nices s197's ive seen
Old 10/10/05, 10:17 PM
FR500 Member

Good luck and good health to you and your family! There will be another time for your cars. Stick around though, OK.
Old 10/11/05, 02:19 AM
Cobra Member

I'm really sorry to hear it had to come to this for you, Ian.
Katrina was a far-away thing in the news for me so far, until it hit you personally, a member of our community, a guy whose passion and dedication to his Mustang I've admired from the beginning.
Now, I'd buy a raffle ticket (should you decide to go ahead with it) in a minute. Keep us posted!
Good luck with everything, family IS indeed the most important thing!
Old 10/11/05, 02:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Unhappy

Hope the best for you and your family!
That's one awesome car you built up.
I hope one day to do the same.
Things will get better and you will be on that road again!
Happy Trails my friend!!!
Old 10/11/05, 04:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ian,
May God be with you and your family.
I will pray for you and your situation.

I know that this is hard, but when you see a new, precious little life enter into the world, most of the pain will go away.

You are a true example of man-hood.

A true mustang lover and one who deserves the car more than a lot of people who won't appreciate her as much as you.

Time will heal the wounds and the next pony will be much sweeter.

God bless and promise you'll post pics of the new arrival.
Old 10/11/05, 07:39 AM
FR500 Member

I can't thank you all enough for your kind words. I had to let my wife read all the posts this morning... and she said, "now I know, and completely understand why you are on here all the time!" Someone said the people are what make this place... and I couldn't agree more.

As far as a raffle, I like the idea... because it may be the only way for me to get what I really want, and need, for my car. It's not like I'm selling it because I'm bored and want something new. If I was, I could see losing some on the deal. But, I actually need to sell it... so I'd like to lose as little as possible. The bad things I see about a raffle are 1... not getting enough people in on it to make the money (I wouldn't want to charge more than $30 for a ticket and that's close to a thousand people) and 2... what if Joe Shmoe (maybe even a Chevy guy) gets lucky and wins the car? If I sell it myself, I make sure the buyer is a true Mustang enthusiast and will take care of her the way I would. That's like giving your child up for adoption and not knowing the parents. But, if I make sure to only post the raffle in Mustang forums... one of my own will get the car, and I can sleep at night.
Old 10/11/05, 07:50 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ponyboy66@October 11, 2005, 4:20 AM
Ian,
May God be with you and your family.
I will pray for you and your situation.

I know that this is hard, but when you see a new, precious little life enter into the world, most of the pain will go away.

You are a true example of man-hood.

A true mustang lover and one who deserves the car more than a lot of people who won't appreciate her as much as you.

Time will heal the wounds and the next pony will be much sweeter.

God bless and promise you'll post pics of the new arrival.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Ian, you will be in our prayers and certainly don't be a stranger. Trust me, when you first hold your child in your hands, nothing will replace the joy that brings.

Quick Reply: Acadian's "Shelby" (GT350 tribute) is up for sale