2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acadian's "Shelby" (GT350 tribute) is up for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/05, 09:31 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever since Hurricane Katrina, things have been going downhill for me. With my wife being out of work for almost a month, and with my company being so slow (I am an Architect and have had very little work since the hurricane), times are rough when it comes to money. All this, while we were in the process of trying to build our house in time for the new baby, makes it necessary that I sell the Mustang and drive my old F-150. So, as sad as it makes me (and may make a lot of my TMS friends I have made over the last year and a half), I need to sell the Mustang as soon as possible so that I can have enough to finish the house in time for the baby being born.

My question to everyone is how much should I ask for? The car has 15,000 miles on it, mainly highway. It has over $6000 in mods added to it. The options and mods are listed below. The car is in excellent condition, of course, and is really a one of a kind.

If there is anyone who reads this who may be interested in my car, or know of someone who is, send me a PM. I'd like to sell it to someone in or around Louisiana. I won't sell the car sight-unseen. Simply because I woudn't buy one without seeing it, hearing it and driving it first.

I have been fearing this for a couple weeks now, and was hoping I could make things work and keep the car. But, it just doesn't appear that it can happen. I'm just afraid that I'll have a really rough time selling a car like mine in this area at this time. I just don't see anyone buying a nice sports car with many people around here having financial problems. So, I am counting on my friends here at TMS to spread the word and find someone perhaps close enough to me to drive here, take a look at the car, test drive it and hopefully drive it back home.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :worship:
Old 10/10/05, 09:56 AM
Bullitt Member

if you need cash ASAP, you might want to do ebay. Set the reserve at you lowest price and let it ride. It might not be the most ideal situation, but it would get you cash sooner. Good luck on selling your stang and finishing your house.
Old 10/10/05, 10:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Good luck selling your car, and I hope everything works out for you.
Old 10/10/05, 10:11 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best of luck to you. A guy I used to work with had to sell his real Shelby GT350 back in the 60's when he had a kid. He still cries about it every day. I can see this being you. I'm sure you'll bounce back in a few years though.
Old 10/10/05, 10:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ian, even though you have to sell your car which I'm sure you consider your baby, you and your wife are blessed with a beautiful new baby on the way, Congrats!

Good luck selling your car. I hope everything works out ok. Don't be a stranger to the forums.
Old 10/10/05, 10:26 AM
FR500 Member

This isn't a thread about me selling my car... as much as it is me telling everyone I am soon to be leaving the forums.
Old 10/10/05, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ian I am very saddened to hear you need to sell. I hope that everything works out for you and the best of luck with the house and baby.

I am sure eventually once things settled that you will be able to put together and

cue six million dollar theme:

build a better and stronger mustang.

end six million dollar theme.

As for the thread being moved my opinion is Ian has contributed greatly to the sucess of these forums and yes there is more traffic in this section than the for sale areas.

In my opinion maybe the moderators can overlook this thread as needing to be moved for awhile so Ian can get the exposure he deserves.
Old 10/10/05, 10:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ian, Priorities Stink.
But are a Fact of Life. :bang:

Hope your back on Track soon.

Good Luck
Old 10/10/05, 10:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ian,

Maybe someone with a Mustang lost theirs to flooding and has the insurance check in-hand and is looking to replace their beloved Mustang with yours? Why not put in a call to your local MCA chapter?
Old 10/10/05, 10:45 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by blackhat97@October 10, 2005, 11:21 AM
Good luck selling your car. I hope everything works out ok. Don't be a stranger to the forums.
Thanks, and I'll still stop in and check on everyone here. Just won't be "here" like I used to be.
Old 10/10/05, 10:51 AM
FR500 Member

I appreciate the advice. And yes, I will still advertise locally. I just thought I'd post it here... since I'd need to post about selling my car anyway since I will no longer have it.

But, like I said, this is not even a thread about me selling my car. The chances of selling my car on here... when the majority of the members already have Mustangs, is slim to none. I mainly posted to put the word out that I will be selling my car and to let everyone know what is going on. Also, to get some ideas on how much I can expect to get for it. And if someone reads this who wants a modded '05, or knows someone who does, all the better.
Old 10/10/05, 10:54 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This post is staying where it is.

Ian, I wish you the best of luck in selling your car. I have watched everything you have done to that car since the day you got it. You sure do love that thing and I know you will miss it. Soon, when things turn around I am sure you will buy another one and treat it the same way. Good luck with everything and congrats on your upcoming edition to the family.
Old 10/10/05, 10:59 AM
Cobra Member

adam , not for nothing but you are being a real jerk... you should count you blessings that what happened down there did not happen to you or your family..it sucks he has to sell his car but that is the sacrafice he is making to take car of his family and new baby on the way...your profile says mustang dad of the year...it should be changed to the clown of the year..
Old 10/10/05, 10:59 AM
Cobra Member

oh dang Ian I am terribly sorry, and I hope things get turned around for you.
Maybe also try the autotrader or placing an ad in other states like Georgia or Texas, heck try even Florida!!
Best of luck to you and your family!!!
Old 10/10/05, 11:05 AM
GT Member

Ignore the turds Acadian! I am heartbroken for you! Good luck getting back on track and with the new baby!!!!! I'll keep you in my thoughts! I wish I could take her off your hands as she is beautiful!! Best wishes getting a fair price for her as well!
Old 10/10/05, 11:09 AM
Big Falken Tires

Awwwww man Ian - I don;t know what to say bro........

Su*ks that it has come to this but looks like this is the pitch life threw at you.....
My old roomie from college lived with me for a month after the storm befoire he relocated to Tampa so I know intimately how this storm has turned people's live upside down.

Don't be a stranger to the forum man - like John, I have watched as you worked on your car since the first mod and it is one of my favorites. Wouldn;t be the same place without ya.

Even though I am bummed as ^#@%#@%$ about not being able to get our cars together next year at Birmingham for some pictures , I sure hope things swing your way next year and you can at least get up there for the show, if not have a new Stang to bring.

Thanks for all the great advice regarding the car and the TOTALLY detailed ducktail instructions you laid out for me - that was way too cool.

You ROCK bro.
Old 10/10/05, 11:10 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Ian, man I hate to see you getting rid of her. I wish you and your family the best, as I know times are hard, especially if you are having to go this route. We are here for ya man.
Old 10/10/05, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Ian,
I too wish you luck, I'm sure it will all work out. Best of luck with the baby, keep us posted, and ignore this Adam guy.
Old 10/10/05, 11:16 AM
Cobra R Member

Acadian,

Your best bet may be to raffle it off. 50 dollars a ticket. Sell 600 tickets and you make a profit.

Unusual, but some one I know just raffled off a porche to give the profit to charity.

See you when you get back on your feet on the 'minvan source' forums.
Old 10/10/05, 11:18 AM
FR500 Member

I appreciate everyone's comments and concerns. Well, almost everyone's. It certainly is a sad day for me. What can I say though? Hurricanes are a you-know-what. Whenever I do get a new Mustang, whether it be a new one in a couple years, or an old fox body or '66 fastback to fix up, I'm going to name her Katrina. <_<

Quick Reply: Acadian's "Shelby" (GT350 tribute) is up for sale