2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2006 Mustang GT is home!

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/06, 09:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
The ordering journey has come to an end today. The adventures to come have begun.

Big thanks to Teri at Mossy Ford (San Diego, CA) for being the best salesperson and friend on the entire Westcoast, a true professional. Never had such a smooth car buying experience in my life!

Shout out to my TMS friends, Susan and Tom! Thanks for being part of our little support group through this tough time of waiting. And Susan, our GT's will forever be linked to each other. (Tom - Still pulling for you Bro!)

First impressions? AWESOME! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Sunny drive home up the 5 & 405 fwy, perfect weather. Kept the rpm's up and down for a good break-in, so I ocassionally downshifted her into 3rd from a rolling 60mph, acceleration and sound is pure Flat Rock Muscle!!

Enjoy the pics and one video clip (limited downloads, lmk if you want me to re-upload it).

Today was a good day.

video (5mb)

Old 2/25/06, 10:22 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great! I hope to be sending some pics soon... maybe March will be my lucky month? Normally we wait for a DAY for the car to be built, or a DAY for the car to ship... not me!!

Anyway... this post is about you, not me.

Glad you have her home safe and sound!
Old 2/25/06, 11:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Awsome, truly awsome. Glad you FINALLY got her home.

Makes the rest of ust that much more jealous. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 11:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Great pics. The video is awsome. The car really growls !!!!!! ! Looks like ya had a permasmile the entire ride back! That will be me soon. I just hope the weather changes around here. We had snow all day . HAVE FUN AND DRIVE PROUD !!!
Old 2/26/06, 01:56 AM

Great looking car !!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/26/06, 05:40 AM

Congrats! Looks and sounds great!
Old 2/26/06, 11:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Bill,

Congrats!!! I'm a family man myself with 3 kids (ages 16, 14 & 7). The excitement on both of your faces is priceless!!!
Old 2/26/06, 11:13 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/woohoo.gif[/img]

Nice TR GT!
Old 2/26/06, 05:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Bill - I finally came back! I have been having too much fun with my car (yours' sister). I am going to try to post some pictures.

I loved your video. That is going to be an heirloom for your son. Amazing.

Please keep in touch!
Old 2/26/06, 05:48 PM
GT Member

Fantastic looking car Bill! Glad you got her back to the corral safe and sound. Your son looks like he was having as much fun as you [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Have fun with that beautiful car and let me know if you get hooked up with some FRPP mufflers at a good price, otherwise I will wait for April. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] I second your comments about Teri, she is good people.
Old 2/27/06, 08:40 AM

Thanks everyone for the kudos! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Although my son obviously can't drive yet, he has fun pressing down the clutch (barely reaches it) and running through the gears... engine off of course!

Layered two coats of Zaino yesterday, was shooting for three, but my arms and hands couldn't take it anymore! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] So instead, we took her out for a spin!

Zaino is some pretty amazing stuff. Although a bit of a pain having to mix this with that, spray a gloss enhancer between coats, buffing, and more buffing, the results were awsome! Even put one coat on the Bullitts for good measure.

I was going to go over the interior and engine bay, but was too tired! I'll save that stuff for next weekend, weather permitting.

Here's some pics of us hard at work and the results of that labor of love.

The Torch Red really does 'pop out' at you more in person! Pictures don't do it justice, but you get the idea.
Old 2/27/06, 09:12 AM
GTR Member

Looks wonderful! Can't wait to use it myself... Which of the Zaino products did you purchase? Z2? Sounds like you have a bunch of stuff...

Maybe I'll order the Zaino now so I have it when the car comes...
Old 2/27/06, 09:34 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 27, 2006, 10:15 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Looks wonderful! Can't wait to use it myself... Which of the Zaino products did you purchase? Z2? Sounds like you have a bunch of stuff...

Maybe I'll order the Zaino now so I have it when the car comes...
[/b][/quote]
Thanks Tom.

I got the ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive, Z-2 Pro, Z-6 Gloss Enhancer spray, Z-7 Car Wash solution, and the Z-16 Tire Gloss.

I didn't find the need to clay it first because the paint finish was pretty smooth to start with.

I waited around 30 minutes for the polish to haze before buffing it out. Then used the Z-6 in between coats. It was slightly cloudy and around 70 degrees.

Zaino really stresses to use high quality bath towels saying the cheapie ones will scratch the paint. Of course, after spending $$$ on the car and 70 bucks on the Zaino stuff, I wasn't about to go cheap on the towels. Fortunately, I found a killer deal on some 'irregular' white premium bath towels from Macy's! Regular price is $25 each, but scored it for $9.95! So I bought 4. My in-laws think I'm crazy for using new towels on my precious! hehehe!

I haven't tried the Z-16 yet. Planning on using it on all the plastic and rubber on the car (tires and engine compartment), I e-mailed Zaino on this and they said no problem.
Old 2/27/06, 09:41 AM
GTR Member

Great info... I'll get an order going. What's another $70, after $30,000? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/27/06, 10:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 27, 2006, 10:44 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Great info... I'll get an order going. What's another $70, after $30,000? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Ditto [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/27/06, 05:32 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ February 26, 2006, 1:18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Awsome, truly awsome. Glad you FINALLY got her home.

Makes the rest of ust that much more jealous. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I'm jealous too. Love the wheels. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/27/06, 07:04 PM
GT Member

Bill,
You can't put a price on the memories you are making for your son. He will remember the day you brought your Mustang home all his life. Every time he helps you wash and wax will just be another great time spent with Dad. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Good for you! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
I bought my son a Mustang before he could drive and we worked on it together. He drove it all thru High School. He now has a 4X4 truck but likes to come home and borrow a Mustang.
Thanks for bringing back those memories.
Dan
Old 3/3/06, 08:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats, Bill! Next to the combo I bought, your TR with 18" Bullitts was probably my second choice. Sweet!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img]

I don't know, us Teri TMS'ers ought to have a reunion or something...
Old 3/4/06, 02:04 PM
Cobra Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] Congrats! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 4/25/06, 05:52 AM

Its good to know that you can wax a new paint job like that. I wasnt sure if it was ok, but after reading this it looks awsome, Keep it clean and make sure that bike doesnt get too close [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 2006 Mustang GT is home!